Home

SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)

JaraDaj

Originally posted by Jedi Degreel

To use a console gamer analogy again, If I sat down to learn how to perform a Zangief Spinning Pile Driver but didnt want to bother learning it and instead purchased a controller with macro ability and keyed it to happen with one button press that takes away an enourmous amount of skill required to play as Zangief properly. Just jump in short, crouching short and hit key for SPD. compare that to what you need to do jump in short, crouching short, 360 degrees circle motion of control pad and fierce puch at the right time. quite a differece no? This average player now has an easy "super move" accessible to him to use at any time and only needs minimal skill to pull it off using it much more then he normally would changing the style of play he might have had to play as he learned the move. Scripts can have this same effect for FPS games as well.

-Degreel

This is the exact root of the problem for me. I don't want a Console Gamer's Mentality to have jack to do with my PC Games. I absolutely HATE consoles. I hate their stupid controllers that give you blisters. I hate the stupid kid-like arcade games that are made for them. I hate that there will always be a game you want not coming out for the console you have.

And what I truly hate is that game developers are treating the pc more & more like a piece 'o sh!t console! There is less & less support for controllers for the pc. Everything is being designed for the keyboard & mouse only. I have over $500 worth of high end gaming equipment collecting dust due to lack of support with any of the new games.

Combo moves in pc games are a direct reflection of how Console Mentality is invading the PC Game arena. PC games used to be more about mental skill, whereas now they're more about Finger Olympics.

Combo moves in pc games are there because companies that design games are getting lazy & trying to save money. Putting combo moves in the pc version of a game makes it very easy to transfer the code over to a console platform where they HAVE to use combos due to the lack of buttons available on console controllers. It is not because they want to make the game somehow more challenging for pc game players. If that were truly the case, then they would have used keypress combos that weren't assigned to other attack/movement functions so you couldn't do a special by accident.

So, in rebellion of this Console Invasion, I use binds for any combo move, or for anything that requires mashing on the keys as fast as I can. After all, I have other uses for the keyboard & I don't want to buy another one any sooner than I have to.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not been playing JK2 for a while now as I have been awaiting the arrival of a new computer which will be arriving on Monday so I have not witnessed scripts being used in the multiplayer games other than the key bind messages and taunts.

I use the key binds to send text messages quickly and easily to the other players and i think that this is fair enough. I also use key binds to change my player character midgame. This again i think is fair enough.

I do not like the sound of attack scripts being used though as that is so cheap.

Someone said a few posts ago regarding the use of a macro controller in Street Fighter2 that it was a bad thing as it removed the skill from the game and made it very easy for someone to use the awkward supermove quite often and i have to agree with them. When my friends and I used to play street fighter2 on the Nintendo we disallowed any macro or speed shoot controllers as they were so lame. If you can recall ; Chun Li had a speed kick as her super move and when you had an auto fire controller you could always beat someone who did not have the controller when you both tried to do the speek kick. Hardly fair and not much fun for either party.

I like the idea of scripts that allow you to do extra things in the game, like spinning your lightsaber or gaining additional taunts, but using them to win matches/score points seems to be an admission of a lack of skill.

If you write a script to carry out a series of attacks against an enemy it is possible (I guess) to ensure that if the first attack hits they will be unable to defend against the remainder of the combo. I would have respect for people that did moves like that if it was down to their control skill/practice but i have none for the people that press a button and then watch as their attacks destroy their enemy with no further input. Bit like aimbots in Half life really why bother.........

autobots, hmm....

here is what I found in a jk2 cfg... seta g_saberAutoAim, but that was for single player, maybe there is a way to work around it for MP, I'll give it a try....there is one for Q3/BFP, I know some people are using it, I'll look into that maybe...still need to pick a new car, BWM 5.35i is what is on my mind right now, beautiful car :)

autobot can be usefull for rockets, aka weapons servers, but it would make landing specials much easier too...maybe I shouldn't start this....but people ARE using it, I've seen clans do it, so I'll make security for myself ;)

Originally posted by MakaVeli_Da_Don

how the heck do i use these? i have 56k and i NEED to lower my PING!!

First of all thse scripts are for a cable/dsl setup. I am sorry you have a 56k connection, but there is not alot you can do to lower your ping except run at the lowest resolution and with everything nerfed in the windows background. You may want to goto http://www.3dspotlight.com to check out their operating system and modem tweaks. But with 56k you are lucky to get a 300ping, my brother gets an average of 450...yuk!

Anyway the fps cap is to set a lower fps for your machine so that it will not try to overwork the system.

The rate is to increase or decrese the amount of data sent out from your machine. If you want to match a server add in rates for 4000,5000 and so on.

With nudge you just match the rate you get on the server and it will help to steady your connection. Your nudge setting is usually fixed so this variable helps to even you out. Same with snaps.

Packets are the amount of data you send to and from a server. You may want to lower this on a laggy server and up it on a high bandwidth server, again this is used to steady your connection.

Spectator key is self explanatory .

Lod or level of detail. This increases or decreases the detail level in the game. The amount of polygons and the sky are the main things it changes. If your on a laggy server just reduce the lod. The less information the computers need to pass back and forth the less lag you have.

Nuff said! But remember to tweak it for your computer. Other than nudge you may not have to change anything if you have a fast machine and a high speed connection.

Alos some more 56k tips. Set your rate to 10000 in your jk2mpcfg file, snaps to 20 and run at low detail. That is the best you can do for that type of connection. In a bind change your rate to like 7500. Play only on servers of 300 ping or less.

Has anyone had any luck getting the black letters to show up in the name, I saw a guy in a CTF server today and he had the black letters showing and I asked him how he did it and he said he couldn't tell me:mad: he promised someone he wouldn't tell.:rolleyes:

I don't really want to participate in the scripting vs non-scripting debate. I don't script moves, personal choice. I do look down on scripters (in context definition, people who script combo moves)for their 'taking the easy way out' but I'll beat them as often as I beat non-scripters and I won't whine about it.

but I had to comment on this ridiculous statement.

PC games used to be more about mental skill, whereas now they're more about Finger Olympics.

There's many different TYPES of PC games out there.

Why the hell would you buy a FPS if you don't want to have quick finger reflexes? Go buy Civ III or something

:rolleyes:

Hey Garath,

You should re-read that post before you single out that one sentence & take it out of context.

I only play FPS's & Flight Sims, & if you've been playing them as long as I have you know what I'm talking about.

If you haven't, then I challenge you to go find some old FPS games & play them. Get Doom, Duke Nukem, Dark Forces, JKII, & MOTS. Play them & then come back here & tell me that controller support is as prevalent now as it was for those older games. You won't be able to. You won't be able to tell me that gameplay in all the previous versions of this game was similar to Outcast. And you won't find hardly any FPS games that were specifically designed for the pc & not for consoles that have combo moves. It was not done then, & it shouldn't be done now.

There are other ways they could have made the specials harder to perform than using attack/movement keypress combos. Having a smaller area to aim at such as the head instead of the whole body for instance, or a different yet equally difficult combo where the keys do not serve any other functions.

When I play I mostly use the basic strafe/attack moves. I do more specials by accident than I do on purpose a lot of times because they use the attack movement keys to execute them. Sometimes I just wanna run, slash, & jump in red without doing a dfa, if you get my drift.

I also am not a fan of multiple move combos & I will never use them. And if you were to play against me you would see that. My gripe is not with scripters or you, or any other nonscripters, but with game developers who are turning out crappy products more & more. Years ago I could have spent $50 a month easy on pc games, & now that the quality has gotten so bad I hardly spend that much in a year.

I would have much rather seen them put out this game with proper controller support & with an engine that does not allow for scripting at all. But they chose the cheap & easy way out when making this game, so as a result, I script.

Garath, good to see ya on LucasForums. You're right, there is no point arguing about scripting. Some people think it's ok, and some people think it's wrong. No one's right, I guess we all have our own personal opinion, and that's the way it should be.

Caius

hi guys i dunno if someone posted this before but i couldnt find it. so here it goes, i need a bind that will do a strafe jump! instead of pressing jump+strafe+forward i need one that does it with one..is that possible?

also i need to bind my force cfg because switching manually for dif levels pisses me offf and i would like to bind it so if i press D or whatever it switches to my Dark Master force cfg and L for Light MAster cfg. thx ahead of time

any ideas/suggestions on that??

Could someone please explain what the echo comand does? I'm pretty new to this, though I have read this whole thread (LONG!!) and I have used some scripting for single player and just to see what I can get to work right. As far as this whole debat goes I think that so long as people aren't using scripts for attacks and to rack up kills then everything's fine. I play this game to have fun and not to just win as much as possible. Yes, winning is fun but it's more fun for me to make myself a better player. Winning isn't everything in my opinion and the people that freak the second they lose just make me laugh.

any ideas/suggestions on that??

Ok MakaVeli_Da_Don here is the strafe jump:

//Strafe jump left

bind (your key here) "+moveup;+forward;+moveleft;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;-moveup;-forward;-moveleft"

//Strafe jump right

bind (your key here) "+moveup;+forward;+moveright;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;-moveup;-forward;-moveright"

You may need to change the wait states in order for it to work right, add or subtract as needed. This is Untested so let us know how it does.

Now here is the force cfg:

//Light force

set light-force "set forcepowers (PUT NUMBERS HERE); echo [^4LIGHT ^4JEDI ^4POWERS^7]; forcechanged; set powers vstr dark-force"

bind (your key here) "vstr light-force"

//Dark force

set light-force "set forcepowers (PUT NUMBERS HERE); echo [^1DARK ^1JEDI ^1POWERS^7]; forcechanged; set powers vstr light-force"

bind (your key here) "vstr dark-force"

In the "put numbers here" slot you put in the force cfg numbers for the game. You do this by the following, first is the cost of the powers. Remember a jedi master has 100 force points. This is the one I would use becasue almos all servers run as a master.

Cost of powers:

GENERAL POWERS

FORCE JUMP 0 2 6

FORCE PUSH 1 3 6

FORCE PULL 1 3 6

FORCE SPEED 2 4 6

FORCE SEEING 2 5 8

SABER ATTACK 0 5 8

SABER DEFEND 0 5 8

SABER THROW 4 6 8

LIGHTSIDE POWERS

FORCE ABSORB 1 3 6

FORCE HEAL 2 4 6

FORCE PROTECT 2 5 8

MIND TRICK 4 6 8

DARKSIDE POWERS

FORCE GRIP 1 3 6

FORCE DRAIN 2 4 6

FORCE LIGHTNING 2 5 8

FORCE RAGE 4 6 8

The formula is this:

this is an example of the powers: "7-1-030220003330001332"

The first number (7) is to let the computer know you are a jedi master, 6 would be a night and so on down the line. You then put in a (-) folowed by a 1 for a light jedi or a 2 for a dark jedi. Then you put in the other (-) followed by the powers you want. Look at the next 18 numbers in a column and you will see how it works. Each number corrisponds to the following force power list. Remember the levels are 0 to 3. 0 = the first column in the "cost" table with 2 and 3 following.

1) Heal

2) Jump

3) Speed

4) Push

5) Pull

6) Mind Trick

7) Grip

8) Lightning

9) Dark Rage

10) Protect

11) Absorb

12) Team Heal

13) Team Force

14) Drain

15) Sight

16) Saver Offense

17) Saber Defense

18) Saber Throw

Remember this is not an "on the fly" script. You must be dead to change your force powers. You can hit the key to bind the powers so when you regen you switch from say light to dark, but like I said you must wait to respawn. Their is no way around that, unless you kill yourself...

Hope this helps.

:D

Here is a little script for the admins who run Jedimod or Jediplus servers. This script will help you to spawn the stormtroopers.

First as the admin you must turn cheat access on in the server cfg file, the line is....

seta mod_debugcheats "1"

Then set your rcon password and go into your server. In the console type in this:

/rcon cheataccess (your client number, should be 0)

or

/rcon (your password) cheataccess (your client number, should be 0)

It will grant you the ability to spawn the troopers but will not let anyone cheat.

Now this bind takes two keys. One to select and the other to execute the command. The first line is for a single stormtrooper and the other is for a platoon of troopers.

//Spawn Stormtroopers

set sst "echo SPAWN SINGLE STORMTROOPER; bind (second key here) vstr spawn-sst; set spawn-npc vstr mst"

set mst "echo SPAWN MULTIPLE STORMTROOPERS; bind (second key here) vstr spawn-mst; set spawn-npc vstr sst"

set spawn-sst "g2animent"

set spawn-mst "g2platoon"

set spawn-npc "vstr sst"

bind (first key here) "vstr spawn-npc"

Press the first key to select the number of stormtroopers and the the second key to put them in the game.

You must reset the cheataccess with each map change. Also sometime the storm troopers get "stuck" in the ground and bounce up and down. I find that if you jump high in the air and then spawn them they "land" on the ground around you. Also if you get killed by the stormtroopers you lose a kill in your totals. So make sure everyone knows your about to do this before you do it. Have fun, this is a real riot!

I was hoping someone could help create a taunt script. I have multiple taunts and I was hoping someone could help me create a script where I can cycle through the taunts and exec whichever I want, I tried it on my own and I was able to cycle through them but i was unable to execute the specific taunt...If you would like me to post the script I created I will.

Thank You in advance.

Originally posted by NemoX

I was hoping someone could help create a taunt script. I have multiple taunts and I was hoping someone could help me create a script where I can cycle through the taunts and exec whichever I want, I tried it on my own and I was able to cycle through them but i was unable to execute the specific taunt...If you would like me to post the script I created I will.

Thank You in advance.

Please post it an d we will make it work for you:D

Originally posted by remark 666

thanks Sith, I'll make sure to pass that awesome spawn script around :)

the name of the server again ? I added it but I have so many favorites that I need to know the name of that server you PMd me :)

Its:

Crazy Yoda (Jmod v1.2)

I run no custom maps as of now and have just s few skins.

I am adding some more today but for now make sure ya have the Yoda Ghost model, Cheshire Vader, Battledriod and a wookie. I am adding Boba Fett and some others tonight. Ask for the admin when you join. Server starts at 8pm Florida time.

Originally posted by Sith Maximus

Please post it an d we will make it work for you:D

This was the best I could do:

bind F2 "vstr say"

bind F3 "vstr nxt_insult"

bind F4 "vstr prv_insult"

//******************************************************************************************************

//Insults Target on bind

//======================

set insultt0 "set say How does that feel? huh?; set prv_insult vstr insultt20; set nxt_insult vstr insultt1; echo =How does that feel? huh?="

set insultt1 "set say Hurt much?; set prv_insult vstr insultt0; set nxt_insult vstr insultt2; echo =Hurt much?="

set insultt2 "set say I got you in my sites!....Pansy!; set prv_insult vstr insultt1; set nxt_insult vstr insultt3; echo =I got you in my sites!....Pansy!="

set insultt3 "set say Behind you!; set prv_insult vstr insultt2; set nxt_insult vstr insultt4; echo =Behind you!="

set insultt4 "set say Turn around and face me, biatch!; set prv_insult vstr insultt3; set nxt_insult vstr insultt5; echo =Turn around and face me, biatch!="

set insultt5 "set say ^1STOP IT! ^4That tickles!; set prv_insult vstr insultt4; set nxt_insult vstr insultt6; echo =^1STOP IT! ^4That tickles!="

set insultt6 "set say That'll leave a mark!; set prv_insult vstr insultt5; set nxt_insult vstr insultt7; echo =That'll leave a mark!="

set insultt7 "set say Whos' your favorite rascal? SPANKY!; set prv_insult vstr insultt6; set nxt_insult vstr insultt8; echo =Whos' your favorite rascal? SPANKY!="

set insultt8 "set say Shoo fly! You bother me.; set prv_insult vstr insultt7; set nxt_insult vstr insultt9; echo =Shoo fly! You bother me.="

set insultt9 "set say Was that a mosquito?; set prv_insult vstr insultt8; set nxt_insult vstr insultt10; echo =Was that a mosquito?="

set insultt10 "set say I like my baby back baby back ribs. Chilly's baby back ribs.; set prv_insult vstr insultt9; set nxt_insult vstr insultt11; echo =I like my baby back baby back ribs.="

set insultt11 "set say Hail to the king, baby; set prv_insult vstr insultt10; set nxt_insult vstr insultt12; echo =Hail to the king, baby="

set insultt12 "set say Somebody wants the smack down!; set prv_insult vstr insultt11; set nxt_insult vstr insultt13; echo =Somebody wants the smack down!="

set insultt13 "set say Yipii kayo kiyae Motha****a!; set prv_insult vstr insultt12; set nxt_insult vstr insultt14; echo =Yipii kayo kiyae Motha****a!="

set insultt14 "set say Welcome to deaths house.; set prv_insult vstr insultt13; set nxt_insult vstr insultt15; echo =Welcome to deaths house.="

set insultt15 "set say You got REAL ugly!; set prv_insult vstr insultt14; set nxt_insult vstr insultt16; echo =You got REAL ugly!="

set insultt16 "set say Come get some!; set prv_insult vstr insultt15; set nxt_insult vstr insultt17; echo =Come get some!="

set insultt17 "set say Son of A....; set prv_insult vstr insultt16; set nxt_insult vstr insultt18; echo =Son of A....="

set insultt18 "set say Whats my name BITCH!?; set prv_insult vstr insultt17; set nxt_insult vstr insultt19; echo =Whats my name BITCH!?="

set insultt19 "set say I love the smell of Napalm in the morning, Smells like victory.; set prv_insult vstr insultt18; set nxt_insult vstr insultt20; echo = love the smell of Napalm in the morning, Smells like victory.="

set insultt20 "set say Who's your daddy?; set prv_insult vstr insultt19; set nxt_insult vstr insultt0; echo =Who's your daddy?="

set say "vstr insultt0"

set prv_insult "vstr insultt20"

set nxt_insult "vstr insultt1"

//******************************************************************************************************

The taunts are from http://www.planetquake.com/thebind/ I thought they were hilarious so i decided to use them.

fuck! that's what I'm using (a little edited), shit! time to think of good quotes...again....

and do things like

bind key say "message here"

if you want a specific message-key bind

or just a whole bunch of messages to one key

// Message Taunt

set text-1 "say here; bind key vstr text-2"

set text-2 "say here; bind key vstr text-3"

set text-3 "say here; bind key vstr text-4"

set text-4 "say here; bind key vstr text-5"

set text-5 "say here; bind key vstr text-7"

set text-6 "say here; bind key vstr text-8"

set text-7 "say here; bind key vstr text-8"

set text-8 "say here; bind key vstr text-1"

bind key "vstr text-1"

Maybe you guys can help me out. I'm trying these multiple toggle binds too. The examples you guys have given are working great.

I'm making 3 separate scripts to toggle sabercolor, names, & models. And then I'm going to create individual binds for characters that will set a specific name, model, & sabercolor for each character. Maybe I'll have each one say/type a taunt as well when they spawn, should be fun.

I seem to be able to create the scripts just fine with the examples you all posted. But what I really need is a complete list of playable models, including all the hidden ones for MP. I can't remember where to find it in the game files & I can't find a link to a complete list.

If you guys can point me in the right direction it would be great!

Archived