Home

Do you think Darth Sidious is Palpatine?

Arkum

Do you think that Darth Sidious is Palpatine?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that Darth Sidious is Palpatine?

• Yes
    • No
    • I suspect that Vader is Luke\'s father (gasp!) = )

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course Sidious is Palpatine, if you don't think so, think about these.

- Sidious plans to conquer the Republic in ep 1,2 and 3. Palpatine is emperor and has defeated the republic.

- Sidious and emperor Palpatine where the same get up.

- Played by the same actor. :eek:

- Sidious is the master Dark lord of the Sith in 1,2,3 and Palpatine is the master Dark lord of the Sith also in 4,5 and 6 also.

- Their exactly the same.

With all the info we have how, I'd say it is a safe assumption, but then again, Lucas has a penchant for weird plot twists [Luke, I am your father :)] so I wouldn't be surprised if he did something similar in this regard.

it would seem obvious that palpatine is darth sidious, for that reason alone i believe he is not! george lucas never confimered or denied it, they cast the same actor but im not sure that its all that simple, i think that in ep3 we will all be shocked to see that they are different, it is possible that im completely wrong but i see little hints that palpatine and sidious are different, for instance in the new and revised character profile book sidious and palpatine have different heights! how do you explain that? george lucas has had a history of surprising and shocking viewers, who could forget the first time they saw darth vader say "no! I am your father!"

It's supposed to be obvious because otherwise, the plots of Episode I and Episode II make no sense... Palpatine and Sidious are either the same person, or two clones of the same person--and I think the latter option is just a little too much.

Jedi_Monk.jpg

Archived