Home

The whole pull and backstab scheme

BlackDove

Originally posted by Derisor

In the 2 new movies, qwi gon and obi wan amoung others quite CLEARLY block a backstab. Maul must have tried it 25 times and was bloced every time.

Yeah except the one that kills qui gon in one hit. That looked to me like a blue style backstab, and if you watch carefully it even looks like he spins around to do it;)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the first post entirely, i don't backstab unless the situation presents itself (i.e i don't run round ass first), if someone rolls behind me etc. And 1 on 1 i don't mind people back stab spamming me, because on the whole they are boring, predictable and there are loads of ways to counter (yellow DFA my favourite). What gets my goat is when every ****er on the server is in the same room (i.e deathstar hanger) all spamming yellow back swing, which basically results in them all taking turns to kill everyone else in one hit. Just use ur imagination, if there was some rave music it'd be like looking at a bunch of glowstick waving ******* in Ibiza. It's silly, you can't attack because you get caught by one of the random attacks and killed.

[Edit - Stormy - your friendly neighbourhood censor-bot :cool: ]

Originally posted by technobot

I've said this in another thread, watch two guys who have perfected the backsweeps (without scripts) go at it. One move and it's over, just like a real sword fight is like. In real life, if you run at someone swinging your sword wildly, I guarantee a master practicioner will cleanly slice off your head, or the arm that's foolishly whacking your sword, and present it to your next of kin as a token of their appreciation.

I agree with that. I practice the backstab/swing moves myself (without a script of course, though I have been accused of using one). The really good ones defeat me with either the same moves that I use, or defeat me with their other combinations. I don't advocate running backwards to execute the BS combos (I think that's lame). I practice by running forward to my opponent, blocking his moves (red stance has good defense in this area without having to even hit the slash button) and swinging around at the appropriate time to execute the backslash combo. And you can learn to do that with efficiency if you play with the bots long enough... The other option I try is to stand still and wait for my opponent to attack. Once he's done something vulnerable (like execute a DFA or lunge) which requires recovery time, I just step forwards, swing 180 degress and execute a BS move, exactly what technobot says what a real sword fight is like.

To those constant lungers/DFA users... you deserve to be backstabbed and killed by putting yourself vulnerable to attack after pulling off your move. If you practice enough backstabbing moves as you do your whining about them, you'd strike up more kills too.

Originally posted by TheRock

Kal, please stop by the server sometime (with over 1000 posts, I can only assume you don't have much game time...then again, subtract the flames from your total, and you probably have 5 posts.)

We are not a nazi server, we are a SKILL server. You cant assfight and win. The people there will OWN ANY backstabber that comes in without reading the rules. We do it OFTEN. Even you so called ELITE BACKSTABBERS get owned when someone with skills not based on backstabbing takes you on.

And yes, go into ANY game and you will see that backstabbers will A) Be at the top of the frag list and B) Determine the outcome of the game.

Don't call me stupid either, as you KNOW I am speaking the truth.

And FYI, Backstabbing or not, I'll give you a run for your money. I just CHOOSE not to look stupid. Some people don't care how they look, it's all about the FRAGS.

Again, thank you for commenting on my posts and behaviour. Should I start paying you a $100 an hour for such perceptive reading-me-like-a-book? Nice how you get your conclusions from the fact that I treat you like you should be treated (you're right of course, subtracting the flame posts, I would probably have less that 1/3 of the post count). I think you should get a cookie for stating the obvious.

You call it a skill server. You don't get it do you? There is nothing skillful in banning a move that you cannot block against. It just makes you look like an uncapable person that can't do anything to protect himself against reality. I see people trying to run to 1.02. That is just plain pathetic. Running away from reality isn't really the solution that will turn out as good. We all know that people who reverse to 1.02 are the ones that are

a) stupid/lazy enough to learn how to counter backstabs

b) they managed to kill someone in 1.02 but when the backstabbin was revealed, they just couldn't kill anyone anymore...

So that is sort of what you are doing. You are limiting the options of the game just because you have no idea in the 6th circle how to counter the moves at all. Besides, you know that 1.04 was gonna bring the SAME backstab to the game. The power wasn't gonna be nerfed, because it IS a useful move (if you don't understand it's usefulnes then seriously...I pity you). We all know that from the 1.03a. So basically, HEIL THEROCK!

You are banning something because you can't do anything about it, and infact everyone who comes to that server and tries to do a backstab (ie, shows that he has more skills than you), you do a ban on him because he was more stronger than you. And don't try to tell me again how it's a SKILL server. We both know that you are just chickens that fit into the a) category up there. Isn't it just SKILLFUL gorilling like an idiot? Spamming the DFA on Warring Factions or any other level that contains narrow paths, doing the lunge in mid air constantly, or the yellow special? Also I bet all of you kick most of the time heavily, and the only hits you can land are the throws (thats the only thing I can imagine you people do there). However I don't want to be too presomptuous...

Originally posted by Homosexual Ewok

Kal, my advice would be, give up.

You are never going to be able to teach these people anything other than new ways of typing "ghEy".

Simply beat the Hell out of them and hope someone who is willing to learn (and in turn get better) comes along for a challenge.

Perhaps you are right... Some people just don't want to realise that they are doing limited things... TheRock is a perfect example of that...

Also I see many people connecting the backstabbers to the assfighters. These things are completely different btw...

Raven should have never made it necessary to have someone behind you do do this. Why? If you did it everytime, there would be no more running around backwards swinging, until the computer script "locks on" to someone. If you did the backslash/stab everytime, you'd actually have to TIME it right, and try to pull it off.

Also...it should have probably never been a "move" They should have made it where pressing a key would move your saber out a bit, and backslashing, you'd turn around real quick. That way, alot more custom moves, and YOU are backslashing...not some pre-determined move.

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

Raven should have never made it necessary to have someone behind you do do this. Why? If you did it everytime, there would be no more running around backwards swinging, until the computer script "locks on" to someone. If you did the backslash/stab everytime, you'd actually have to TIME it right, and try to pull it off.

I most wholeheartedly concur. :)

I went to this skill server to see what it was about. The duel server I usually play on was full.

First off, throw is disabled. For saber only matches, I suppose this is ok. Of course now people can spam special moves all they want without fear of throw.

Also absorb and lightning are disabled. Not really sure why.

Now what was almost everyone on the server doing? BSing, push and pull fights, grip fights, etc. This was not a skill server in terms of saber fighting. Albeit I did engage in a few saber duels that were fun. Most of the time however, it was push whomever to their death. People were pull/bsing. Two guys from some clan were having gripping a guy and having the other push him off the edge.

Ironically, one of the primary bsers was ahead by 7 kills.

Needless to say, this skill server seems to have disturbing lack of "skill."

Back to duelbox for me.

Not being a passworded server, we do get the occasional loser...oops, I mean backstabber. Liek Kal El up there, who loves his backstab pull so much, he can't go to a server that doesn't allow it, we get a few people that just can't read the rules.

We have regulars on the server, some that just duel, some that FFA, some that talk and others that just train people who are looking for more in a game than the one RAVEN GAVE UP ON.

Kal, the last thing I'll say to you is: Do you think it is realistic in the slightest to have a backwards attyack (be it slash or swing) kill you instantly? Do you think RAVEN actually decided "Hey, lets do this. We need a 1 hit kill move, lets make it a backwards attack so nobody will use it!"

Is my server a nazi server? Ok, maybe. We ban jerks, backstabbers, assfighters, and we disable MASSIVLEY OVERPOWERED powers. The reason lightning and Absorb are both disabled is to equal them out. Level 3 lightning is just stupid, might as well make it an instant kill, as thats what it primarily is. Absorb is fine if it did HALF of what it does, either add to your force pool when force is used on you OR block all forces...doing both makes it overpowered.

Come by when an admins on Kal, we'll probably end up first, killing you a hundred times and you constantly try and do that pathetically stupid looking "PULL PULL PULL PULL Backstab oops I missed AGAIN" stuff, then kicking you for assfighting all the time.

FYI, we DO ALLOW BACKSTABS, but you just can't TRY and get a kill by it. If they run around or jump behind you, backstab them. Pull/BS and spinning BS is very rare on our server, as we have plenty of people that will kick you off, DESPITE what the above guy says.

JUST BECUASE RAVEN LEFT US WITH THIS SCREWED UP SHELL OF AN AWESOME GAME DOESNT MEAN WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT.

And BTW, 1.04 made backstab unspinable, and reduced its damage and hit range. So, in other words, you could assfight with it, getting 1 hit in instead of 5-6, or you could use it as intended.

PLEASE come to the server Kal...see what it takes to win a fight when you have to use more than 1 move. Constantly pulling/backstabbing is for lame people that MUST win at all costs. I did it for a while, still have decent skill in it when I do go to these pathetic public servers (decent enough to beat 95% of the pull/backstabbers that is, and get MIN 15 kills each game).

I prefer to fight in a manor other than that of a newbie. Sue me. It may take me longer to get a frag, but I'll take length over assfighting anyday, and so will the rest of our server.

JK2.LOWGRAV.ORG (If you cant get in, try later, its almost ALWAYS full, due to the number of people that don't assfight)

Originally posted by JAtM Trev

I went to this skill server to see what it was about. The duel server I usually play on was full.

First off, throw is disabled. For saber only matches, I suppose this is ok. Of course now people can spam special moves all they want without fear of throw.

Also absorb and lightning are disabled. Not really sure why.

Now what was almost everyone on the server doing? BSing, push and pull fights, grip fights, etc. This was not a skill server in terms of saber fighting. Albeit I did engage in a few saber duels that were fun. Most of the time however, it was push whomever to their death. People were pull/bsing. Two guys from some clan were having gripping a guy and having the other push him off the edge.

Ironically, one of the primary bsers was ahead by 7 kills.

Needless to say, this skill server seems to have disturbing lack of "skill."

Back to duelbox for me.

(providing that the above is true)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

GREAT SKILLZ ROCK!!!!! Not only did you limit the options, you just narrowed it down to the part you dislike.

Great job!

Absorb+Lightning disabled :rofl::rofl:

Kal, the last thing I'll say to you is: Do you think it is realistic in the slightest to have a backwards attyack (be it slash or swing) kill you instantly? Do you think RAVEN actually decided "Hey, lets do this. We need a 1 hit kill move, lets make it a backwards attack so nobody will use it!"

Yes sorry, the fault of the backstab is because you have to turn around and do it????? I have trouble understanding the sentence above, since it isn't connecting to anything...

Is my server a nazi server? Ok, maybe. We ban jerks, backstabbers, assfighters, and we disable MASSIVLEY OVERPOWERED powers. The reason lightning and Absorb are both disabled is to equal them out. Level 3 lightning is just stupid, might as well make it an instant kill, as thats what it primarily is. Absorb is fine if it did HALF of what it does, either add to your force pool when force is used on you OR block all forces...doing both makes it overpowered.

Yes, I'm so glad we have YOU to tell us what is right or wrong. You see all the idiots at Raven WHO MADE THE GAME didn't know what the game was all about, but now that we have YOU, we are truly enlightened in the facts of what is right, wrong or overpowered. If that isn't dictatorship, I don't know what is.

Come by when an admins on Kal, we'll probably end up first, killing you a hundred times and you constantly try and do that pathetically stupid looking "PULL PULL PULL PULL Backstab oops I missed AGAIN" stuff, then kicking you for assfighting all the time.

It is obvious now, you lack the ability to read, let alone understand what you are reading...

JUST BECUASE RAVEN LEFT US WITH THIS SCREWED UP SHELL OF AN AWESOME GAME DOESNT MEAN WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT.

And this proves my point. I didn't even have to put it in caps myself...

*cries from sheer joy.*

Thanks Kal, I couldn't have said it better myself.

TheRock...the move is in the game. Obviously you can't counter it, or do anything about it, that is why you have such a strict policy on your server about it....and the whole mess about you can backstab but just don't try and get a kill using it? Wha? I think I missed something......

It's too late for me to be getting into this debate..I'll just say this:

There are two kinds of players: The ones who play for frags and the ones who play for fun.

The latter cannot understand why people spam, use scripts or whatever it takes to get frags no matter how stupid it looks or how it affects the game in general. (=how others on the server feel about your "style"...whether they enjoy playing with you or not etc.)

The first mentioned people play for frags. They want to score as much and as fast as possible. If there's a guy near the edge they'll push him down 5.000 times in a row just for the sheer pleasure of racking up frags and finishing on top. These people can't understand the reasoning of "fun-gamers". If you can kill, you kill. The faster/easier the better. What counts is the points in the end period

There are no problems as long as these people don't log on to the same server.

Thanks for stating the obvious of all "intense" online games. I think the first time I heard that was back in the days of Doom LAN..... Hmmm....well thanks again for stating the obvious. Some people like winning in a game. And some don't care. 'Nuff said.

in FFA and CTF, I think backstab is great, its fast and effective. I don't care what people say about skill, hell if medium finisher was the most powerful move I would master it completely and use that. With any game the most powerful move eventually gets spammed, its just its easier for newbies to use it too in this case.

in Duel games, I still use backstab but not during the course of a fight, I use it as a finisher at the appropriate time, most of my duels can last several minutes to testify to the reduced backstab usage.

But in FFA and CTF, you need to get the kill fast and move onto someone else, in CTF you can't afford to face off with one enemy whilst your team needs your help. As with FFA, if you go off to one side for a duel you will probably be 10 frags behind once you've finished.

This is going to sound really stupid, but people have tried and failed miserably to pull and backstab. I mean, they pull me, i fall down, and they try, but they miss. I keep trying to jump and move all around even when i fall, and they keep missing. I dont know why, but no one has ever killed me backstabing unless it was luck.

What do you guys normally do when you get pulled? Just sit there? As I said, i heard somewhere that if you jump around and what not, you will get up faster, so I always tired that and never got hit.

But it is darn funny when a guy tries it, fails, and i then shove a saber up their #^^.

I think different people prefer different fights,

i.e some people might prefer to use the turn/backsab but then it would simply become who can turn around and use it best.

i prefer long(ish) fights where it comes down to the last 5hp, and your both moving about v. cagey. and you now its going to be the next joust that wins the duel.

to me thats a much more satisfying kill/death id feel more competant in my skills knowing i was beaten "fairly" if you like, whereas if im sabered by a backslash, its just frustrating, you feel a bit helpless to avoid it,

i mean i could quite easily adopt that skill, (like the aformentioned "if you cant beat em join em") but i dont get any satisfaction from killing people with a cheap kill, i mean im only on that server dueling because i want to get enjoyment out of the game.

The bottom line is, everybody is different, and instead of moaning and whining about it, why dont we just get on with it? cheap move or no - im game.

Well that's actually the point...everyone thinks that the move is cheap... it's not cheap, it's a terrific move to show your oponent when he jacked up with one of his moves... Spamming it and running around backwards, hoping to strike isn't the way to go about it, but other than that I don't see the problem with the actual move and using it when necessary.

Point: If I own the equipement that I'm running a server on, YOUR DANG RIGHT I can change the rules as I see fit. If I'm not happy with the way things are, I can change them as I see fit. I don't tell you that you should run Windows with the defualt settings from MS, do I? I mean, WHO ARE YOU to alter something Microsoft put out? Obviously Microsoft knows more than you about Operating systems, who are you to alter IN ANY WAY your operating system to make it better?

Now, my server aside, I don't like assfighters, which it seems we share views on (I believe you said you don't like people running around backwards either).

Now, the pull/backstab move atleast takes skill to do, and do it effectively. Can I counter it when Is ee it coming? Most of the time I can. It's not that hard to counter when the guy runs straight at you.

Can I counter it when someone runs up behind me and spin/backstabs? Not really, unless its a fluke that I move. Can ANYONE counter a move they don't see coming? I don't think so, not all the time.

I dislike the assfighters, and I dislike the Pull/Backstabbers. Can I do it? yes. Can I counter it, Yes. So all you people that repeteadly keep saying that I must not like the pull/bs becuase I can't do it or coutner it can go get a saber enema.

Do I think I could have made a better game than Raven did? No, I don't. I can't even draw a proper smiley face.

Luc Solar is right on, I play games for more than Frags. I play for fun. I used to play for frags, but then you get people that spend WAY TO MUCH TIME on the game, and have every move perfected, who cream your butt everytime, and you get frustrated. Now, I don't care if I'm on top of the score list.

I don't like moves that there is not a defense for. I don't like moves that are overpowered and unbalanced.

Raven, I can only asume, didn't want that either. I can only assume that they were forced to not release another patch for this game. If this is the game they *envisioned* it to be, so be it. Backstab all you wish. The rest of the people that don't spam backstabs will have our fun with other moves, and probably score just as high.

Back to my server, if you spend only a few minutes on the server, you're not giving it a fair chance at all, just like anything else. If you play it for a while, you will see that there are MANY people that play the server that are VERY good in saber duels and using force powers. Yes, we get some people that believe the rules don't apply. Yes, we have rules against using backstab in any way other than the obvious intention. Yes, we have overpowerful force powers diasbled.

In Fact, we just updated to a mod that corrects most of the flaws Raven left us with. No spinning bs, force powers put to PROPER levels.

Anyways, Kal, I apologize for the insults directly towards you. I hope this post (flameless) shows what my personal POV is on this matter. As such, i won't be reading it again. If you'd like further discussion (which i doubt), PM me or stop by the server.

=SSC=Kal-El has made a very valid point, in my opinion. Although I would be loathe to admit that the Pull +, Backward + Attack quote/unquote scheme is a sportsman-like tactic when I am the on the ground with a saber slashed across my gut. ;)

I have played against =SSC=Kal-El and he is a good player. Many of the skilled persons I have seen on various servers use the Pull +, Backward + Attack. (Who wouldn't? It is very effective when used at the right time.) I consider these players skilled because they know this move and many others and--and this is important--they know when to use that or any other given move or when to simply change tactics.

People do not seem to see JKII as the sum of its parts. They see the aforementioned move spammed and cry foul. I feel that the fights in JKII are very wide open, allowing various fighting styles and techniques, from aggressive to passive.

So:

If you are getting your ass cosistently handed to you by a mofo who knows only one move, then chances are you are not good enough yet to complain that the game lacks balance.

{Author's Note: The aforementioned opinion is in regards to CTF mode only as that is what I know best. Your experience may vary.}

Point: If I own the equipement that I'm running a server on, YOUR DANG RIGHT I can change the rules as I see fit. If I'm not happy with the way things are, I can change them as I see fit. I don't tell you that you should run Windows with the defualt settings from MS, do I? I mean, WHO ARE YOU to alter something Microsoft put out? Obviously Microsoft knows more than you about Operating systems, who are you to alter IN ANY WAY your operating system to make it better?

Now, my server aside, I don't like assfighters, which it seems we share views on (I believe you said you don't like people running around backwards either).

Now, the pull/backstab move atleast takes skill to do, and do it effectively. Can I counter it when Is ee it coming? Most of the time I can. It's not that hard to counter when the guy runs straight at you.

Can I counter it when someone runs up behind me and spin/backstabs? Not really, unless its a fluke that I move. Can ANYONE counter a move they don't see coming? I don't think so, not all the time.

I dislike the assfighters, and I dislike the Pull/Backstabbers. Can I do it? yes. Can I counter it, Yes. So all you people that repeteadly keep saying that I must not like the pull/bs becuase I can't do it or coutner it can go get a saber enema.

Do I think I could have made a better game than Raven did? No, I don't. I can't even draw a proper smiley face.

Luc Solar is right on, I play games for more than Frags. I play for fun. I used to play for frags, but then you get people that spend WAY TO MUCH TIME on the game, and have every move perfected, who cream your butt everytime, and you get frustrated. Now, I don't care if I'm on top of the score list.

I don't like moves that there is not a defense for. I don't like moves that are overpowered and unbalanced.

Raven, I can only asume, didn't want that either. I can only assume that they were forced to not release another patch for this game. If this is the game they *envisioned* it to be, so be it. Backstab all you wish. The rest of the people that don't spam backstabs will have our fun with other moves, and probably score just as high.

Back to my server, if you spend only a few minutes on the server, you're not giving it a fair chance at all, just like anything else. If you play it for a while, you will see that there are MANY people that play the server that are VERY good in saber duels and using force powers. Yes, we get some people that believe the rules don't apply. Yes, we have rules against using backstab in any way other than the obvious intention. Yes, we have overpowerful force powers diasbled.

In Fact, we just updated to a mod that corrects most of the flaws Raven left us with. No spinning bs, force powers put to PROPER levels.

Anyways, Kal, I apologize for the insults directly towards you. I hope this post (flameless) shows what my personal POV is on this matter. As such, i won't be reading it again. If you'd like further discussion (which i doubt), PM me or stop by the server.

Well being that you wanted to end it peacefully, I will respect, however with this post you just made, I could bury you in so many ways.....

But anyway..."who cares...out of sight, out of mind..."

I should also point out that backstab is one of the only reliable moves with higher pings.

With my pings its nigh on impossible to hit people with regular saber attacks, backstabs allows you to get some attacks through.

I don't use Heavy Stance because its too slow and the odds of my hitting anyone with 500 ping are pretty slim. So that leaves me with Medium and Light stances, both of which are easily blockable. Now I play CTF almost exclusively, I don't play for frags, I play to help my team win. Now believe it or not, provided the teams are equal, winning is fun

I've scored 7 caps in a game and been playing for the 8th, I notice the opposing team has significantly less players, so I switch teams, I lose the 800 odd points i've built up for the sake of making the last cap fairer. In these situations I don't care about winning, I just care about playing a game with balanced teams. I don't feel cheap for using backstab, I feel cheap when I win with an overwhelming team.

good posts by everyone...

I think some other guy mentioned it in another thread (might have been this one), but maybe Raven's intention was to provide a quick way to kill. I don't know about you guys, but I usually only have time to play about 20 minutes per session, a couple times a week. If on a saber-only server it takes 5 minutes to kill a guy (when not engaged in a duel), THIS IS JUST MY OPINION, but it's not really my idea of fun.

And I'll grant the right for many of you to enjoy 10 minute "epic" duels, with each combatant using "whatever stance is appropriate for the situation", i.e. blue or yellow, slowly nicking away at each other, while the people in line start leaving the server because quite frankly, a lot of us have much better things to do than wait 1 hour to play a videogame.

Phantom, I will gladly play you any time, duel or FFA. If you're better than me, that's great, I could really use the practice. If not, I hope you're not one of the lamers that starts a duel off by asking, "NO Backstab, NO throw, NO kick, NO Bacta". This isn't directed at you, but the same people who say they want to play JK2 "With Honour" (Whatever the f@@k that means) are the same people who show NO HONOUR immediately after being defeated in a duel, i.e. OH YOU USED BACTA? (when there's more than one canister on the level) or OH ALL YOU DO IS THROW (because the guy keeps spamming predictable attacks which leaves him open) or OH ALL YOU DO IS SPAM BACKSTAB (after I used Backsweep just once, after he spammed his third DFA).

A little off topic, but if you can't counter a player who uses throw all the time, you need more practice. If you complain about "NOOBS running around backwards" you definitely need more practice. An idiot running with his back towards you SHOULD BE the easiest guy for you to kill on that server. If you are fragged by this repeatedly, don't blame Raven, don't blame the newbie who killed you with that ridiculous tactic, blame yourself for not being very good at the game. And don't try to tell me you don't care about your skills, otherwise you wouldn't be on this forum complaining about "BS spammers" and "people running around backwards".

The problem with online gaming is its anonymity. You will probably never meet the guy you just called a "faggot, or a retard, or a n@@gger, or a chink", so many of the players thinks its just great to do this. I don't condone real life violence, but it's funny to me that the same people who hurl (usually racial) epithets are the same cowards who would keep their mouths closed if you beat them one on one in golf, tennis, basketball, at an arcade, whatever, because to do this "manly", i.e. face to face, will usually result in a severe beating.

RE: Honour, let me give you my definition of honour. If a newbie asks you a question, if you have time, try to answer. If a guy wins an FFA, and say "GG", tell him GG. Saying, "You were lucky" or "All your moves are cheap" show no honour, because on a public server, against people you most likely don't know, there are NO rules, unless the admin is their to enforce him. If he didn't cheat, and you denied yourself the moves he used to win, then you shouldn't care about winning enough to complain, in which case just be polite. If you lose a duel (I win more than half my duels, but I'm not deluded, I lose enough for everyone here :) ), just say GF. Don't complain, complaining is exemplary of very little honour.

Remember, most of us just want to have fun. And although backsweeping, or kicking, or throwing the saber, might not be fun for you, it just MIGHT be fun for the other guy, and if you want him to respect your POV, you should respect his. Honestly, if I'm on a board where everyone asks me politely NOT to pull/backsweep, and I can verify that NO ONE is pull/backsweeping, I won't do it. I'll still backsweep because like I said, time is precious, and I want to finish the board as quickly as possible.

Last thing: I assume many of you play boards with guns enabled? Tell me the skill involved in walking into a room with 8 guys going at it with their sabers, and firing a rocket into the crowd, possibly earning 8 kills (I think many of us have had this VERY satisfying kill :) ). Unlike backsweep, where you have to time it correctly, and at the very least you have to do a 180 at just the right time, all you have to do with a gun is point and shoot. In the case I mentioned, your aim doesn't even have to be very accurate. Now I myself don't feel this is cheap, but many of the guys who will complain about pull/bs won't complain about this... Mod-makers, here's my suggestion: an ignore feature. If you're playing a game, and a guy is staying on the server just to spam messages at you, you shouldn't have to deal with this (kinda like the squelch feature in battle.net) Even if you stop paying attention to the messages, it is a little distracting. Agree, disagree?

Backstab is a good move as long as people aren't using it all the time (like a lot of people). I hate getting surprised by it too, but usually I expect people to use that so I prepare for it.

They can be beaten. You just have to stay out of range or use fast attacks and retreat until absorb wears off then most of them are easy pickings because that's all the saber combat they know. Another counter I mostly use is to kick them when they pull you. Getting kicked repeatedly is just as bad as getting backstabbed (especially if you can kick them into a pit, that's icing on the cake). :)

Originally posted by Rogue74

Backstab is a good move as long as people aren't using it all the time (like a lot of people). I hate getting surprised by it too, but usually I expect people to use that so I prepare for it.

Again, I feel that's a wrong point of view. There is nothing wrong with ANY move or repeating it so many times. If you get owned by it, it is YOUR fault, even more so that it was predictable if the person is using it all the time...

Your own preferance stays to yourself. You maybe want this and that but that doesn't count anywhere unless the other guy agrees to your terms.

That's just how things are...at least the way I see them...

Archived