Home

Luke Skywalker is a jedi? Hell no!!!

Throno-Denkai

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by obi-wan13

Luke had a few years to train to be a Jedi, and the force was already very strong with him.

Hey, Kyle Katarn found a lightsaber in the closet, and he was suddenly a jedi!!!

I found my lightsaber at Kaybee toys for $10 and I was sure I was a Jedi until someone told me that Jedi can't use red sabers so there is my life story!

Originally posted by Throno-Denkai

He is not a jedi, he is just a guy with his fathers lightsaber. He cant be a jedi with two or three month training. Lets look at Anakin Skywalker, in episode 2, he was trained like 10 years and he wasnt still enough for an actual mission, using the force or controlling his feelings. The lesson Luke got from Obi-wan was like couple of hours and it was only about reflecting blasts, not about force or crap. Yodas lesson was about force but it was for like couple of days and in the end, Luke still wasnt able to move his X-Fighter. He faced with Vader, his ass got kicked, he saved Han and returned to Yodas swamp, but Yoda died. What now? Funny part is he did beat Vader at the second time, probably George Lucas wasnt that Star Wars smart at that time. Well, Palpatine beat Luke with his lightning force, if Luke was strong, he could stand to that lightning. The one who killed Palpatine was Vader but he also got hurt from lightning when he grabbed Palpatine. Also, after he beat Vader, he threw his lightsaber, a jedi never should throw his lightsaber away, because his all life is that lightsaber. Never mind of this, what am i trying to say is that Luke cannot be a jedi with a weak training like this. What do you think, i want to see what others say, its bs, its right whatever, just say what do you think about Luke being a jedi?

aye aye + anakin is a slow learner :-p

There's always somebody around here ready to discredit EU this or that. That amuses me since tons of EU material makes it's way into Fat-Boy's (Lucas's nickname from me) movies. Take Coruscant for example. It's smeared all over the new movies like a bad rash. Where did it come from? EU. I could go on to mention swoop bikes, names that are given to otherwise unknown and barley seen characters, but there's no need. It should only take a minute or two for someone to post a "as far as SW goes, EU is canon. There's only one man in my book" type reply.

Yeah, only one man. Right. One man that pays other people to draw, animate, build models, completely think up on their own characters, write music, while he sits back and counts his money (and writes $#!+ for movies.)

"Lucas even said himself he doesn't give a hoot what EU says." Well, when he sells the rights to his characters to a publishing company and author, and the publisher and author start making money from his property, you can rest assured he gives a hoot. He wants his piece of the action. He certainly seems to give a hoot when he wants to steal an idea or two from EU.

If you bought a computer from Gateway, and put alot of things into your computer, games, music, software, hardware upgrades etc, and you came home one day to find Billy Gates erasing all your data, and about to take a screwdriver to your tower to take out your upgraded hardware, because it didn't fit into the scope of his "original vision" of your machine you'd be pissed. Might I add you'd be highly pissed. That's how I get everytime I read that Fat-Boy took another crap on EU.

Hell, I like EU BETTER than the movies anyway. The movies have so many holes in them both visually and story wise you could make a flute out of them. I mainly use the movies as a visual referance anymore. I still like them, and watch them fairly regularly and will continue to do so. But I won't base what I like about Star Wars on what Fat Boy wants to butcher and or call canon. Whatever the hell "canon's" supposed to mean. I like it all, so screw you Fat Boy!

Woah, calm down, CapN.

*Lunatic injects CapN with some of the valium he keeps on hand. As CC dozes off, Lunatic flashes a grin and runs off, dropping a card containing his opinion on the discussion as he does.*

"Its true, Luke was a whiny moisture farmer from some backwater puddlestone of a planet, and he'd had very little training, and he was probably also quite disturbed by the mental anguish of knowing his father was a horrible, horrible... thingy... CUT HIM SOME SLACK BECAUSE IF IT WASN'T FOR HIM THE JEDI NEVER WOULD HAVE MADE A COMEBACK AFTER THE PURGE! :mad:

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

There's always somebody around here ready to discredit EU this or that. That amuses me since tons of EU material makes it's way into Fat-Boy's (Lucas's nickname from me) movies. Take Coruscant for example. It's smeared all over the new movies like a bad rash. Where did it come from? EU. I could go on to mention swoop bikes, names that are given to otherwise unknown and barley seen characters, but there's no need. It should only take a minute or two for someone to post a "as far as SW goes, EU is canon. There's only one man in my book" type reply.

Yeah, only one man. Right. One man that pays other people to draw, animate, build models, completely think up on their own characters, write music, while he sits back and counts his money (and writes $#!+ for movies.)

"Lucas even said himself he doesn't give a hoot what EU says." Well, when he sells the rights to his characters to a publishing company and author, and the publisher and author start making money from his property, you can rest assured he gives a hoot. He wants his piece of the action. He certainly seems to give a hoot when he wants to steal an idea or two from EU.

If you bought a computer from Gateway, and put alot of things into your computer, games, music, software, hardware upgrades etc, and you came home one day to find Billy Gates erasing all your data, and about to take a screwdriver to your tower to take out your upgraded hardware, because it didn't fit into the scope of his "original vision" of your machine you'd be pissed. Might I add you'd be highly pissed. That's how I get everytime I read that Fat-Boy took another crap on EU.

Hell, I like EU BETTER than the movies anyway. The movies have so many holes in them both visually and story wise you could make a flute out of them. I mainly use the movies as a visual referance anymore. I still like them, and watch them fairly regularly and will continue to do so. But I won't base what I like about Star Wars on what Fat Boy wants to butcher and or call canon. Whatever the hell "canon's" supposed to mean. I like it all, so screw you Fat Boy!

Actually Coruscant was mentioned in the novelizations of the original trilogy being episodes IV through VI, so read them and weep.

y not?

Let's just say... no Prequel-era Jedi would be unable to use the Force just because he had a little headache. Luke also got married (big no-no in the true Jedi Order), built his Jedi "Academy" (my eyes are rolling, now) in a Temple that was actually posessed by the spirit of a Dark Lord of the Sith (way to pay attention to your surroundings, Lukey-boy) and about 50% of his students turn to the Dark Side. Oh... and he can't use the Force to his full potential because he's afraid it will make him turn to the Dark Side (Fear leads to anger! Anger leads to hate! Hate leads... to suffering...). He also turned the Jedi Order into something little better than a military militia.

Hell, I like EU BETTER than the movies anyway.

Then revealed, your opinion is! Corrupted by the EU have you become! The Dark Side I feel in you! :syoda:

Jedi_Monk.jpg

Originally posted by darthgroovyii

Actually Coruscant was mentioned in the novelizations of the original trilogy being episodes IV through VI, so read them and weep.

Even if that were true, which I know it is NOT, (Coruscant first appeared in the Heir to the Empire trilogy by Tim Zahn) it would only go further to prove my point since Fat Boy didn't write ANY of the novels for IV-VI. Read THAT and weep, sucka. Coruscant wasn't mentioned in any OT novel until Fat Boy came out with that sorry ass ROTJ Special Edition and the novels that accompanied them.

Even if that were true, which I know it is NOT, (Coruscant first appeared in the Heir to the Empire trilogy by Tim Zahn) it would only go further to prove my point since Fat Boy didn't write ANY of the novels for IV-VI. Read THAT and weep, sucka. Coruscant wasn't mentioned in any OT novel until Fat Boy came out with that sorry ass ROTJ Special Edition and the novels that accompanied them.

Well actually Lucas told Zahn to create Coruscant, I believe he even gave him a choice of several names.

This link is from the official Star Wars site and should settle everything.

http://www.starwars.com/eu/feature/20000807/index.html

It's about the creation of Coruscant. Yes, it existed in the first drafts of Star Wars as an un-named capital world, but Lucas never got around to doing anything with it. Then Timothy Zahn took it upon his hands to name it Coruscant and develop the planet more.

As for the EU/movie debate, I take the films over the EU, but I like them both. Both have its flaws and holes.

CapNColostomy,

Preach it! Timothy Zahn and Micheal Stackpole's works are a hell of a lot better than the movies, and actually do something to flesh out the universe. And I'll even commit the ultimate blasphemy here: I LIKE THE JEDI ACADEMY TRILOGY! I haven't read the other KJA EU books though.

Favorite EU book: I,Jedi.

Love it. It is awesome. I like the Jedi series too. It's just I have one problem: How could that small little dog thingy(What's his name?) use the force? I just think it's funny to see a dog(what is his species, as well??) force-push something, or do a force jump, or mind trick.

"You WILL bring me the kibbles-n-bits."

Originally posted by JaseP

Palpatine also calls him a Jedi.

"You've failed your highness. I'm a Jedi,... Like my father before me..."

"... So be it,... JEDI!!!"

Well I thik Palpatine was mocking Luke not actually admitting he was a jedi, but still Yoda said if he faced Vader he would be a jedi, and he faced Vader so he IS a jedi.

I don't think the question is was he a jedi, I think you should be asking how good of a Jedi or what his ranking was. My guess is he was just a Padawan. (compared to old republic standards) Vader really wasn't that much of a challenge. Think about a machine with asthma. That's pretty weak no matter how high the midchlorian count. However, I think Luke was good enough to take the trials at least. He probably wouldn't make it though. His training is so slim and inefficient. I don't care how many lightsabers he built.:D speaking of Luke's saber, damn that thing is gay! especially compared to the prequel sabers.

Oh and another thing does anyone else just hate the style of JO because it just doesn't seem to fit into the SW universe at all. everything looks like s***.

New and old jedi conditions are different, lets take a look:

Before Vader

1- I dont have time for women, i must train

2- My friends are in danger but i cant save them, i am the only hope.

3- Dont try to make me angry, you cant.

4- Enemy is strong, we must watch enemies every moves, attack smartly and stick together.

5- Enemies Force is strong, i must be careful.

6- We are the protectors of the galaxy.

After Vader

1- Nothing is wrong with being a woman, sometimes you gotto relax.

2- My friends are in danger, i dont give a damn if I am the only hope, I am gonna save them.

3- You are making me angry, ill kick your ass!

4- Enemy is strong, but lets go for it and kick enemys ass. BANZAAAAAAI.

5- Enemies Force is strong but i can beat him.

6- We are the heroes of the galaxy.

Luke is on the After Vader part. You decide.

Archived