Home

Earning respect !

NwO_2k_Mutt

Went onto a Darkside server last night, cant remember exactly which one, but sitting there waiting to play and everything looks good. My turn, do the bow and whamo the guy I am fighting, Myst, runs up and starts whackin away at me. I ask of course "WTF???" He says you have to earn respect on this server ! OK....now I know that maybe some peeps wont bow to ya until they know you are skilled, but just running up and trying to kill a guy because you dont know him is just plain cheap and gay. Ok dont bow to me but dont resort to cheap ass noob tricks you fag!

Thoughts ?

Let me say this once more.

To be honored and respected an enemy is, but not to be trusted.

Don't sheathe your saber instantly when engaged in a duel and back off some meters. Wait what the oppoonent does, if he sheathes his for a bow, do the same. If he attacks right away, you are prepared.

You will find out who of your opponents has what habits.

As for that person, having no respect and a breach of protocol are two different animals.

Arker

The ILUM Order

Council, Protector

You misjudged his behaviour this one time, now you know what type of person he is.

It is necessary to make mistakes once, it is stupid, however, to make them a second time.

On the topic of respect, he obviously is the type of person that abuses whenever he thinks there are no consequences. He mistook respect for fear. He bows only to those he doesn't want after him.

Arker

The ILUM Order

Council, Protector

well maybe I will continue to be stupid, but I always bow, always will. I refuse to stoop to their level. If someone wants to attack me during a bow fine, you get a kill but doesnt make them any better as a player. Hell for all I know Myst probably could have beaten me, but I dont consider him a worthy opponenet now.

Originally posted by NwO_2k_Mutt

well maybe I will continue to be stupid, but I always bow, always will. I refuse to stoop to their level. If someone wants to attack me during a bow fine, you get a kill but doesnt make them any better as a player. Hell for all I know Myst probably could have beaten me, but I dont consider him a worthy opponenet now.

they'll be hitting you when you're bowing right

do one of 2 things

a) lunge attack on light stance...you are already crouched and it can do up to 60 damage

b) turn around and backstab/sweep him/her

they attacked you when you respected them, don't bother respecting them because they don't have any honour

I always bow . . I get away from the guy as soon as we are engaged in a Challenge and bow . . I have had MANY peeps try DFA on my while I do it but I move out of the way . . had one guy who just kept slashing with blue on, and I would dodge to get clear so I could bow, but he would chase me . . LOL . . finally got in a bow but he threw his saber and tagged me . . others that were watching said all sorts of SH!T to him for doin it, but I had already kicked him to the ground and backstabbed him . . Had he not tagged me with a saber throw . . I might have not resorted to such a blood thirsty combo, but the situation warranted, at the very least, a LESSON in respect. . . . He disconnected after that.

On a nother note . . I fought this guy called DrJrMcburger and we were squared off in a challenge . . I did a nice combo ending in a Backstab and he had did his OWN combo ending at that moment in an arial (yellow flip) attack . . I won . . which was BS. I told him that that was his KILL . . His was up and out of the way, and slashing down on my head. How in the world did my backstab tag him?? . . he had the better move, so I offered him myself for an equal kill ratio, but he was so taken back, that he said "no thanks" . . . This whole event meant that I had made another friend. I would rather make friends in this game then Mortal enemies . .

bowing is gay, I've never once done it.

Course with that said I've never run up and attacked someone trying to do their bow so it's not like I'm looking for cheap kills.

I'll generally sit there at the start of the duel for 2-3 seconds to let them do their thing, feint a couple times with my saber up to give them the hint that I'm about ready to tear into them, then if they still haven't moved launch into an attack.

I'm not there to roleplay some prissy duelist, I'm there for a fun fight. "Honor," if you're into that sort of thing comes after the fight.

Originally posted by NwO_2k_Mutt

Went onto a Darkside server last night, cant remember exactly which one, but sitting there waiting to play and everything looks good. My turn, do the bow and whamo the guy I am fighting, Myst, runs up and starts whackin away at me. I ask of course "WTF???" He says you have to earn respect on this server !

Never mind that jerk, they rarely frequent the DS servers, besides he has no right to demand respect from any1 with his behaviour. Next time just spam his ass off ;)

But just 1 hour ago I also got some bull from that idiot "munden" on a DS server.....was kickin' him silly, small break, I turned on the chat to ask for hp and what happened...he killed my ass ....grrr. Next match: I served him up his ass though...damn fool. I get REALLY pissd when ppl can't recpect the chat icon.......

Sorry about the harsh language ...

Originally posted by druid

Never mind that jerk, they rarely frequent the DS servers, besides he has no right to demand respect from any1 with his behaviour. Next time just spam his ass off ;)

But just 1 hour ago I also got some bull from that idiot "munden" on a DS server.....was kickin' him silly, small break, I turned on the chat to ask for hp and what happened...he killed my ass ....grrr. Next match: I served him up his ass though...damn fool. I get REALLY pissd when ppl can't recpect the chat icon.......

Sorry about the harsh language ...

ya, i was playing muden too...he used the blender on me and backsweeped when i was in front of him.......SCRIPTER

munden=loser

I still play on the RedHand servers but, there are more and more idiots on them every day. I talk to the members on the forums about it but they usually use the FFA server the've got and i'm always in the zeus duek server.

Its getting more lame everyday but i tolerate it for now.

Originally posted by DarthCobra

Shutup and fight you bowing idiots ;)

hehe nice load of sith spit....Join us at the DarkSide servers and your ass WILL be served to you roasted nicely.......enough of an adolescent threat? LOL

Originally posted by druid

hehe nice load of sith spit....Join us at the DarkSide servers and your ass WILL be served to you roasted nicely.......enough of an adolescent threat? LOL

More idle threats. Why does everyone expect me to come to one of their servers. As if i care enough. If you bow before me ... after the duel has started, im gonna saber you. And you'll most likely jump around like an idiot throwing your saber at me. Blah blah blah blah. Goto jk2.net chat an come challenge if you like.

70% of the time i duel. Some idiot is sitting there with his saber off waiting for me too bow. Well im not going to. I will not attack before the duel if they wanna get their silly bow outta the way. Im just really sick of hearing about it, and having ppl acutally expect it.

And I havent been young in a very long time.

And I have always been a darksider.

Originally posted by DarthCobra

70% of the time i duel. Some idiot is sitting there with his saber off waiting for me too bow. Well im not going to. I will not attack before the duel if they wanna get their silly bow outta the way. Im just really sick of hearing about it, and having ppl acutally expect it.

Can't really upset me that much that ppl want to bow or not.

When I face someone for the 1st time a quick HARMLESS bow takes maybe 2 seconds...so what?

....it's a nice way to start a duel......but then again it's only a game :) I don't read too much into it. Life is too short.

OMG...enough of this already! Noone is saying you HAVE to bow, all we are trying to say is if someone hits us while we are bowing or typing (unless is it a genuine accident), we consider it very bad manners and extremely cheap and they will regret it either by getting kicked off the server or getting a good whiping! OK :mad: End of story.

Originally posted by lexx

OMG...enough of this already! Noone is saying you HAVE to bow, all we are trying to say is if someone hits us while we are bowing or typing (unless is it a genuine accident), we consider it very bad manners and extremely cheap and they will regret it either by getting kicked off the server or getting a good whiping! OK :mad: End of story.

well said lexx

*would close the topic if he was a mod...........but i'm not*

oh well, darn:D

Archived