Home

Memories of Maul

Darth Groovy

*Gets free, big fight scene happens*

*chases after Dooku, gets stabbed in arm and leg*

*gets back to Coruscant, the end.*

Well this whole Attack of the clones/Dex thing has been fun, but the mods might see it as something bad.:p

i like darth maul and vader, i guess kun was cool too. bottom line is that they were fighters! not just wise old geezers who plan and plot and make others do their dirty work. im probably gonna get flamed for this but i like sithlords with some fighting honour! vader would rather have stood in the path of an army then have to sink to political subterfuge.

WHAT!!?? *boils with rage for about 5 minutes* Okay, I'm cool now. I disagree. I like the political, genius mastermind types. I mean, yeah, I like tough fighter guys, too, and I'd love Maul if he had more backstory/lines/ whatever. But, I'm just the kind of guy who doesn't like someone just because they have a double-bladed saber. Although Vader doesn't indulge into politics, he commands a large portion of the Empire, and seems to have the same military power as that of a Grand Admiral, or greater. Plus, he's pretty much the deepest character in the films, and he still has time to whip out a saber and kick some ass.

Tyranus is a good fighter, too. When he was a Jedi, he didn't concentrate on meditation or the Republic. He was a master fencer. So if fighters are your taste, you should definitely have Tyranus on your list. Hopefully, Sidious will have a good fighting scene in Episode III so he can be on your list, too.

Obi- wan13's story was compelling, and would make a great EU novel/comic book/video game/franchise.

Any way I wanted to share my memorie of Maul. All of my life I have been influenced by scary guys who where black. I really can't explain it. First it was Darth Vader, and for years I followed in his footsteps(his feet are really big by the way), howeve I could never fill his costume.( I am only about 5' 7", plus I could never build one that looked right.) Then came Batman around the end of the 80's. Dark, black, mysterious, and had a car the chicks would die for. Plus he had money! Those shoes were to easy to fill but the costume was a bust because for the next 2 years everyone was Batman, so there was no contest. Then after I grow out of childhood, fast forward to 1999. Out of the desert of Tattoine comes this menacing hooded dark warrior, who has twice the gadjets of Batman, including probe droids, a spaceship, macrobinoculars, and a sythe shaped Harley. He's shorter than me, (at least he looks that way on screen) he's got a pierced ear, tattoos, and knows enough martial arts to make Jet Lee run like hell. And of course.........the double saber!!! And not only that but finally I had found a costume that fit me, and I have been him every Halloween since!! I feel that his lack of dialouge made him more interesting, but I have to agree that in the end it was his overconfidence that got him killed. Had I been Darth Maul I would have Force choked Obi when he was in that pit instead of wasting my energy chopping away with a broken lightsaber.

Archived