Home

Star Trek: Nemesis

Kyth'emos

What do you think of the Trailer ?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Trailer ?

• Its gonna kick major ass.
    • It looks cool.
    • I might go see it.
    • Sar Trek Sucks !!!!
    • Yoda should totaly have kick Doku\'s ass instead of saving Anakin and Obi-Wan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...the Romulans are making another play against the mighty Feds, eh? Wonder what Lor has to do with it...

About time. The original movies got the whole Klingon craze going, it's about time we get to see the Romulans on center stage. (Ready to trade my ghakh for an ozzel twist.) I'll wait until I actually see the movie, though.

TOS: Pretty cool. Even more so back in the day, with that chilly war going on. Then the third season ruined it. Shame.

TNG: Pretty cool, once most of the first season was out of the way. Everyone's favourite episodes are either the pair with Locutus or the pair with Spock. Can't blame them.

DS9: Pretty cool. Space station, nice twist. As was pretty much everything else. The first experience with the Prophets (in the pilot) was the only one I believed, but the politics and big battles were fun.

V: Pretty cool. Or it could have been, if they'd made it a mini-series instead of the mostly-crap it is. Still, Borg; not just the one with the cleavage you could ski down, either...

E: A possible SW prequel rip-off, and about as essential. To the franchise, that is. I'm betting the unknown bad guy in charge is Romulan.

Hey, full circle. I'll shut up now.

TNG: Pretty cool, once most of the first season was out of the way. Everyone's favourite episodes are either the pair with Locutus or the pair with Spock. Can't blame them.

Wrong!! My favorite episode is the Inner Light...don't ask me why but I can watch that episode any time...I guess I'm just a Picard geek :p

Also, the 1st Season was superior to the second. Dr.Crusher was cool, Dr. Know-it-all made me angry, because she wasn't a babe :mad:

TNG was good because Gene was at the helm, now they just use his name to make money. Sad really, he did great work, and had a marvelous vision.

I liked DS9 because it was different that the standard 'trip about the galaxy' storyline. Because it was set in one location, you really got to know the seconadry characters better. There was more character development, and the long arch story lines were neat.

Voyager- okay at best. The series ending, well, was huge disappointment. I really expected more.

Enterprise: So far, not bad. Mr. Quantem Leap is tooo much of a teddy bear type right now, but we shall see how it goes. So far, the weapons guy and the chief engineer are the best characters.

TNG was good because Gene was at the helm, now they just use his name to make money. Sad really, he did great work, and had a marvelous vision.

It's funny, but I didn't really think the series picked up until after he died...it was a little too much like the Original Series for my tastes, but season 3 really had a feeling of it's own, and they went with it.

TOS: was great but campy..and I suppose in line with what Gene wanted.

TNG: Awesome... No one beats Picard. Although my favorite episode was the one where Tasha Yar dies(becuase they kicked a main character (takes alot of guts)).. Or the eposide where Data finds out he has a brother...

DS9: OK, but could have been better. KInd of got screwed off the air with bad timing, time slots, etc.... Characters were awesome though...

Voyager: It's always been my favorite. I know I'm an outcast among the Trek crowd but I loved the exploration storyline...plue Chakotea? was a cool character. I also really liked the last episode, guess I'm the odd one out again... oh well!

Enterprise: Good so far, although I have to agree that it's probably a Romulan behind the whole evil guy thing. The captain needs to be a stronger character though, and not so wishy-washy....

Movies... I've seen'em all including ST4-The Voyage Nowhere... When I went to it I was there in the theater by myself...literally (there was no one else in the theater).

The new movies are better. Generations was good, Insurrection was also good, and I think they're on the right track with Nemisis although they will sacrifice some of Gene's vision to get there. It will attract a newer audience instead of just the hard core Trek fans....

My 2cents...pretty long, actually 3 cents....

So...the Romulans are making another play against the mighty Feds, eh? Wonder what Lor has to do with it...

**SPOILER**

That's not Lor... it's Data's OTHER brother... the retarded one that no one ever talked about... ever... :rolleyes: Furthermore, this isn't the Romulan Empire we all know and loath from TNG... these are the Remans from Romulus' slave moon. The Remans (led by a *gasp* clone of Picard) have taken over the Romulan Empire and somehow gotten a hold of a superweapon, blah,blah,blah... this movie's gonna be terrible.

Jedi_Monk.jpg

Originally posted by Kurgan

Star Trek first aired 1966-1969 (now known as the "original series" with William Shatner as Captain Kirk, Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock and DeForest Kelly as Dr. McCoy). When the show was cancelled after its third season, there was a huge fan backlash. So we can say with confidence that this generation of fans existed at least as early as 1969.

The first Trek movie came out in 1979, and since that time there have been almost a steady stream of movies and new tv series (the second series, not including the cartoon of course, was The Next Generation in 1987). Anyhow, check imdb.com for full details. Trek is pretty old, by pop culture standards, and its been a staple of reruns and video stores ever since its inception.

And let us not forget that the first Star Trek movie bit Star Wars in the worst way. Also without Star Wars, Star Trek would have never made it to the big screen. But Star Trek still sucks, without night you could neve have a day I suppose!:mad:

although they will sacrifice some of Gene's vision to get there. It will attract a newer audience instead of just the hard core Trek fans....

My 2cents...pretty long, actually 3 cents.... [/b][/quote

And this is a good thing because...........????:confused:

"The chancellor should never have brought them into this, kill them immediately!"

_Darth Sideous:holosid:

Originally posted by Pedantic

If they didn't try to attract new viewers, there'd be about two people at each theater wanting to see the movie. And Trek fans don't usually do the repeat thing either. It's always about the money. It always has been.

I would personally pay them to stay home. I don't know about you but I am sick of seeing poeple at the convention centers dressed up as "borg" and "klingons". Trekkies must become obsolete at all costs.

"Prepare for ludicrist speed!"

_Col Sanders

I think bringin in new people is great. Hell, I would've never watched ST if my dad hadn't been a fan of the original series.

So what your saying is that it should just die out and noone new should ever see a ST episode or movie?

Originally posted by TKMaim

I think bringin in new people is great. Hell, I would've never watched ST if my dad hadn't been a fan of the original series.

So what your saying is that it should just die out and noone new should ever see a ST episode or movie?

"Wipe them out.......all of them!"

_Darth Sideous

Originally posted by darthgroovyii

"Wipe them out.......all of them!"

_Darth Sideous

Ummmm...it isn't the new people that dress up, it's the old people. So you want ST to attract new people, people who don't dress up :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Vestril

Ummmm...it isn't the new people that dress up, it's the old people. So you want ST to attract new people, people who don't dress up :rolleyes:

When I was a little boy I asked my mom about them once and she said that they were special and that they couldn't help it. I guess I am not supposed to make fun of them.

I have never dressed up as a fictional character. In days long gone, I wore tracksuits that reminded me of the outfits worn in that MASK cartoon, but that was it.

That being said, I am designing a jedi outfit to compliment the lightsaber I ordered. I'm sure the robe could double for a Romulan mercenary's cloak or something...

Never been to any kind of convention, ever.

Originally posted by Trahern Valley

I have never dressed up as a fictional character. In days long gone, I wore tracksuits that reminded me of the outfits worn in that MASK cartoon, but that was it.

That being said, I am designing a jedi outfit to compliment the lightsaber I ordered. I'm sure the robe could double for a Romulan mercenary's cloak or something...

Never been to any kind of convention, ever.

Never been to a convention either. Have a costume. It is the one pictured in my Avatar here. You are the first person I have ever heard of that made a costume to accompany the lightsaber, usually it is the other way around. I need to get my hands on a pair of Frank Thomas racing boots and a Darth Maul propsaber. All I have is the toy, but I need something more real.

Archived