Home

It's ALL GOOD!

Dark_ZONE

I went on a server last night with no force powers and no Saber throw. It was great fun to actually play on that map with the streets (catwalks) and not be pushed/pulled/griped to your death at every turn. I actually Dueled this guy TWICE on the wall. We faced off, and when we passed each other for a saber slash . . we did it on the wall. It looked so cool, and was very fun. Next map, I had my Bearings . . I was able to get used to fighting without throwing. BIGGEST problem was the friggin DFA spammers. It's easy enough to move out of the way, but Come ON!! . . Over and over again . . I would kick them, but I think you have to wait until they stand up from the finishing animation . . Am I right? I had dominated every fight, because people would actually change stances to give me more of a variety and they were really close fights. More then once I was down to 2 HP left!! I managed to win EVERY one . . UNTIL. I had been fighting some truly great players but this guy comes up and I guess he decides to represent the server (the server was OMNI something . . for the OMNI CLAN). He gets up there, and challenged me. I had 100HP and 25SHLDS . . I bowed and looked up to DFA coming my way!! Every one else had Bowed so I thought . . .

Anyway, I quickly jumped out of the way but took a good hit . . bringing me down to 34HP . . I managed to make the match last, but he beat me. I told him GF, then said I Would like to try that again. Next time I think he thought I wouldn't BOW. I did (my perogative) and he quickly moved in for the attack againg . I side stepped and lunged, but Didn't make contact . . :( We traded blows, but I could tell that he was fast becoming my BITCH. I kicked him MANY times! . . I yellow sabered him with a side slash and he was still trying that stupid DFA!! He was really good with it too. Then he jumped up to narrow walk way and kept calling me up (he must have been around 5-2 HP). I went up and as soon as I reached the top he was in the air in another DFA!! . . no where to go so I dodged side-ways off the narrow walk-way. It caused me some Good damage when I landed, and i looked up to see him beckoning me AGAIN! . . what a retard!! I told him "you can do your damn DFA down here and finish the fight like a man!" then I got a "SERVER disconnected" error . . . He booted me!! OMFG . . He booted me because I was winning! . . I enjoyed the fighting and would try a similar server out (Needs Saber throw to keep down the DFA spamming) but I am not going back to OMNI.

ANy way . . just an observation from a NEWBIE . .

I couldn't agree more: NF but with full jump is the funniest - The jump allows you to reach spectacular dueling places.

And or course - It allows you to kick each other, which add a whole new depth to the duel unless it degrades into a kickmatch.

It's so retarded to see someone frantically trying to kick you, but with you sidestepping all the time - just because you sidekicked him while he made a yellow finisher. I think people need to loosen up on the kicks - "trading kicks" aren't fun in the overall scheme of dueling.

And for the last time to those spammers: Backstabs and kicks *prove* nothing. They look good on your own selfish scoreboard, but it takes a lot more to impress me.

Big melee battles with NF really aren't that much fun. Course they aren't fun in force battles either but at least the crowd gets thinned out fast after a few folks get knocked down.

But NF, it just turns into a big smear of saber lightning and parried blows.. I hate it.

1v1 NF fights are a ton of fun though.. 2v1 can be pretty cool too. Really starts to identify who's good with a saber, and not just backstabs.

Originally posted by Xzzy

Big melee battles with NF really aren't that much fun. Course they aren't fun in force battles either but at least the crowd gets thinned out fast after a few folks get knocked down.

But NF, it just turns into a big smear of saber lightning and parried blows.. I hate it.

1v1 NF fights are a ton of fun though.. 2v1 can be pretty cool too. Really starts to identify who's good with a saber, and not just backstabs.

I agree on that. I usually only play SO NF servers, and dueling on them is the funnest part. There's always a big rowdy crowd duking out in some open area, and you cant do much except pick off the ones that stray away from the crowd, or continously DFA or Med special them hoping to get a kill. It's just a big mess. :D

Originally posted by cjais

LOL, yeah the big melee fights are a chore in 1.03 with all the parrying - hence i only play duel, where skill is somewhat rewarded.

Saberonly with NF in FFA is tedious to say the least.

i agree, in FFA having force is good;)

i mainly play duel, but sometimes i'll go onto a Jedi vrs Merc server or a CTF

you can probably guess what duel servers i play on (if not read my sig you stupid idiot!:D)

Archived