Home

Problem with Tags/Hierarchy

Toonces

I'm just about to start weighting my Sidious model (need to adjust him to the skel so I can tweak his robe), and I've ran into a little problem. I have two tags that arn't in spacermonkeys tut torso_inner, and torso_label. Where should they be linked?

My second question is about the hood, I assume it should be linked to the head? that would only make sence, but it also drapes over the torso and both arms

Just a tiny bit confused :D

CT :lightning

the heirarchy is a basic setup of what the meshes shoudl stick to , i woudl recommned link the hood with the head and then when you weight the verts make sure that you also include such bones as the thoracic and maybe the r and lclav.

not sure about those tags though i assume linking them to the torso wouldnt make anything explode or anyting. those are bolt_torso_inner etc. right?

Yeah, that's what I figured, I have the hood under head, thanks :D

The tags are just torso_inner, torso_label, no bolt before it, which is why I was thrown off. I have my hierarchy set up right, it's just thoes two tags dont seem to belong anywhere. I'll try linking them to the torso and see what happens. Like you said, it wont make the mesh explode :p

CT :lightning

Archived