Home

SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)

JaraDaj

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by thehomicidalegg

dont put all the binds in the autoexec.cfg... have other

Right your are! I use the autoexec.cfg to load my other cfg files. Currently I use one for my player, one for scripts, one for my command controls, one for communication, one for system, and another for my ctf text script. All of my mods have cfg files in the mod folders that I load when I eneter that mod. Like the one for jedimod is jmod.cfg. Its the only way to go.:D

Hey all. I actually took the time to read through all of the pages in this thread (now I think it's time for a nap...), and I don't recall seeing this question before.

I was wondering if anyone had any insight on how to switch Force powers in game without having to kill yourself and respawn.

Example: I usually set my Seeing to max power, but I want to be able to hit a button and toggle over to a configuration that puts all those force points over to Absorb (for when I find myself in the middle of a mele).

If there's anyone out there that could give me a hand, I'd appreciate it!! :cool:

I think you'll have to kill yourself and respawn. As far as I've been able to discern, there's no way to make the new force powers go into effect until the next spawn.

The good news is that there were several posts in this thread on force settings.

BTW, if I'm wrong on this, someone PLEASE correct me. But the respawn makes sense... I'm sure it has to do with the player config being initiated.

SKinWalker

i've also seen a black name, not untill I wanted one I cared, now I want one (.BlackSunOverMidland.) and I see it black in the menu but ingame it's white, I'm 100% sure I've seen a black name

there must be some way to make it black, medetate on this I will... (even though that won't help anything, hehe)

Originally posted by Hand_Solo

I was wondering if anyone had any insight on how to switch Force powers in game without having to kill yourself and respawn.

[/b]

You MUST die first! No other way. What you could do is use one of the force change scripts above and add in the kill command at the start of it. That might work...I have not tried that, I just wait until I die.

Hey, thanks guys...unfortunately, it wasn't the answer I was hoping for.

I'd hate having to put a -1 in my kill total. (although it would be a hell of a lot better than falling off the edge of a map because of f*ing LAG!)

:swear:

I've found this thread to be incredibly informative - keep it up! :D

MakaVeli_Da_DoN, I can't figure out why you'd want your name to appear in black. When I play, my screen resolution is maxed out and I can barely read the messages or names when they're in white! If they're blue , forget it. I can only imagine how poor black would look (especially on a dark map).

Originally posted by MakaVeli_Da_Don

i shall heaven and earth asunder till fid out how to make my name black! i' glad someone else finally saw a black named person...u prolly saw a TK.....some scripter in here must KNOW! these guys are so smart!

We will work on it for you. I personally have never seen it but will give it a shot as I pop on and off my server tonight. Get back to you on Friday.:D But do not get your hopes too high...........:nut:

any progress on the scripts in your PM, Maximus ? no hurry, just wondering

and Hand_Solo, it's not for you that we want the black font, it's for us to feel better about our name and to have our names the way WE want them ;)

"maybe I should do that shit so J can get payed" - ICP : "Terrible"

hey i'm looking for a script that 1 change my name 2 change my model and 3 change my model when i klick on one buttom...

i have tried with "bind i name ^1[JHQ]^5Master_Duchai;; bind i model jedi;; bind i model reborn" with no luck :-\

and do anyone in here know how to change the saber color with the TCK Color Mod?? (the one thats with the jedimod)

This is mine; edit as requird

//Name and model

set name-1 "bind KP_DEL vstr dinsult1; vstr darkname-2; model reborn/boss; vstr saber-reborn; vstr hilts-2; set my-name vstr name-2"

set name-2 "bind KP_DEL vstr yinsult1; vstr lightname-2; model yoda/default; vstr saber-yoda; vstr hilts-1; set my-name vstr name-3"

set name-3 "bind KP_DEL vstr linsult-1; vstr lightname-3; model luke/default; vstr saber-luke; vstr hilts-3; set my-name vstr name-4"

set name-4 "bind KP_DEL vstr dinsult1; vstr darkname-1; model yoda/red; vstr saber-red-yoda; vstr hilts-1; set my-name vstr name-5"

set name-5 "bind KP_DEL vstr yinsult1; vstr lightname-1; model yodaghost/default; vstr saber-ghost; set my-name vstr name-1"

set my-name "vstr name-1"

bind INS "vstr my-name"

//Resize

set grow "vstr size-1;wait 50;vstr size-2;wait 50;vstr size-3;wait 50;vstr size-4;wait 50;vstr size-5"

bind DEl "vstr grow"

//Sith

set darkname-1 "set name (your name here)"

set darkname-2 "set name (your name here)"

//Light

set lightname-1 "set name (your name here)"

set lightname-2 "set name (your name here)"

set lightname-3 "set name (your name here)"

//Tck saber colors

set saber-reborn "set tck_red1 255; set tck_green1 25; set tck_blue1 50; set tck_red2 255; set tck_green2 25; set tck_blue2 50"

set saber-yoda "set tck_red1 1; set tck_green1 255; set tck_blue1 98; set tck_red2 1; set tck_green2 255; set tck_blue2 98"

set saber-luke "set tck_red1 1; set tck_green1 255; set tck_blue1 1; set tck_red2 1; set tck_green2 1; set tck_blue2 255"

set saber-red-yoda "set tck_red1 255; set tck_green1 1; set tck_blue1 125; set tck_red2 255; set tck_green2 1; set tck_blue2 125"

set saber-ghost "set tck_red1 1; set tck_green1 255; set tck_blue1 200; set tck_red2 1; set tck_green2 255; set tck_blue2 200"

//Hilts

set hilts-1 "set hilt yoda; set hilt2 yoda"

set hilts-2 "set hilt ancient; set hilt2 ancient"

set hilt-3 "set hilt quigon; set hilt2 quigon"

This changes your name, tck saber color, model and the hilts that you use. Just replace the names and so forth. The default bound key is INSERT (INS) but you can change that to the one you want.

The numbers for the tck are the same numbers from the slider bar. tck_red1 would be the red value of saber no 1 and tck_red2 is the red value of saber no 2. You get the idea.....enjoy!:D

Originally posted by remark 666

and Hand_Solo, it's not for you that we want the black font, it's for us to feel better about our name and to have our names the way WE want them ;)

I understand where you're coming from... I play MP using a Boba Fett or Darth Vader skin, but unless an opponent has the same skin in their base folder, they can't see it......

Just throwing my 2 cents in there.

Tell you what...if I figure out how to change the font to black, I'll be the first guy to post it here!:D

DAMN can't get it to work...

wrote this in the autoexec.cfg file in the mod folder (then it should load it automatically right?) and btw the CS is my bro's clan... i wan't so that the JHQ is on the "i" key and the CS is on the "o" key... so can anyone tell me what i have done wrong??

//Name and model JHQ

set name-1 "bind KP_DEL vstr dinsult1; vstr JHQname-1; model Marax_Duchai/default; vstr saber-Marax; vstr hilts-2; set my-name vstr name-2"

set name-2 "bind KP_DEL vstr yinsult1; vstr JHQname-2; model Anai_Duchai/default; vstr saber-Marax; vstr hilts-1; set my-name vstr name-3"

set name-3 "bind KP_DEL vstr linsult-1; vstr JHQname-3; model jedi/default; vstr saber-Marax; vstr hilts-3; set my-name vstr name-1"

set my-name "vstr name-1"

bind i "vstr my-name"

//CS Name/Model

set name-3 "bind KP_DEL vstr dinsult1; vstr CSname-1; model Anai_Duchai; vstr saber-Anai; vstr hilts-2; set my-name vstr name-4"

set name-4 "bind KP_DEL vstr yinsult1; vstr CSname-2; model jedi/default; vstr saber-Anai; vstr hilts-1; set my-name vstr name-3"

set my-name "vstr name-3"

bind o "vstr my-name"

//CS

set CSname-1 "set name (^4[^6CS^4]Anai^4[^5XO^4])"

set CSname-2 "set name (^4[^6CS^4]Anai^4[^5XO^4])"

//JHQ

set JHQname-1 "set name (^1[JHQ]^5Master_Duchai)"

set JHQname-2 "set name (^1[JHQ]^5Master_Duchai)"

set JHQname-3 "set name (^1[JHQ]^5Master_Duchai)"

//Tck saber colors

set saber-Marax "set tck_red1 163; set tck_green1 212; set tck_blue1 255; set tck_red2 255; set tck_green2 212; set tck_blue2 163"

set saber-Anai "set tck_red1 255; set tck_green1 212; set tck_blue1 163; set tck_red2 163; set tck_green2 212; set tck_blue2 255"

//Hilts

set hilts-1 "set hilt Anakinep2; set hilt2 anakin"

set hilts-2 "set hilt Anakinep2; set hilt2 ancient"

set hilt-3 "set hilt Anakinep2; set hilt2 qui-gon"

Burner:

Let's see...

* most aliases are called xxxxx-1 but dinsult1 and yinsult1 are not. Is this correct?

* name-3 is used both in JHQ and CS section.

* the last hilt alias is hilt-3 not hilts-3.

* I don't think the "vstr name-1" command is executed in the

"set my-name" setting.

Originally posted by zworqy

Burner:

Let's see...

* most aliases are called xxxxx-1 but dinsult1 and yinsult1 are not. Is this correct?

* name-3 is used both in JHQ and CS section.

* the last hilt alias is hilt-3 not hilts-3.

* I don't think the "vstr name-1" command is executed in the

"set my-name" setting.

donno don't know very much about scripting.... but at least i can see where your going with the name-3 and hilt-3(or the other numbers) all i did was copy Sith Maximus' and edited it...

Originally posted by JaraDaj

Besides, arguing over the internet is like running in the special olympics. No matter who wins, you still look stupid.

Ok, right off the bat, that's about the funniest thing I've heard all week. Mind if I use that?

JaraDaj: Are you a programmer by any chance? If not, you should really consider a career in Application Develoment (That's what I do), you seem to have a talent for it.

Scripting for the Quake 3 engine (JK2 is based on the Quake 3 engine and 99% of the scripts written for Quake 3 will work in JK2) is a lot like programming.

For all those who have flamed in this thread: Get over it man. Whether it's cheating or not, whether it's unfair or not, it's not going away......ever.

I'm an application developer, which means that I write the code behind programs such as media players, word processors, and video games. Lemme break it down for ya. When JK2 starts up, it reads in all the QVM files (Quake Virtual Machine). In these files are the building blocks of the game (basically the mathematical operations performed by the computer that are then translated into what you see on the screen). Then comes the audio/visual stuff: models, images, .wav files (actually JK2 utilizes MP3 sound files). After this is done, the final step is to load the configuration files (cfg). These configuration files tell the game engine which keys should perform what actions and how the graphics, audio, and other environment settings are configured on the local machine. So, you see, without the configuration files, it would be impossible to play the game because no keyboard buttons would actually do anything.

"So", you say, "Why not just 'hard code' the button configurations into the game engine itself and do away with the ability to change the default button settings all together?"

That's a good question, here's why Raven will never do it:

It would require a complete retooling of the original source code. They would have to replace certain variable names, whose values are read in from the configuration files, to their literal counterparts. We're talking about a major change-up of several thousand lines of code. Then you have to remember that the keys on a standard keyboard in America are not represented by the same characters on a standard keyboard in any other non-english speaking country. This means that Raven now has to not only re-work the code, but has to re-work the code for every single language in the world. You starting to see why this just isn't cost effective? We coders aren't cheap you know.

Ok, I'll get down off my soap box now.

I wanted to let everyone pertinent to this thread know that there are several VERY high quality tutorials on the Web for writing these things. If you'd like to learn more about how it's done, you can start by going to http://www.planetquake.com/thebind/

This site is written for binding in Quake 3, but for the most part it works the same in JK2.

Here are a few of my own scripts (excuse the comments in a few of em, I sometimes tend to get a little comment happy):

// When you press the bound key you crouch, press again to stand up

set crouch1 "+movedown; echo Crouching...; set crouch vstr crouch2"

set crouch2 "-movedown; echo Standing...; set crouch vstr crouch1"

set crouch "vstr crouch1"

bind c "vstr crouch"

// When you press the bound key you run, press again to walk (you have to disable the always run feature or the messages will display backwards)

set run1 "+speed; echo Running...; set run vstr run2"

set run2 "-speed; echo Walking...; set run vstr run1"

set run "vstr run1"

bind shift "vstr run"

// Press the bound key to start recording a demo, again to stop

// Record up to 80 demos in a session before they start to overwrite

// ******************************

// *Written By: =sRs=Primesghost*

// * Demo Config Ver: 1.2 *

// * http://www.quakemonster.com *

// ******************************

// Installation:

// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// Place this code into a Notepad text file.

// Save the file with any filename you wish.

// Edit the file's ".txt" extension to ".cfg"

// copy the file into your "Quake III Arena\baseq3" folder

// (this folder is usually found at "driveletter:Program Files\Quake III Arena\baseq3")

// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//

// Usage:

// ---------------------------------------------------

// While playing Quake 3: Arena

// Load the config (cfg) file: /exec ConfigName

// ---------------------------------------------------

// Begin code

// demo(01 - 80) are basically variables with specific commands attached to each.

// The commands attached to the demo(01 - 80) alternate the recording process.

// The first time the bound key is pressed, demo1 is triggered.

//

// demo1:

// Turns on Synchronous Client mode

// Begins recording of a demo with the filename "demo0001"

// Turns off Synchronous Client mode

// Binds the key (whichever key was bound to demo) to demo2

//

// demo2:

// Stops the recording of current demo

// Binds the key (whichever key was bound to demo) to demo3

//

// The cycle continues up to 40 demos and starts over (this will record over previous demos).

//

set demo1 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0001; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo2"

set demo2 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo3"

set demo3 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0002; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo4"

set demo4 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo5"

set demo5 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0003; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo6"

set demo6 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo7"

set demo7 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0004; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo8"

set demo8 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo9"

set demo9 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0005; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo10"

set demo10 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo11"

set demo11 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0006; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo12"

set demo12 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo13"

set demo13 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0007; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo14"

set demo14 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo15"

set demo15 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0008; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo16"

set demo16 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo17"

set demo17 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0009; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo18"

set demo18 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo19"

set demo19 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0010; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo20"

set demo20 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo21"

set demo21 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0011; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo22"

set demo22 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo23"

set demo23 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0012; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo24"

set demo24 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo25"

set demo25 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0013; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo26"

set demo26 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo27"

set demo27 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0014; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo28"

set demo28 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo29"

set demo29 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0015; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo30"

set demo30 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo31"

set demo31 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0016; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo32"

set demo32 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo33"

set demo33 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0017; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo34"

set demo34 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo35"

set demo35 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0018; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo36"

set demo36 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo37"

set demo37 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0019; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo38"

set demo38 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo39"

set demo39 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo00020; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo40"

set demo40 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo41"

set demo41 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo00021; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo42"

set demo42 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo43"

set demo43 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo00022; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo44"

set demo44 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo45"

set demo45 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo00023; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo46"

set demo46 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo47"

set demo47 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo00024; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo48"

set demo48 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo49"

set demo49 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo00025; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo50"

set demo50 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo51"

set demo51 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo00026; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo52"

set demo52 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo53"

set demo53 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo00027; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo54"

set demo54 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo55"

set demo55 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo00028; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo56"

set demo56 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo57"

set demo57 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo00029; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo58"

set demo58 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo59"

set demo59 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0030; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo60"

set demo60 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo61"

set demo61 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0031; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo62"

set demo62 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo63"

set demo63 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0032; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo64"

set demo64 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo65"

set demo65 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0033; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo66"

set demo66 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo67"

set demo67 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0034; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo68"

set demo68 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo69"

set demo69 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0035; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo70"

set demo70 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo71"

set demo71 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0036; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo72"

set demo72 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo73"

set demo73 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0037; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo74"

set demo74 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo75"

set demo75 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0038; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo76"

set demo76 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo77"

set demo77 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo0039; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo78"

set demo78 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo79"

set demo79 "g_synchronousclients 1; record demo00040; g_synchronousclients 0; set demo vstr demo80"

set demo80 "stoprecord; set demo vstr demo1"

// Sets demo equal to demo1

set demo "vstr demo1"

// Binds F12 to the vstr demo

bind f12 "vstr demo"

// End code

Keep up the good work, I'm working on a comprehensive explanation of how scripts work and a few good scripting habits. I'll post it here when I finish it.

Archived