Home

Hosted site question

ptdc

Well this is purely academic atm, since the hosted sites are nonexistant ( I think) but I have a question about content on my site.

First I was wondering what the term adventure covers. Is it restricted to point and click/ text etc adventures or does it cover RPGs too. After all what is an RPG if not a string of quests and adventures.

Second I was wondering if I have to make a complete game or a mod for an existing game, seeing as many adventures on the hosted sites are made with free engines they share code so in a sense may be considered mods (or am I pushing my luck ? :).

I'll get to the point then, at the moment I don't have much time to code and do the artwork etc for a full adventure so I was wandering if I could do a module for Neverwinter Nights and put it up if my site ever resurfaces.

On further investigation it appears that the hosted sites are back but not mine. It isn't officially up yet so that might be it. On the other hand it may be because I'm no longer hosted. If this is the case couldn't you at least told me?

Yeah, I know but it's an adventure game in that you have lots of adventures :) Also with the toolset you could engineer a module with no fighting and no levelling up. Mind you lots of text adventures had a points system.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived