Home

Throw Spamming

Zan Jaseen

Originally posted by visualTK

Well... there are better things to do than kick someone out because they're not playing the way you like. The best thing to do is to find a way to defend yourself against their tactics. Once you've got that they'll give up and try something else.

don't kick em for not playing how i like, hell i can beat em and everything.......but i warn them not to break the clan rules in the clan server and tell em where the rules are........after that they are fair game to be kicked if they aren't listening to me

Originally posted by Dea

First, no you can't block this with absorb. The problem is, the moment your character sticks his hand out to block a force push or pull he lowers his saber to do so, that's when you're vulnerable for a throw. He also sticks his hand out if you have absorb on, so you're vulnerable to this.

Second, it's eazy for you to say you play honest. What strikes me most about reading these forums is that people have different oppinions about honest fighting. In this thread there is a problem with people being on the defencive (and using throw a lot in doing so). Even though they probably believe they are honest fighters because they don't backstab and other things, and backstabbers on their turn probably believe they play honest aswell.

So what I think it boils down to is, Everybody has a different definition of fun. You can't enforce your definition upon others, but you can gather people around you that share your ideas. If everybody would do that and play together with this set of people on their 'own' set of servers then we wouldn't have to bitch at eachother.

Anyway, this is a far to idealistic idee to be ever realized.

hehehehehe, makes sense.......so true

i think that's partly what clans are for;)

Originally posted by Dea

So what I think it boils down to is, Everybody has a different definition of fun. You can't enforce your definition upon others, but you can gather people around you that share your ideas. If everybody would do that and play together with this set of people on their 'own' set of servers then we wouldn't have to bitch at eachother.

Anyway, this is a far to idealistic idee to be ever realized.

Agreed 100%

So what we really have here is a problem with people who play defencive only? From what I read here the problem would be exactly the same if someone where to not attack, and counter every attack on him with for example a blue lunge.
In a way, you are right.

BUT!!! The difference is, that if someone used the blue lunge instead the throw, he put himself at risk, because the blue lunge leaves you open for a counter attack. There are several ways to counter it. Also, a blue lunge is in itself an offensive move, you have to close in on your opponent while doing so. Also, if you can lure your opponent into performing a blue lunge you have the chance to sidestep and attack him.

Wheras a saber throw you can execute and at the same time move away from your opponent. The only risk you are put at is that you do not have your saber in your hand, a risk which can be overcome easily by stepping backwards.

As stated before, I would like it better if the thrower would have to put himself at risk when throwing, for example if there was a chance that the saber drops to the floor and has to be retrieved like in single player. Or if you couldn't move while throwing, then you could roll under the thrown saber and attack the thrower who can't move.

WOW! you guys are lamers...

i dont do this at all but you sound like a bunch of women! Whaaa its not in the movie... whaaaa whaaa whaaaa!!! its a game lamers. From what i read here it sounds like its your own faults. Get some experience and learn how to play.

Man there are some lame things in the game YES! but when your refrencing its not in the movie you need to get a life. Your the lamers who dressed up to go to the movie arent you?

Its their game to do what they want with it. Make suggestions on how to fix it if they agree they will fix it. If they dont go buy another game so we dont have to hear a "I suxor" bitch fest.

Dont know how to do a move you read the forums! Its all here.

-skeep

¤®¤

You all make valid and wonderful points. It is true that the honesty and honor may be different to all. My idea is to play with what is provided by the game . . . but I try and avoid anything someone might consider "Cheap" or "cheesy". I have locked sabers and thrown the guy to the ground in a challenge, but I didn't feel it neccessary to follow him and backstab or get another shot, instead I waited for him to get up . . I don't always do that . . but this time I did. I think a backstab in the right contexted is very fine and admirable as long as it is not spammed and used over and over again with pull. I think throw is the same way. I just got off a server where I was challenged, and we fought. We fought well, and my health was low. He jumped on top of a wall and stood tehre (his health low too) . . it was kind of like old west gunfighters. He let loose his saber and I side stepped it and on its return I threw mine catching him as he caught his . . the result? Victory on my behalf, but it had come down to two warriors and the throw.

Jesus Christ, skeep, stop your flaming already! No need to call us names! With most you say, you are wrong, by the way.

First of all, your flaming is against forum rules so stop it.

Originally posted by skeep

WOW! you guys are lamers...

i dont do this at all but you sound like a bunch of women! Whaaa its not in the movie... whaaaa whaaa whaaaa!!! its a game lamers. From what i read here it sounds like its your own faults. Get some experience and learn how to play.

Man there are some lame things in the game YES! but when your refrencing its not in the movie you need to get a life. Your the lamers who dressed up to go to the movie arent you?

If you'd had read closely, you would have noticed that the remark about throw not being in the movies was even marked as off topic so stop bitching about it. Also, the point of a StarWars Game is to carry on with what is seen in the movies. If they don't do so, they don't get permission from Lucas Arts in the first place. For example, Raven needed explicit permission to let Stormtroopers carry lightsabers in Multiplayer, that's something, LucasArts needs to give permission for. So there IS a point in saying "it differs from the movies."

Its their game to do what they want with it.
Wrong. See above. They need permission from LucasArts.

Make suggestions on how to fix it if they agree they will fix it. If they dont go buy another game so we dont have to hear a "I suxor" bitch fest.
I DID make suggestions on how to fix it. Reread my posts. I am not going to write it down for you again. And, by the way, they won't fix it. There won't be any new Patch for JK2. That's why they released the source code for the community to write mods and make the changes themselves.

Dont know how to do a move you read the forums! Its all here.
Where did anyone even ask how to do a move?!?

Originally posted by Dark_ZONE

You all make valid and wonderful points. It is true that the honesty and honor may be different to all. My idea is to play with what is provided by the game . . . but I try and avoid anything someone might consider "Cheap" or "cheesy". I have locked sabers and thrown the guy to the ground in a challenge, but I didn't feel it neccessary to follow him and backstab or get another shot, instead I waited for him to get up . . I don't always do that . . but this time I did. I think a backstab in the right contexted is very fine and admirable as long as it is not spammed and used over and over again with pull. I think throw is the same way. I just got off a server where I was challenged, and we fought. We fought well, and my health was low. He jumped on top of a wall and stood tehre (his health low too) . . it was kind of like old west gunfighters. He let loose his saber and I side stepped it and on its return I threw mine catching him as he caught his . . the result? Victory on my behalf, but it had come down to two warriors and the throw.

Agreed 100%.

That probably was a nice fight. So do you think, your opponent was angry about getting killed by a throw? I don't think so. I wouldn't have.

There really are spaces for all the moves, also the supposedly "cheasy" or "lame" ones. Just as you said, a backstab, a DFA, yes, and a saber throw in the right moment look cool, feel good and are to be respected as valid means of fighting.

It really boils down to individual perceptions of what is "honour", what is "lame" and of course what is "fun".

Waidaminute.... are we about to reach a conclusion here?!?!? DAMN! :joy:

I agree that there should be a greater risk involved in letting your lightsaber out of grasp for even a moment. I for one would like it if saber throw were included as a special move and all special moves used considerable force powers. Making a decent recharge time accompany each use. This would be a satisfactory solution to me. As it is for now we can only wish I suppose or perhaps someone will consider this in a future mod.

Also in my original statement I guess I was wrong by calling a throw spammer a no-skilled Jedi/Sith. What I should of said was that they are a 1 skilled Jedi/Sith. :) Unless you count running away until they can throw again a skill, then I guess they would have 2 but you get my point!

I was fighting one last night. Can get annoying at times in a duel but he was really good at it. The spamming got to me though so i just kept lunging his ass then 180 yellow backsweep until he stopped.

It worked and we then engaged in some decent fighting. Its amazing if you give them a tast of their own medicine

Archived