Home

MI2 Monkey Madness Sound on win2k

Vinic

As far as I know (ie I dont own monkey madness) it doesnt have the audio setup bit that the white label version does.

To hear sound you will need to have dos sound emulation active (assuming you have 98 98 or ME) and you might simply need to start it with a command line. See here for more info on things you can try and for starting with a command line (yes I'm too lazy to retype).

If you switched to XP ---- yes and no.

If you used LEC Quick and Easy then MI2 would work fine with sound however MI1 would probably develop the annoying "Cd audio sync problem". On the other hand this can be fixed by making a cd image of the monkey madness cd and mounting the image in daemon tools. You may not have the cd sync problem (so far I havent heard of anyone else having the problem with Q+E it may just be me).

So things would get both worse and better:rolleyes:

Computers eh? Dontya just love em?

• 2 weeks later...

I use a Dual-Boot of DOS/WinXP. I have a SBLive soundcard and use the (SBLive2SB16) hack to make it work as a SB16 under DOS. I have the Monkey Madness CD and it is up and running great under DOS. Although there is no setup program, there are command line options to select things. You may want to try Adlib sound. To use Adlib sound type:

monkey a

Archived