Home

Luke Skywalker is a jedi? Hell no!!!

Throno-Denkai

He is not a jedi, he is just a guy with his fathers lightsaber. He cant be a jedi with two or three month training. Lets look at Anakin Skywalker, in episode 2, he was trained like 10 years and he wasnt still enough for an actual mission, using the force or controlling his feelings. The lesson Luke got from Obi-wan was like couple of hours and it was only about reflecting blasts, not about force or crap. Yodas lesson was about force but it was for like couple of days and in the end, Luke still wasnt able to move his X-Fighter. He faced with Vader, his ass got kicked, he saved Han and returned to Yodas swamp, but Yoda died. What now? Funny part is he did beat Vader at the second time, probably George Lucas wasnt that Star Wars smart at that time. Well, Palpatine beat Luke with his lightning force, if Luke was strong, he could stand to that lightning. The one who killed Palpatine was Vader but he also got hurt from lightning when he grabbed Palpatine. Also, after he beat Vader, he threw his lightsaber, a jedi never should throw his lightsaber away, because his all life is that lightsaber. Never mind of this, what am i trying to say is that Luke cannot be a jedi with a weak training like this. What do you think, i want to see what others say, its bs, its right whatever, just say what do you think about Luke being a jedi?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Throno-Denkai

, he could join to the dark side like his father.

he did join the dark side like his father. In the EU anways. (Dark Horse Comics : Dark Empire)

It's really good comics. Check it out if you haven't already.

Hmm, i ll check it out, there are plenty SW comcis that talks about after episode 6. Anakin had a strong dark force inside him, he didnt choose to be in the dark side, his force made him. What i believe is if you have a dark force or light force inside you, you cant change that, what i really think is, he really did join dark force.

Originally posted by obi-wan13

he did join the dark side like his father. In the EU anways. (Dark Horse Comics : Dark Empire)

It's really good comics. Check it out if you haven't already.

Yeah but he came out from the DARK SIDE! AH! unlike he's father, he did just before he ws going to die. But luke.. nope.. he came out alive, and learned the experience of the dark side

How did the very first Force-user learn how to harness the Force? The Force guides them itself when no other guidence is present. If the Force wants him to be a Jedi, he's a Jedi. BTW, the only reason Luke was owned by Palpatine's lightning is because he threw away his lightsaber to make a point to his daddy. Lightsabers absorb Force lightning, afterall ;)

One thing I will say, though... the Luke Skywalker of the EU is no Jedi.

Jedi_Monk.jpg

Well, the Jedi Order is diferent in Luke Generation.

Luke Skywalker Generation

-Anybody with any age can be train as a Jedi

-They can get married and have childrens

Obi-Wan Kenobi Generation

-Seems like only take infant as a student

-Jedi can know no LOVE

Still, I love both New Jedi Order & Old Jedi Order

It wasn't defeating a Sith Lord that made him a Jedi... he only did that by turning to the Dark Side, himself. What made him a Jedi was coming back to the Light. Yoda said "If once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny..." well, Luke was on the Dark Path for much of RotJ, and yet he was able to break away, showing his mettle.

Jedi_Monk.jpg

Originally posted by Jedi_Monk

It wasn't defeating a Sith Lord that made him a Jedi... he only did that by turning to the Dark Side, himself. What made him a Jedi was coming back to the Light. Yoda said "If once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny..." well, Luke was on the Dark Path for much of RotJ, and yet he was able to break away, showing his mettle.

Jedi_Monk.jpg

well said, bro.

I don't think Luke was goin down the dark side in ROTJ, though. he was during the saber fight, I'll give you that. But he did manage to calm himself by throwing down his saber. The reason that Luke had to fight Vader to become a jedi is that he was somewhat afraid of what his father had become, and had to overcome it. He also didn't want to dedicate himself too much so that he would have to face his father. He overcame that as well.

Originally posted by Kyth'emos

He won against a sith lord, and Yoda said that once he faced Vader he would be a Jedi and he did, when the greatest jedi ever says you are a Jedi you usually are.

Well, that just about sums it up. With canonical evidence, no less. ;):D

A lot of people might disagree with me, but I think Luke is awesome Jedi material. I mean, yeah, he whines, but so does Anakin (especially in Episode I.) Any other Jedi with such little training as Luke wouldn't even be able to swing a lightsaber without cutting himself in half (I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea.) In addition, he's about 20 when he starts training, while old Jedi start at birth. Give him 10 years of training and you've got another Yoda on your hands (I'm not thinking of EU here, I don't have enough info about Luke on that.) So, yeah, he's not tough in ROTJ, but I think you guys need to cut him some slack and give him credit for being such a fast learner. Anyone agree with me here?

The best jedis I ever saw are Qui-gon and obi-wan. They know what are they doing, they dont let their feelings take them over and make them suffer, what ever happens, they move on and they dont give up. I believe this also includes the every member of old jedi council but we didnt actually saw them in action, so i say Qui-gon and Obi-wan. Luke also makes the right choices alot of times but his feelings can take over him really easily. In episode 5, he knew his friends were the bait but he cut his training for them and just went right into the trap. It didnt change anything for his friends, they could get away by themselves, but it changed alot for Luke. He learned that Vader was his father, which makes it hard to face with him again and not to mention that he lost his hand. Thats not jedi habit man!

Archived