Home

I Bleeping Suck

PapaMnky

thats right i suck... i look everywhree for help... i ask people for help but all i get is... hey... you suck, just quit then, why are you playing, glad you arent on my team, what the hell.... is the majority of jk2 mutliplayer people dicks to people who need help... i like this game alot but everyone is turning me off to it. Its just no fun to go in... and in 2 hits i die to someone... Common somebody out there acctually cares... or maybe the internet is really filled with so many angry nerds.

Don't worry about it,

Everybody sucked when they first started playing. Hell, i'm no great player either but i've got used to winning some fights now.

It just takes time. Play single player, Make your own server and play against bots to practice the come back online with your new found skills and kick some @$$.

Read the many tutorials out there the'll give you a helping hand.

I also suggest that you start off with no force saber duels. that'll get you going.

Good Luck and Good Fighting.

here's some guide's i've written

http://jkhq.ath.cx/tips.php

a page with a bunch of tips and tricks that can help out

http://jkhq.ath.cx/strategy.php

all the strategy articles written on my site (one is by me, some by clan members)

http://jkhq.ath.cx/weapons.php

my guide to using all the weapons and counters and tactics

http://jkhq.ath.cx/force.php

still need to get pictures but it's a guide to force powers

http://jkhq.ath.cx/saber.php

soon to be the saber guide, not completed yet though

Don't let your head hang down. Sometimes it appears that no matter what server you enter it's just a whole bunch of complete jerks.

The next day all of a sudden it is completely different.

However, my suggestion would be:

1.) Read the guides you can find such as the ones of Twins of Doom suggested above

2.) Beat the game in Single Player

3.) Play Multiplayer against Bots

4.) Start playing online

I only started to play online when I was able to beat all the bots at Jedi Master Level all the time. And I still got mya$$ kicked when I sarted to play online... But it was way less frustrating then...

i don't think the bots give enough of a challenge in the first place (which is half the problem)... you gotta play online to develop some sense of how to fight effectively... jedi master level bots don't have a clue...

another excellent way to play is to duel with someone similar level to you, so if you're starting up, look for another starter and duel with them repeatedly and you will find ways to develop your game very quickly... really soon you will be able to match it with most of them out there... (make sure you try different combos, don't just look for one winning strategy - as in very often successful, although there seems to be one... it's just no fun if that's all you do)

also experiment with what works and when... like push and pull don't work if the enemy isn't doing anything and has a good force pool remaining... and work on reading your enemy... that's the best way to win (without necessarily spamming moves), to read them and counter their moves...

if you like playing FFA or team FFA or CTF or something, get really well acquainted with the maps you play... this is crucial...

the following url is a really good primer, if this is what you are after:

http://www.oculis.org/asc/guides/saberguide_103.html

cheers!!!

karismatik: I agree that bots don't have a clue.

Still, it is a good way to start out. Especially when you are still learning all the moves. At that point it is not yet about tactics but about basic movement. How do I do a dfa, how do I do a backstab, how do I wall walk? etc. etc.

When you do this in a real server you'll always encounter morons who flame you and don't explain stuff. So some things are better to be practiced against bots IMO.

Another thing that i did when practicing moves was to load a single player map, spawn an enemy (e.g. Reborn) and turn notarget on. Now you can practice all the moves like backstab and yellow dfa that need some opponent standing close.

You need to take care though because Single Player saber combat is different from Multiplayer somewhat...

I suck to PapaMnky, and I find the same thing you do. No one wants to help and most of them ( I said most not all :D ) like to just flame on you.

But thats cool, I keep fighting and keep learning.

Dark_Zone, would it be possible for me to take you up on that offer also? I would like to do that, someone who would be able to meet me online and just fight for a little while to practice.

If so, let me know here or email me at living-sacrifice@cox.net

Thanks!

:band:

PapaMnky,

Twins has a great site for learning how to do the combos. And as for me "I'm not very good either" (my specialty is the campaign ;) )but I have fun in MP too most of the time...

But is indeed unsportsman like to condem, and bad mouth some one that is new to the game.

Hang in there. You have just met some of the best players here in your post. When I say the best, these players are very helpful, and great sports too.

Papa,

I sucked, too, when I first started out. I did the set-up-my-own-MP-server-and-play bots, but that only goes so far.

So...here's my advice:

SPECTATE!!!

It helped me a lot. I'd sit through 3 or 4 rounds and note who all the "good" people were. Then, I'd cycle through them all during a round and pick up on their techniques. I remember one person who was very good would always run away to find more health packs when he hit 40 or 50 HP. Another person would -always- pick up the minor shields to get to 100, then go find the big shield to get to 200.

Little things like that mean a lot during the course of combat. Keep at it, spectate a while, and you'll find your own tactics that work. I personally don't use the sabre that much (never can seem to kill anybody unless I use the pull/sweep move, which I'm trying to wean myself off of) - I like to mix it up with sabre and weapons. If I'm at high shields, I'll fight somebody with sabre, then surprise the hell out of them by clicking the mouse wheel once, getting the rocket launcher, blasting them once with it, then going back to sabre. A lot of times, I'll finish them off with Lightning.

Spectate a while, observe the good players, then find your own style - you'll eventually be getting in the top 3 in no time :)

- The Laughing Bitch

You have a good site. Some good things to learn. :D:saberb:

I am slowly learning...need all the help I can get with --->:lsduel:

I would like to find some servers where the people are cool and don't flipping curse you and say stupid things... :eyeraise:

Learning, but most of the time this is me.....--->:explode:

Peace...:band:

You have a good site. Some good things to learn.

I am slowly learning...need all the help I can get with --->

I would like to find some servers where the people are cool and don't flipping curse you and say stupid things...

thanks, and i'm making a lightsaber guide, but it's still gotta be typed up (all written down on paper)

a good server=those in my sig;)

BTW: think you used enough smilies, maybe it's just me being used to being a forum admin on my site where we're low on bandwidth;)

Originally posted by livingsacrifice

Ok, maybe I did overdo it a little...?

Thanks for the info, maybe I will check the servers you mentioned.

Peace...:band:

lol, you did overdo;)

and right now the servers are down though:(

leelink is moving them to his new Linux computer

Hey, if your sick of jerks come to my server. The other Admins and I keep a pretty good eye on things and I enjoy giving pointers. If you in the server and people are jerks just AOL or email me (they broadcast every 20 min) and I'll try to straighten them out. Its a small full force saber only dual server but that means I'm pretty familiar with all who join and you can practice with a full JEDI arsenal.

come on by and sit a spell

Dak

Daks u1.04Ghoul2 CSTM-MAPS

(oh and be a sport and download whatever map is being hosted before joining if possible, if its not possible just enable download):)

Archived