Home

SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)

JaraDaj

Originally posted by remark 666

damn, that was the whole point, to have Prev, Exec, Next and QPick working...ohh well, thanks for trying :)

LOL. Well it will, sort of. You can still have the previous function there, but remember that the next & previous buttons shift all other options off by one in either direction. So if you're pressing the previous button, the model that the Qpick button would execute goes backwards as well. In order to execute the next previous model without seeing the name first you would need a second Qpick button. It would be very easy to add in a previous function, or both the previous function & the second QPick for the other direction.

I think it's easier to just use the next/previous/execute script myself, but it's always fun trying to figure this stuff out. If you still want to see how it would look with the previous function, or with the previous & 2nd Qpick functions, let me know.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Kurgan

Hey guys, if nobody minds, I'm going to stick this thread up here with the rest, since its something that people would probably like to reference.

Please keep flaming down to an absolute minimum (ie: don't flame) and we can keep it there.

; )

Hey, thanks for making this thread sticky. There's a lot of great stuff in here for sure.

how about you delet the flames in here ? the thread would load up faster OR even better, make one of us moderator of this section :) (I don't care who it is as long as it's ToppDog, Nemo X, me or Sith Maximus).

TD, try adding a Prev button, I want to see how it is ingame, maybe it's not that bad...

First of all, thanks Kurgan for making this a sticky, I believe this thread deserves to be stuck. I agree with remark 666 there are a lot of flames in here that need to be deleted(Especially those Essay Flames). Now to my question, Here is the script I am trying to get to work:

bind F7 "vstr ForceSelect"

bind F6 "vstr nxt_Force"

bind F8 "vstr prv_Force"

set Force1 "set ForceSelect forcepowers "10-2-040400440000040444"; set prv_Force vstr Force2; set nxt_Force vstr Force2; echo =Dark Force Powers="

set Force2 "set ForceSelect forcepowers "10-1-440400000000000444"; set prv_Force vstr Force1; set nxt_Force vstr Force1; echo =Light Force Powers="

set ForceSelect "vstr Force1"

set nxt_Force "vstr Force2"

set prv_Force "vstr Force2"

The problem I am having is I do not know what command is used to execute the particular Force settings, I can scroll through them fine but they don't execute. I am using this for ForceMod by the way.

Hey Remark,

When I get home from work tonight I'll post both versions for you to try; one with the previous, & one with both previous & the second Qpick.

Hey NemoX,

Does Forcemod allow you to change forcepowers on the fly or do you still have to respawn first? By the way, it was nice fighting you the other night.

I use this in all of my Quake 3 based games. Its great for RTCW as well, just replace the word flag with "objective". It uses the keypad keys. Home starts the script and then just follow the onscreen echo directions from there. This script is nice because you can change from attacking to defending orders very quickly without exec another cfg file and its small enough to be in a single cfg.

////////////////////////////Text Colors

// ^0 = Black

// ^1 = Red

// ^2 = Green

// ^3 = Yellow

// ^4 = Blue

// ^5 = Cyan

// ^6 = Magenta

// ^7 = White

//LINE-1//Press KP7 to start script

set start-reset "vstr start-text; vstr start-keys"

bind KP_HOME "vstr start-reset"

//LINE-2//Start script text

set start-text "echo [^1PRESS ^6KP8 ^1TO ^1CANCEL : ^1PRESS ^6KP9 ^1FOR ^6DEFENCE; echo ^1PRESS ^6KP4 ^1FOR ^6OFFENCE : ^1PRESS ^6KP5 ^1FOR ^6INCOMING; echo ^1PRESS ^6KP6 ^1FOR ^6NEEDS^7]"

//LINE-3//Start keys

set start-keys "bind KP_UPARROW vstr cancel; bind KP_PGUP vstr talk-a0; bind KP_LEFTARROW vstr talk-b0; bind KP_5 vstr talk-c0; bind KP_RIGHTARROW vstr talk-d0"

//Cancel

set cancel "echo [^6ORDERS ^6TEXT ^6RESET^7]; vstr start-text; vstr start-keys"

//Repeat orders text

set repeat-1 "vstr orders-text-1"

set repeat-2 "vstr orders-text-2"

set repeat-3 "vstr orders-text-3"

set repeat-4 "vstr orders-text-4"

//LINE-4//Echo orders text

set orders-text-1 "echo [^6KP8^3=^1CANCEL ^6KP9^3=^1ON ^1DEFENSE ^6KP4^3=^1GUARDING ^1OBJECTIVE; echo ^6KP5^3=^1QBJECTIVE ^1SAFE ^6^6KP6^3=^1PURSUING ^1ENEMY; echo ^6KP1^3=^1RETURNING OBJECTIVE^7]"

set orders-text-2 "echo [^6KP8^3=^1CANCEL ^6KP9^3=^1OBJECTIVE ^6KP4^3=^1ATTACKING; echo ^6KP5^3=^1THROUGH ^1DEFENCES ^KP6^3V=^1OBJ ^1IN ^1SIGHT; echo ^6KP1^3=OBJECTIVE ^1RETRIEVED^7]"

set orders-text-3 "echo [^6KP8^3=^1CANCEL ^6KP9^3=^1LEFT ^6KP4^3=^1RIGHT; echo ^6KP5^3=^1ABOVE ^6KP6^3=^1BELOW ^6KP1^3=^1FLANK^7]"

set orders-text-4 "echo [^6KP8^3=^1CANCEL ^6KP9^3=^1HELP ^6KP4^3=^1AMMO ^6KP5^3=^1COVER; echo ^6KP6^3=^1ENEMY ^1HAS ^1OBJECTIVE; echo ^6KP1^3=^1OBJECTIVE ^1UNDER ^1ATTACK^7]"

//LINE-5//Defence

set talk-a0 "bind KP_UPARROW vstr cancel; bind KP_PGUP vstr repeat-1; bind KP_LEFTARROW vstr talk-a-a; bind KP_5 vstr talk-a-b; bind KP_RIGHTARROW vstr talk-a-c; bind KP_END vstr talk-a-d; bind KP_DOWNARROW vstr talk-a-e; vstr orders-text-1"

set talk-a-a "say_team ^6<<--^1ON ^1DEFENCE!"

set talk-a-b "say_team ^6<<--^1GUARDING ^1FLAG!"

set talk-a-c "say_team ^6<<--^1OBJECTIVE ^1SAFE!"

set talk-a-d "say_team ^6<<--^1PURSUING ^1ENEMY ^1FLAG ^1CARRIER!"

set talk-a-e "say_team ^6<<--^1RETURNING ^1TO ^1GUARD ^1FLAG!"

//LINE-6//Offence

set talk-b0 "bind KP_UPARROW vstr cancel; bind KP_PGUP vstr repeat-2; bind KP_LEFTARROW vstr talk-b-a; bind KP_5 vstr talk-b-b; bind KP_RIGHTARROW vstr talk-b-c; bind KP_END vstr talk-b-d; bind bind KP_DOWNARROW vstr talk-b-e; vstr orders-text-2"

set talk-b-a "say_team ^6<<--^1GOING ^1FOR ^1FLAG!"

set talk-b-b "say_team ^6<<--^1ATTACKING ^1ENEMY!"

set talk-b-c "say_team ^6<<--^1THROUGH ^1ENEMY ^1DEFENCES!"

set talk-b-d "say_team ^6<<--^1FLAG ^1IN ^1SIGHT!"

set talk-b-e "say_team ^6<<--^1FLAG ^1STOLEN!"

//LINE-7//Incoming

set talk-c0 "bind KP_UPARROW vstr cancel; bind KP_PGUP vstr repeat-3; bind KP_LEFTARROW vstr talk-c-a; bind KP_5 vstr talk-c-b; bind KP_RIGHTARROW vstr talk-c-c; bind KP_END vstr talk-c-d; bind bind KP_DOWNARROW vstr talk-c-e; vstr orders-text-3"

set talk-c-a "say_team ^6<<--^1INCOMING ^1ENEMY ^1LEFT!"

set talk-c-b "say_team ^6<<--^1INCOMING ^1ENEMY ^1RIGHT"

set talk-c-c "say_team ^6<<--^1INCOMING ^1ENEMY ^1ABOVE"

set talk-c-d "say_team ^6<<--^1INCOMING ^1ENEMY ^1BELOW!"

set talk-c-e "say_team ^6<<--^1INCOMING ^1ENEMY ^1AT ^1FLANK!"

//LINE-8//Need

set talk-d0 "bind KP_UPARROW VSTR CANCEL; BIND KP_PGUP vstr repeat-4; bind KP_LEFTARROW vstr talk-d-a; bind KP_5 vstr talk-d-b; bind KP_RIGHTARROW vstr talk-d-c; bind KP_END vstr talk-d-d; bind bind KP_DOWNARROW vstr talk-d-e; vstr orders-text-4"

set talk-d-a "say_team ^6<<--^1UNDER ^1ATTACK ^1NEED ^1HELP!"

set talk-d-b "say_team ^6<<--^1NEED ^1AMMUNITION!"

set talk-d-c "say_team ^6<<--^1HAVE ^1FLAG...^1COVER ^1ME ^6NOW!"

set talk-d-d "say_team ^6<<--^1ENEMY ^1HAS ^1FLAG...^1NEED ^1ASSISTANCE!"

set talk-d-e "say_team ^6<<--^1DEFEND ^1THE ^1FLAG!"

Originally posted by NemoX

Now to my question, Here is the script I am trying to get to work:

bind F7 "vstr ForceSelect"

bind F6 "vstr nxt_Force"

bind F8 "vstr prv_Force"

set Force1 "set ForceSelect forcepowers "10-2-040400440000040444"; set prv_Force vstr Force2; set nxt_Force vstr Force2; echo =Dark Force Powers="

set Force2 "set ForceSelect forcepowers "10-1-440400000000000444"; set prv_Force vstr Force1; set nxt_Force vstr Force1; echo =Light Force Powers="

set ForceSelect "vstr Force1"

set nxt_Force "vstr Force2"

set prv_Force "vstr Force2"

The problem I am having is I do not know what command is used to execute the particular Force settings, I can scroll through them fine but they don't execute. I am using this for ForceMod by the way.

NemoX, the solution to your problem is very simple: Delete the line "set ForceSelect "vstr Force1"". That's all.

// JediMod Taunts

bind n "vstr prv_taunt"

bind m "vstr nxt_taunt"

bind b "vstr set_taunt"

// Cycles 1-31

set taunt_01 "set set_taunt sit; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_31; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_02; echo =Sit="

set taunt_02 "set set_taunt stand; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_01; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_03; echo =Stand="

set taunt_03 "set set_taunt kiss; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_02; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_04; echo =Kiss="

set taunt_04 "set set_taunt secretissafewithus; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_03; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_05; echo =secretissafewithus="

set taunt_05 "set set_taunt draw; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_04; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_06; echo =Draw="

set taunt_06 "set set_taunt nod; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_05; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_07; echo =Nod="

set taunt_07 "set set_taunt shake; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_06; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_08; echo =Shake="

set taunt_08 "set set_taunt super; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_07; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_09; echo =Super="

set taunt_09 "set set_taunt thumbsdown; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_08; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_10; echo =Thumbsdown="

set taunt_10 "set set_taunt looks; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_09; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_11; echo =Looks="

set taunt_11 "set set_taunt flip; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_10; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_12; echo =Flip="

set taunt_12 "set set_taunt dest; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_11; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_13; echo =Dest="

set taunt_13 "set set_taunt ****y; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_12; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_14; echo =****y="

set taunt_14 "set set_taunt jedi; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_13; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_15; echo =Jedi="

set taunt_15 "set set_taunt way; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_14; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_16; echo =Way="

set taunt_16 "set set_taunt scratch; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_15; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_17; echo =Scratch="

set taunt_17 "set set_taunt dunno; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_16; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_18; echo =Dunno="

set taunt_18 "set set_taunt power; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_17; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_19; echo =Power="

set taunt_19 "set set_taunt barf; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_18; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_20; echo =Barf="

set taunt_20 "set set_taunt throw1; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_19; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_21; echo =Throw1="

set taunt_21 "set set_taunt throw2; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_20; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_22; echo =Throw2="

set taunt_22 "set set_taunt throw3; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_21; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_23; echo =Throw3="

set taunt_23 "set set_taunt adjust; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_22; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_24; echo =Adjust="

set taunt_24 "set set_taunt beg; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_23; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_25; echo =Beg="

set taunt_25 "set set_taunt kneel; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_24; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_26; echo =Kneel="

set taunt_26 "set set_taunt punch; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_25; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_27; echo =Punch="

set taunt_27 "set set_taunt slap; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_26; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_28; echo =Slap="

set taunt_28 "set set_taunt sleep; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_27; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_29; echo =Sleep="

set taunt_29 "set set_taunt spintaunt; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_28; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_30; echo =Spin Taunt="

set taunt_30 "set set_taunt bounce; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_29; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_31; echo =Bounce="

set taunt_31 "set set_taunt breakdance; set prv_taunt vstr taunt_30; set nxt_taunt vstr taunt_01; echo =Breakdance="

// set Assignments

set set_taunt "vstr taunt01"

set prv_taunt "vstr taunt_31"

set nxt_taunt "vstr taunt_02"

=not made by me=

Originally posted by ToppDog

Hey Remark,

When I get home from work tonight I'll post both versions for you to try; one with the previous, & one with both previous & the second Qpick.

Hey NemoX,

Does Forcemod allow you to change forcepowers on the fly or do you still have to respawn first? By the way, it was nice fighting you the other night.

Hey ToppDog,

Unfortunately, you still have respawn, since I only use forcemod when playing with my friends and I am the admin I just restart the level for the settings to take effect. It was fun fighting you as well, I just wish I could have stayed on longer.

Remark,

Here ya go bud. The first one is with the previous function only added, & the second one is with the previous & Qpickprevious functions both added. Just remember not to test them at the same time or with other similar versions, or the parts that have the same names will conflict & make them not work.

set previous-model "vstr model-3"

set execute-model "vstr model-1"

set next-model "vstr model-2"

set Qpick-model "vstr model-2"

set model-1 "set execute-model model reborn; set next-model vstr model-2; set previous-model vstr model-7; set Qpick-model model reborn/blue; echo reborn"

set model-2 "set execute-model model reborn/blue; set next-model vstr model-3; set previous-model vstr model-1; set Qpick-model model reborn/red; echo reborn/blue"

set model-3 "set execute-model model reborn/red; set next-model vstr model-4; set previous-model vstr model-2; set Qpick-model model reborn/acrobat; echo reborn/red"

set model-4 "set execute-model model reborn/acrobat; set next-model vstr model-5; set previous-model vstr model-3; set Qpick-model model reborn/boss; echo reborn/acrobat"

set model-5 "set execute-model model reborn/boss; set next-model vstr model-6; set previous-model vstr model-4; set Qpick-model model reborn/fencer; echo reborn/boss"

set model-6 "set execute-model model reborn/fencer; set next-model vstr model-7; set previous-model vstr model-5; set Qpick-model model reborn/forceuser; echo reborn/fencer"

set model-7 "set execute-model model reborn/forceuser; set next-model vstr model-1; set previous-model vstr model-6; set Qpick-model model reborn; echo reborn/forceuser"

bind 3 vstr previous-model

bind 4 vstr execute-model

bind 5 vstr next-model

bind 6 vstr Qpick-model

set Qpickprevious-model "vstr model-3"

set previous-model "vstr model-3"

set execute-model "vstr model-1"

set next-model "vstr model-2"

set Qpicknexy-model "vstr model-2"

set model-1 "set execute-model model reborn; set next-model vstr model-2; set previous-model vstr model-7; set Qpicknext-model model reborn/blue; set Qpickprevious-model model reborn/forceuser; echo reborn"

set model-2 "set execute-model model reborn/blue; set next-model vstr model-3; set previous-model vstr model-1; set Qpicknext-model model reborn/red; set Qpickprevious-model model reborn; echo reborn/blue"

set model-3 "set execute-model model reborn/red; set next-model vstr model-4; set previous-model vstr model-2; set Qpicknext-model model reborn/acrobat; set Qpickprevious-model model reborn/blue; echo reborn/red"

set model-4 "set execute-model model reborn/acrobat; set next-model vstr model-5; set previous-model vstr model-3; set Qpicknext-model model reborn/boss; set Qpickprevious-model model reborn/red; echo reborn/acrobat"

set model-5 "set execute-model model reborn/boss; set next-model vstr model-6; set previous-model vstr model-4; set Qpicknext-model model reborn/fencer; set Qpickprevious-model model reborn/acrobat; echo reborn/boss"

set model-6 "set execute-model model reborn/fencer; set next-model vstr model-7; set previous-model vstr model-5; set Qpicknext-model model reborn/forceuser; set Qpickprevious-model model reborn/boss; echo reborn/fencer"

set model-7 "set execute-model model reborn/forceuser; set next-model vstr model-1; set previous-model vstr model-6; set Qpicknext-model model reborn; set Qpickprevious-model model reborn/fencer; echo reborn/forceuser"

bind 6 vstr Qpickprevious-model

bind 7 vstr previous-model

bind 8 vstr execute-model

bind 9 vstr next-model

bind 0 vstr Qpicknext-model

After testing these I had an idea.

Basically the Qpick buttons you wanted are just execute buttons in a slightly different order, right? They work how you wanted, meaning they will execute the next model in line without you having to display the name first. But if you continue to press the Qpick button in one direction, it doesn't keep on changing the model to the next one in line.

That's what gave me the idea; Why not just make the Qpick functions toggle functions instead? They would still execute the next or previous models in line without displaying the names first, like you wanted, but with the added ability to keep on going.

Combining the formats of the next/previous toggle script & the next/previous/select model script would make this work nicely. It would still be five keys though.

Maybe this is sort of what you wanted all along but just didn't know how to word it. Not sure.

i tried many thing

First i tried to make it like the blue lunge script,simple:

\bind x "+forward;+moveup;+moveup"

and i still had to double tap the key i bound,yet it prooven to give a more precise kick since it tap faster than jump(maybe it tap jump too fast ... don't know)

then i tried this

\bind x "+foward; wait; +moveup; wait; +moveup"

same result as first

then

\bind x "+forward;+moveup;-moveup;+moveup;-moveup"

it only run forward

\bind x "+forward; wait; +moveup; wait; -moveup; wait; +moveup; wait; -moveup"

walked forward only

and then i tried the first scrip from JaraDaj without the wait commands:

set "fkick" "+forward; +moveup; -moveup; +moveup; -moveup; -forward"

bind X "vstr fkick"

didnt work,

that all,Thanks

first of all i gotta point out there are adavantages and disadvantages to a scripted kick. With a script, you can kick suddenly and without warning, and you can do it extremely fast and without leaving the ground. However, it will lack control as it'll be the same every time, it has small range, and its one of the easiest script to pick out.

Nemox's script should work, though you may have to vary the number of waits in the middle. the reason your scripts won't work is that no time elapsed between your 2 scripted jumps, thus it wont work.

Ok i want that script for one reason:Im playing Saber Only CTF,So chasing a carrier require an Extremely fast kick so i can kick em off the bridge,But as for the rest i use normal kick such as pulling from far distance then kick or Strafe then kick back

Thx NemoX for the script Thx remark 666 for helpin

Remark,

You're gonna love this one dude! I went back & read your original question on this whole random/Qpick thing, & what you were asking for WAS basically a toggle function.

I wrote this one with next/previous/execute functions plus next & previous toggle functions. They are all linked so that pressing any of the next/previous buttons or next/previous toggle buttons will shift all other buttons to their next proper function. If you only want the toggle function to work in one (next) direction, just delete all the stuff related to previous toggle functions. That will bring it down to 4 buttons.

Here's the basic idea for anyone else that wants to use this script:

1. Pressing NextModel or PreviousModel will scroll through & display the names of the models to choose from in either direction without actually changing the model yet.

2. Pressing ExecuteModel will execute the model chosen by scrolling through the displayed names.

3. Pressing ToggleNextModel or TogglePreviousModel will bypass the name scrolling & execute the next model in either direction, & the name of the model executed will be displayed.

note: Pressing & holding down the toggle buttons will cause serious lag problems for you while connected to servers, so it is recommended that you just press & change models one at a time while using the toggle buttons.

Here goes:

set PreviousModel "vstr model-3"

set ExecuteModel "vstr model-1"

set NextModel "vstr model-2"

set model-1 "set ExecuteModel model reborn; set PreviousModel vstr model-7; set NextModel vstr model-2; set TogglePreviousModel vstr prev-model-7; set ToggleNextModel vstr next-model-2; echo reborn"

set model-2 "set ExecuteModel model reborn/blue; set PreviousModel vstr model-1; set NextModel vstr model-3; set TogglePreviousModel vstr prev-model-1; set ToggleNextModel vstr next-model-3; echo reborn/blue"

set model-3 "set ExecuteModel model reborn/red; set PreviousModel vstr model-2; set NextModel vstr model-4; set TogglePreviousModel vstr prev-model-2; set ToggleNextModel vstr next-model-4; echo reborn/red"

set model-4 "set ExecuteModel model reborn/acrobat; set PreviousModel vstr model-3; set NextModel vstr model-5; set TogglePreviousModel vstr prev-model-3; set ToggleNextModel vstr next-model-5; echo reborn/acrobat"

set model-5 "set ExecuteModel model reborn/boss; set PreviousModel vstr model-4; set NextModel vstr model-6; set TogglePreviousModel vstr prev-model-4; set ToggleNextModel vstr next-model-6; echo reborn/boss"

set model-6 "set ExecuteModel model reborn/fencer; set PreviousModel vstr model-5; set NextModel vstr model-7; set TogglePreviousModel vstr prev-model-5; set ToggleNextModel vstr next-model-7; echo reborn/fencer"

set model-7 "set ExecuteModel model reborn/forceuser; set PreviousModel vstr model-6; set NextModel vstr model-1; set TogglePreviousModel vstr prev-model-6; set ToggleNextModel vstr next-model-1; echo reborn/forceuser"

set prev-model-1 "model reborn; vstr model-1"

set prev-model-2 "model reborn/blue; vstr model-2"

set prev-model-3 "model reborn/red; vstr model-3"

set prev-model-4 "model reborn/acrobat; vstr model-4"

set prev-model-5 "model reborn/boss; vstr model-5"

set prev-model-6 "model reborn/fencer; vstr model-6"

set prev-model-7 "model reborn/forceuser; vstr model-7"

set next-model-1 "model reborn; vstr model-1"

set next-model-2 "model reborn/blue; vstr model-2"

set next-model-3 "model reborn/red; vstr model-3"

set next-model-4 "model reborn/acrobat; vstr model-4"

set next-model-5 "model reborn/boss; vstr model-5"

set next-model-6 "model reborn/fencer; vstr model-6"

set next-model-7 "model reborn/forceuser; vstr model-7"

bind 2 vstr TogglePreviousModel

bind 3 vstr PreviousModel

bind 4 vstr ExecuteModel

bind 5 vstr NextModel

bind 6 vstr ToggleNextModel

I was wondering is there a script for drawing out your saber in a smooth cool way. I just want to have a different way of bringing out the saber. I like the old fashion way of playing a video game, by mastering the keys, but I just want to have a script to begin a duel. I am have seen some really neat moves before me and my opponents duel and I wanted to know how to do it by binding it to one key and then maybe I can edit my own way and have a unique move.

Thanks,

Mark (SpickDick)

:mad: PanterA!

I bet the answer to the question I am about to ask is probably simple but here it goes anyway:

I am trying to create a script for name changing, I have everything working except for a minor detail.

In the console when I type:

name "^3[CO] ^1NemoX", my name comes up properly, nothing gets cut off.

but when I try this:

bind F9 name "^3[CO] ^1NemoX", everything after [CO] gets cut off, my question is, how do I get the rest of it to show up, am I missing quotes somewhere with the bind statement?

This is all I have so far in my script:

bind F9 name "^3[CO] ^1NemoX"

bind F10 name "^3[CO] ^1N^3e^1m^3o^1X"

bind F11 name "^3[CO] ^1N^7e^1m^7o^1X"

I'll probably do a nxt, prv, select script once i get this to work properly.

I've heard that using a script with the term "set name" allows for spaces while a simple bind won't let you have spaces. Try writing a tiny script using "set name" in the command & see if that does it. If that doesn't work I'll ask the guy who told me about it & get back to you.

Archived