Home

JK Massive Multiplayer Possible?

lightbourne

I'm in progress of making what's called a Massive Multiplayer mod for JKII which has one huge map representing a small planet. I've stopped because I'm not sure if the servers or the Quake III engine could handle around 500 players (even if I sacrifice quality for less lag).

The players would usually be spread out (to decrease lag) but does anybody know the capabilities of the Quake III engine? How many players could servers support maximum?

If it could support maximum of 100, I'll probably still continue the project.........need ur advice on this

I wonder if you could have different sections, where one section is a map on a different server, and when you want to go to a different section, you automatically connect to the server, or something like that. If you could get something like that to work, that could reduce the lag a bit. :)

I don't think you should go through with it, It would be cool yes, but the Q3A engine isn't made for at least more than 64 players ( i think), plus, With Star Wars Galaxies coming along, it would be a waste of time

Archived