Home

Monkey Island 5

Guest calavera

I say phuck Ron Gilbert and let some one else turn this back into a respectable franchise. He isn't coming back and I think we should all forget how 1 and 2 were and think about how good 5 and 6 ciould be if they are handled by someone with a fresh take on the series.

I think a good story wouldn't hurt the next one, EMI was pitiful.

Originally posted by Hellbeard

MI3 had the best animation! I wonder what it would look like if MI 1 and 2 were reanimated into MI3?

Yes few have really played it, they should reanimate (maybe 3d if they feel like selling-out again) add voices and then release on all platforms for everyone to enjoy!

I doubt that they would go out of there way to do that, but it might be fun, but it still wouldn't be the same as the originals.

btw,

Originally posted by Haggis

What I find interesting is that someone names himself "Hellbeard" - after a character from a game he apparently hates.

I never said I hated MI4, just it was the worst MI.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully LEC reads the forums and will find better balance of feedback, etc. this time. Seems kinda odd that all the gripes about CMI quite possibly *caused* the bastardization that was EMI, you think?

Maybe EMI was their way of trying to please all the people all the time (the puzzles were a tad harder than CMI, you gotta admit) while using the new technology to try to "keep up with the times"

EMI depressed me. When I got to monkey combat I didn't even want to finish the game. A poor adventure game, and just a poor game all around.

EMI deserved its mediocre reviews, it did nothing better only worse....event he voice acting and graphics were a notch below CMI.

Hopefully Lucasarts reads these forums and decides to stop milking tired series to death and decides to think up something original. They need something as good as Grim Fandango and they need to market it like its a star wars game.

The best thing for MI5 would be if it wasn't made at all.

This is my thoughts on MI5.Ok here goes

It is a few years after MI4 and all the old chars come back.

Guybrush - Duah the hero/zero about (24)

Elaine - our herioian(can be either guybrush or elaine) about (31)

Wally - (best thing since Stan) our hero's navigator buddy (14)

Stan - Stan's used Estate (i dunno)

Le Chuck - still evil dead guy-thing

Murray - tries to be acceptedby Le Chuck again, you carry him around for half the game

Voodo Lady - you learn her real name.

Plot:

Le Chuck realises that he can't gain elain as his wife because he is actually her brother in law (creepy) so he tries to kill both Guybrush and Elaine(something like that)

It would be much deeper than the rest or the previous installments but still funny. Also there will be POINT AND CLICK AGAIN!!!!

Guybrush and the others all wake up at the carnival and everyone admits to eating the ice cream, which was laced with LSD and Extacy and not Pepper as previously thought. All form a temporary truce and vow not to speak of the mass-hallucination known as "EMI" to anyone ever again. Herman, who took the biggest hit of them all, and on an empty stomach no less, does, indeed, wake up next to an accordian, but knows enough to realise that if he were Elain's grandfather he should go to jail for "accidentally" letting her find out why they call him "Toothrot" while the others were involved in a game of Murray-Ball.

(I'm talking about open-mouth kissing, not anything sexual, you pervs)

You're right, except MK was very easy, you only needed 3 moves to win!

Yeah, but that's not the point.

You had to learn all the moves, not them down (mentally or on a note of paper), and you know what? IT WAS VERY BORING.

Originally posted by Ben Whatsisname

Guybrush and the others all wake up at the carnival and everyone admits to eating the ice cream, which was laced with LSD and Extacy and not Pepper as previously thought.

That's a very easy mistake to make.

I doubt that they are making an MI6.

btw, watch your language, and and don't diss Ron Gilbert!

edit: MI3 had the best animation! I wonder what it would look like if MI 1 and 2 were reanimated into MI3?

If they would do that it would be as crappy as the E.T. enhanced version.

MI 1 + 2 were a unique feel someone ron gave to it, he left and it was never the MI feel and it will never be the original MI feel ron gave it because he is not involved in it. CMI & EMI are just new games and IMHO cannot be seens as a follow up to MI 1 and 2.

Archived