Home

SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)

JaraDaj

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by remark 666

awesome Sith, I wonder what's next, I think Jk2 has been scripted out :rolleyes:

No way man, Quake 3 has been around for years and there are still people coming up with scripts that are useful for that. Keep in mind that there will be all sorts of mods for JK2 released over the years, somebody's got to write scripts for those mods too. You never know when you'll be playing a game and think to yourself "I need to write a config for this stuff to save time". Ohh, speaking of which:

set gore1 "helpusobi 1; wait; g_saberRealisticCombat 1; wait; echo Dismemberment is at ^4minimal^7 levels; set gore vstr gore2"
set gore2 "helpusobi 1; wait; g_saberRealisticCombat 3; wait; echo Dismemberment is at ^2medium^7 levels; set gore vstr gore3"
set gore3 "helpusobi 1; wait; g_saberRealisticCombat 5; wait; echo Dismemberment is at ^1maximum^7 levels; set gore vstr gore1"
set gore "vstr gore1"

bind <key> "vstr gore"

This is a single player script for setting dismemberment levels.

Originally posted by Lizzano

I wanted a bind for taunts from different skins. So my model wouldn't need to be changed to say another taunt. Of some reason though it's only I who hear it! Here's the bind I did:

bind x "model morgan; engage_duel; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; model rebel/blue"

So supposedly this would make my rebel say *May The force be with you* and remain a blue rebel. But it's only I who hear and not my opponents...Anyone know a working better way to do this? Thanks!

So this where you get them eh liz? tsk tsk, you know we don't like scripts anymore...

Happy Trails//

Keeper

Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ

This script could well be the most annoying in the world

If you would have read through all of this sections you would have come across the fact that this is the type of script we DID NOT want posted here. We want to help people out, not give some 12yr old the power to fubar all of our servers up.

This is a very easy script to write, if you know how, but those of us that do refused to post one or to help any who wanted one. Next time make a post that is more constructive....this is why scripts are given a bad rap. Thanks for nothing.

:mob::swear::lsduel::lightning

This script could well be the most annoying in the world, it causes severe lag and pisses everyone off.

You're probably the same nut that goes around the internet posting "How to build your own pipe bomb" then starts with saying "this is for informational purposes only."

Yeah. Gotcha.

Idiot.

---------------------

Hey! My First Flame!

SkinWalker

Well since i started reading this thread about a month ago, i've seen just about every kind of script under the sun.

I've used this script on a server exactly once, and that was to see the result of lag. It looks great, and in other Quake 3 engine games (ie one which doesn't notify everyone when people change their name) it wouldn't be a noticable flood. I posted this here because everyone who has replied has either been against scripting altogether or use them sensibly, I reasoned that there wouldn't be much harm in posting it.

When I did test the script, I got lagged out of the game and disconnected before it even reached the 6th line, nobody else on the server noticed any increase in lag.

From what I can tell this thread is to discuss what can be accomplished through scripting, after all we've had admin-scripts, attack scripts, model-changing scripts (Incidently, changing models causes more lag than changing name), so why not a simple animation script?

As a programmer I like to see the end result, if its not practical in reality, as with the script I posted, so be it. But this does not make me a "12 year old, newbie script abuser".

Besides this script took considerably more time to make than the REAL annoying people who have scripts along the lines of:

say "CHEATER CHEATER; wait 5"

repeated 50 times.

I mean come on people, I get flamed for a simple script like this yet, the ENTIRE FIRST 4 pages of this thread was full of scripts infinitely more annoying.

But seriously, a flooding script is more likely to lag the flooder off the server than anyone else.

However, since from my experience of reading just about every controversial thread on these forums have told me that nobody will ever successfully justify themselves once the flames have started, i'll just edit out the script.

Originally posted by SkinWalker

Idiot.

---------------------

Hey! My First Flame!

I was going to say good point until I saw those last lines... Really it seems to me like the only reason people hang around these forums is because they are waiting for the opportunity to insult somebody.

FYI, an Idiot is technically someone with a mental age below 3, the fact that i'm even writing this on a computer indicates I must at least to be able to form sentences and approximated spelling.

I guess I should post something constructive in a futile attempt to redeem myself. Here is my script setup for CTF.

Firstly I have my main keys, notice that my pressin F8 it will refresh my config:

// Created by DeTRiTiC-iQ

// Setup

unbindall
seta name "[JA]-^3DeTRiTiC^7-^3iQ"
cg_hudFiles 1
cg_saberTrail 0
cg_speedTrail 0
cg_drawtimer 1
cg_fov 97

// Force Powers

bind E "force_pull"
bind 2 "force_seeing"
bind V "force_healother"
bind Q "force_throw"
bind R "force_absorb"
bind SHIFT "force_speed"

// Player Movement

bind W "+forward"
bind S "+back"
bind A "+moveleft"
bind C "+movedown"
bind D "+moveright
bind SPACE "+moveup"
bind LEFTARROW "+left"
bind RIGHTARROW "+right"

// Weapons and Attacks

bind - "weapon 0"
bind 1 "weapon 1"
bind 3 "weapon 6"
bind 4 "weapon 8"
bind 5 "weapon 9"
bind MWHEELUP "weapprev"
bind MWHEELDOWN "weapnext"
bind MOUSE1 "+attack"
bind MOUSE2 "+altattack"
bind MOUSE3 "saberAttackCycle"

// Item Usage

bind F "use_bacta"
bind [ "invprev"
bind ] "invnext"
bind ENTER "+button2"
bind ALT "+use"

// Normal Communications

bind T "messagemode"
bind Y "messagemode2"
bind U "messagemode3"
bind I "messagemode4"

// Misc

bind TAB "+scores"
bind K "engage_duel"
bind Z "+taunt"
bind INS "scoresUp"
bind DEL "scoresDown"
bind ` "toggleconsole"
bind F12 "screenshot"
bind F6 "g_synchronousclients 1; record; g_synchronousclients 0"
bind F7 "stop"
bind F8 "exec keys.cfg"
bind KP_ENTER "Kill"
bind KP_INS "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^2MESSAGE RECEIVED, MOVING INTO POSITION"

// Bot Pathing

bind F9 "bot_wp_add"
bind F10 "bot_wp_rem"
bind F11 "bot_wp_save"

// CTF Communications

bind HOME "exec carrier.cfg"
bind PGUP "exec attack.cfg"
bind INS "exec defense.cfg"

Then we have the 3 CTF-specific scripts, these just modify the numpad keys depending on my current situation

So firstly carrier.cfg:

unbind KP_STAR
unbind KP_MINUS
unbind KP_HOME
unbind KP_UPARROW
unbind KP_PGUP
unbind KP_LEFTARROW
unbind KP_5
unbind KP_RIGHTARROW
unbind KP_END
unbind KP_DOWNARROW
unbind KP_PGDN
unbind KP_PLUS
unbind KP_DEL
bind KP_SLASH "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^5 I NEED URGENT COVER"
bind KP_STAR "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^1 I NEED URGENT HEALING"
bind KP_MINUS "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^2 I NEED AN URGENT MANA BOOST"
bind KP_HOME "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^2FRIENDLY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^1ENEMY LEFT ROUTE"
bind KP_UPARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^2FRIENDLY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^1ENEMY BASE"
bind KP_PGUP "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^2FRIENDLY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^1ENEMY RIGHT ROUTE"
bind KP_LEFTARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^2FRIENDLY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^5UPPER ROUTE"
bind KP_5 "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^2FRIENDLY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^5MIDDLE ROUTE"
bind KP_RIGHTARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^2FRIENDLY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^5LOWER ROUTE"
bind KP_END "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^2FRIENDLY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^2HOME LEFT ROUTE"
bind KP_DOWNARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^2FRIENDLY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^2HOME BASE"
bind KP_PGDN "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^2FRIENDLY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^2HOME RIGHT ROUTE"
bind KP_DEL "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> I am now ^5CARRYING THE FLAG"
bind KP_PLUS "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^2I AM ABOUT TO ENTER OUR BASE WITH THE FLAG"

Now defence.cfg:

unbind KP_SLASH
unbind KP_STAR
unbind KP_MINUS
unbind KP_HOME
unbind KP_UPARROW
unbind KP_PGUP
unbind KP_LEFTARROW
unbind KP_5
unbind KP_RIGHTARROW
unbind KP_END
unbind KP_DOWNARROW
unbind KP_PGDN
unbind KP_PLUS
unbind KP_DEL
bind KP_SLASH "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ENEMY PLAYERS ARE IN OUR BASE"
bind KP_STAR "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ENEMY PLAYERS ARE IN OUR BASE: ^1USE FORCE SEEING"
bind KP_MINUS "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^1OUR BASE IS OVERRUN BY THE ENEMY: HELP NEEDED"
bind KP_UPARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> INCOMING ENEMY FORCES FROM THE ^2TOP ROUTE"
bind KP_LEFTARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> INCOMING ENEMY FORCES FROM THE ^2LEFT ROUTE"
bind KP_5 "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> INCOMING ENEMY FORCES FROM THE ^2MIDDLE ROUTE"
bind KP_RIGHTARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> INCOMING ENEMY FORCES FROM THE ^2RIGHT ROUTE"
bind KP_DOWNARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> INCOMING ENEMY FORCES FROM THE ^2BOTTOM ROUTE"
bind KP_DEL "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> I am now playing on ^5DEFENSE"
bind KP_PLUS "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^1THE ENEMY CARRIER HAS ESCAPED THE BASE, GIVE CHASE IMMEDIATELY"code]

And finally attack.cfg:

[code]unbind KP_SLASH
unbind KP_STAR
unbind KP_MINUS
unbind KP_HOME
unbind KP_UPARROW
unbind KP_PGUP
unbind KP_LEFTARROW
unbind KP_5
unbind KP_RIGHTARROW
unbind KP_END
unbind KP_DOWNARROW
unbind KP_PGDN
unbind KP_PLUS
unbind KP_DEL
bind KP_SLASH "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^5 I NEED MORE PLAYERS ON ATTACK"
bind KP_STAR "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^1 I NEED HELP PENETRATING ENEMY DEFENSE"
bind KP_MINUS "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^2 I WILL PROVIDE COVER FIRE, SOMEONE ELSE GO FOR THE FLAG"
bind KP_HOME "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^1ENEMY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^1ENEMY LEFT ROUTE"
bind KP_UPARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^1ENEMY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^1ENEMY BASE"
bind KP_PGUP "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^1ENEMY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^1ENEMY RIGHT ROUTE"
bind KP_LEFTARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^1ENEMY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^5UPPER ROUTE"
bind KP_5 "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^1ENEMY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^5MIDDLE ROUTE"
bind KP_RIGHTARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^1ENEMY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^5LOWER ROUTE"
bind KP_END "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^1ENEMY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^2HOME LEFT ROUTE"
bind KP_DOWNARROW "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^1ENEMY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^2HOME BASE"
bind KP_PGDN "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> The ^1ENEMY FLAG CARRIER^7 is in ^2HOME RIGHT ROUTE"
bind KP_DEL "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> I am now playing on ^5ATTACK/RECOVERY"
bind KP_PLUS "say_team ^3TEAM MESSAGE ^7>> ^1THE ENEMY TEAM ARE ABOUT TO SCORE, GET THEIR FLAG FAST"

Feel free to use this model, after all we do need more teamwork on the public servers. I would appreciate it if you changed the format of the messages though, since these are our clan-comms.

DeTRiTiC-iQ,

I didn't think posting that names script was bad. You did mention that it can lag & that you use it when the scores show up between games. I think that's fair warning enough.

I think it depends on the server speed whether or not the server will lag. I've seen people use these type of scripts many times & I've never seen a problem with it. I can see how it would be a problem on slower servers though.

I thought about doing something similar, but it seemed like too much work. I did make a script that toggled models without knowing how it would affect servers too. I learned pretty quick though, lol.

Have you noticed that on JediMod, when you activate dual/double-bladed lightsaber it switches your stance?

Well, this little script will activate/deactive dual/double-bladed lightsaber and cycle back the to stance you were in.

If you have all 5 stances:

set 2saber "twosaber; wait 2; saberAttackcycle; wait 2; saberAttackcycle; wait 2; saberAttackcycle; wait 2; saberAttackcycle;"
set 2blade "thedestroyer; wait 2; saberAttackcycle; wait 2; saberAttackcycle; wait 2; saberAttackcycle; wait 2; saberAttackcycle;"
bind X vstr "2saber"
bind X vstr "2blade"

If you only have the orange and purple stances:

set 2saber "twosaber; wait 2; saberAttackcycle;" 
set 2blade "thedestroyer; wait 2; saberAttackcycle;"
bind X vstr "2saber"
bind X vstr "2blade"

I figured it out, cool man. It sets the delay time b4 the camera follows you. Setting it to 0 makes the camera stay in one fixed place while you run around until the camera loses line of sight, then it resets to a new position where it can see you again, as in the Tomb Raider games. Anything between 0 & 1 will allow the camera to follow after a certain distance or time delay. 1 must be the default, or at least that's where I'm going to leave it from now on.

Very cool Egg!

If I remember correctly, the default is 0.4.

I think "damp" means dampening, i.e. how smooth the camera moves.

There's also the command "cg_thirdpersonplayerdamp" or something that determines how smooth the player is rendered or whatever. Not sure.

Archived