Home

The Geonosian Arena WIP

DaJo Kesea

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can beta test it, and in the same process, give it a review on the JKII.Net News Page, so more people will be aware of the map.

My Systems include

RIG #1:

AthlonXP 1600

Asus A7v266-c System Board

512 MB DDR PC2100 RAM

60 GB Ultra/ATA100 7200RPM

40 GB Ultra/ATA100 7200 RPM

GeForce4 Ti4200 128 MB DDR

Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer

SSI 5.1 Surround Sound System

24x10x40 CDR/W

RIG#2

AMD DURON 850

256 MB SDRAM

14GB ATA66 5400RPM

Voodoo3 3000 (yes, it can run JO at 50FPS)

Integrated Audio

40X

RIG#3

AMD Athlon 900

A-Open Ak73 Series

448 MB PC-133

6GB ATA33 5400 RPM

14 GB ATA66 7200RPM

ATI Radeon 7200 64 MB DDR

Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer

52X CDROM

8x DVD-ROM

That way I can give different perspectives of how the map will run on different machines. So, just let me know if you want me to beta test it.

Originally posted by DarkLord60

Hey I have

PIII 850mhz 100mhz FSB

10x DVD

10GB hardrive

384mb sdram

XP professional

xtasy Geforce 4 420mx PCI (SUX because I only have PCI cause I bought comp from BEST BUY, I was using ATI radeon 7000 64ddr but that sucked big time!) My averrage framerate in JO is now 40fps

So anyway I guess I am screwed when it comes time to play this level! :(

I like what I see though:)

Well change that Now I am building new comp using parts from old and ordering new parts it going to be:

P4 1.8Ghz 400Mhz FSB

10x DVD

10 Gb Harddrive 5200 rpm (I don't have enough left to buy new hardrive)

256mb DDRAM PC2100

XP Professional

Xtasy Geforce 4 420 MX PCI (I didn't know I was going to build new comp and I just bought this video card a month ago, so I am going to wait tell I get about 300 bucks then I am going to get Geforce 4 TI 4600 AGP!!! Finally AGP yes!

Yay I am back in business!

Good for you DarkLord, I would never ever order a computer from a Dell, or a Gateway, or anybody similar, you never know what's gonna show up at your door.

I always build my own systems, and I even build them for my friends, that's how I got started in the computer buisness.

If you cant do it yourself, your 100x better off going down to your local mom and pop computer store and have them build it for you. You'll save alot of money, get exactly what you want, and have people who will actually remember you when you come in with your box for upgrades, repairs, ect.

Yeah, you hate to see this happen. Chances are it is related to his new computer, and the difficulties he expressed while creating this map using that hardware - at least thats what I'd like to believe. He certainly seemed dedicated to the project.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You look like you all have seen a ghost!

Yes, it's really me. I didn't die in a plane crash or get smothered in a winter storm. I just have been smothered with work, projects, job-related stuff, more projects, school, events, gatherings, meetings, more work, more school work, etc. It's been a heck of a long time since I've even touched Radiant, or seen this forum. But the one thing I have always loved about you guys compared to the others that populate the modelling forums and what not is that you are all civilized. I didn't see any comments like "You #@!%$^^&! Where's that map you promised?!" And I thank you!

Well, there's a light at the end of the tunnel for me. I graduate college in March, and I'm almost done this mammoth colorization project for my side job. This will free up my schedule tenfold! So, maybe...just maybe, if there's still a big interest in JKII, I'll come back to map-making for you all. :) Is Jedi Knight 2 still a game that many of you love?

I really have not yet made a name for myself, so I might put the Arena on the side for now and do something like a spectacular Coruscant map to get my skills in shape. I'm still having lots of trouble keeping the size of the maps on the low side (optimizing my work), and building circular things. But I'll keep at it. Maybe soon there will be a better version of the map-building software that allows cutting up cylindrical objects. Boy would that be helpful! For the arena, I need an inner wall ith entryways, but the whole darn map is circular, which causes lots of problems. Don't worry. Either by me or someone else, the Geonosian Arena will eventually be made correctly, in good detail.

Fatboy Roberts, your music kicks butt! I loaded Toonces' and Arco's Mace Windu into the Bespin level (excellent job on that model guys, but speaking as he dies is kind of odd), and then I loaded up that fight music track you gave me. Excellent stuff to fight with! As the music suddenly changes to the Anakin & Padme theme, you really feel like turning on red stance and heavily sparring with your opponent. Much fun! Great job mixing.

You still may not see me for a while, but I will be back in one way or another. Happy sabering!

Hey!

It's great to see you back!

Don't worry, JKII isn't dead yet, there's still some interest.

There's a new version of gtk out, so you may want to check that out, but it still doens't have the ability to cut patch meshes.

I hope you get this done eventually, I know what it's like to have a map that you haven't finished yet, it gets very annoying and weighs you down if you think about it too much.

Good luck with the Arena! Happy Mapping!

Archived