Home

http://jk2.suscom-maine.net

w0ls0n

Originally posted by Yoda_623

:mad: Well I went to the site and didn't get paid, but its not a bad site. :)

hmmm, personally i think it's not to great...too many ads for stupid things like flash buttons, get a decent banner....get a decent sidebar, get a decent hit counter (http://www.digits.com is excellent)

the search thing isn't that great, at least put it in a better spot

put the news on the main page, that's how it should be done

learn php

learn php

learn php

what's with all the banners on the side?

get forums (yabb, ikonboard, phpbb, etc)

if somebody didn't have flash your sidebar wouldn't show up, then you'd be screwed eh? you may think everybody has it but it's not actually that popular, hate to burst your bubble (some people even have IE 3.0 or lower!)

i changed my resolution to 800 X 600, half of your stuff get's cut off, especially your sidebar (you used frames and disabled scrolling didn't you!?)

<frameset rows=8%,92% border=0>

<frame name=Top src="top.html" noResize scrolling=no>

<frameset cols=15%,85% border=0>

<frame name=Left src="left.html" noResize scrolling=no>

<frame name=Right src="right.html" noResize>

i suggest tables, not frames....and if you are going to use frames make it so that you can scroll because most people don't have 1024 X 712 resolution and your frames get ****ed on 800 X 600 (most common)

if your gunna have meta tags for search engines fill them in so they describe your site

what's with the random picture? if your gunna have that make em all the same size!

learn php so that you can include a file called sidebar rather than using frames, trust me...php is sweet

"<META content=FrontPage.Editor.Document name=ProgId>"

ooh, front page....don't use it, front page designs for internet explorer only, it ignores the non microsoft products (typical microsoft eh?)

and about the random picture, i see you used cgi for it...it would be faster loading in javascript because javascript is client side, not server side, you could also do it in php, which is extremely easy

i don't like your wwboard.html, i would suggest you just get a yabb, but if you have php get a yabbse

make your contact page in php or cgi and have it write to a file that you can just view (makes it much easier and you don't run the risk of running out of space in your email account)

all the contact pages and stuff that don't have a sidebar you should add it, makes navigation easier...

oh, and did i mention to learn php?

ya, i know...long reply, sorry about that...got carried away

site would probably be more useful if it mentioned at some point what the hell it's supposed to be doing.

All it appears to have now is a news page documenting your efforts to get the website running, with a bunch of jk2 logos laying around.

well..the menu is...annoying;)

you could use some php;)

the banners on the links page could be the same size

you might want a sidebar with the guestbook

NOOOOOOO NOT EZBOARD!

AHHHHHHHH

*dies*

*spawns back*

i can't critique anymore..the ezboard scared me too much

get a YaBB or something;)

OMG you crack me up.

A lot of people like the menu as it free's up real estate;)

Why php over anything else? html is just as good.

Why do the banners have to be the same size? I would be upset if someone changed the my banner just to make it comform a bit better!

The guestbook has a link back to the homepage so no problem there.

Nothing at all wrong with ezboard. The almighty http://www.episode-x.com/ use it aswell as a few other nifty sites.

:p

so what do you say about sites taht do use php? ;)

I didn't like yabb too much, either. Nothing really wrong with the forum itself, but there's way too many features and perl cgi = sucks.

yabb also has a tendency to hog the cpu on any truly busy site, unless someone devotes a whole ton of hardware to it.

Originally posted by Xzzy

so what do you say about sites taht do use php? ;)

I didn't like yabb too much, either. Nothing really wrong with the forum itself, but there's way too many features and perl cgi = sucks.

yabb also has a tendency to hog the cpu on any truly busy site, unless someone devotes a whole ton of hardware to it.

that's why if you have php you use yabbse, more computer friendly, easier to install, fully customizable:)

yabbse just has you upload two files and then you go to the one and it pretty much "unzips" itself, and i know the guy who came up with the "unzipping" idea;)

and you wanna know why i love php?

because it does everything for you:)

That may be true that less people use ASP due to that fact that it costs money compared to PHP which is free. However your logic is flawed that there is less support for ASP becuase less people use it. Pay products usualy have more support and it is all available through Microsoft or via the numerous ASP support sites.

I also highly doubt that PHP does more then ASP.NET

Can you backup your claim that PHP does more or is this going to become a religous debate with Linux Vs Windows. We all know that religous debates lack logic.

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

well, if i were you i'd change the text on the sidebar..little hard to read

Hehehehe. I figured if anyone was gonna knock it, it would be the font of the menu buttons on the said sidebar. I did a little alt command in there where when you put your mouse over the button, what the button reads also pops up in those little mouseover text tag things to avoid confusion. But I'll probably keep that font, it's kinda the theme of my whole look.

Originally posted by Xzzy

> that's why if you have php you use yabbse, more

> computer friendly, easier to install, fully

> customizable

I just wrote my own, nothing more customizable than that. :p

yes, i figure that i might write my own over the summer, that'll be fun;)

Originally posted by Twilite Zoner

Who in the name of GOD would still be using IE 3.0 or lower!?!?

it happens, on one of my old sites (which was dreadfully unpopular) i ran a poll asking what browser your using, some people voted IE 3.0 or less

i myself have a computer running IE 3.0, but that's because it can't run anymore;)

This is prob a little late in the thread, but here's my opinion on the sites :D I have very basic html, javascript, flash experience and havent ever published my own page, so I guess you can get an end user's perspective.

Wolson: I couldnt get to your site, so I cant tell you :confused:

Lexx: You're site is awesome...very proffesional and pleasing to the eye. Easy to navigate, everything laid out perfect. Love the menu on samurai jack btw

Elgy: Very nice site. A little dark for me, but that's prob because my computer screen at work is all smudged :)

Twins: Personally, i think it's a mediocre site. There's lot's of work into it, obviously, and it's not hard to navigate. But i think it's too bland and paragraphs seem to run together alot(1024x768). I could prob get the same effect from using Lynx as my browser....but i still like it :)

Archived