Home

Good Luck!

Guest Metallus

Guest Metallus

Woah, that's refreshing to hear on this forum. I thought SW fans and adventure fans hated each other :). I wasn't sure what the reaction was going to be when I showed up here.

Guest Tie Guy

Welcome Metallus.

Where'd you get that idea. I love the Star Wars games, but i also liked Sam and Max, Grim Fandango, and Day of the Tentacle.

Guest Metallus

heh, it was at the LEC Chat event. All the SW fans put me on ignore when I asked about adventure games. I was disheartened to say the least.

Guest Tie Guy

Oh yeah, i forgot about the Monkey Island series. I've played the first and the last ones, and i like them a lot. Whoever made those has a good sense of humor.

Guest Metallus

I have a signed copy of the last Monkey Island game. I won it from Mixnmojo a few months ago. I've been an adventure gamer for awhile, but the first LEC game I played was X-wing :). Or maybe it was Maniac Mansion when I was 6. I don't remember it too well.

Guest Tie Guy

Man, i barely have enough time to play tennis, and post at RS.net, JK.net and here. Thanks anyways though.

Maybe someone else wil take you up on your offer.

Guest ZeroXcape

Metallus, I love your avatar... I'm eventually going to change mine to an image of Manny. Just got to find the right picture first :trooper:

Guest Metallus

Zero! nice to see you, man. I've been missing you at the GFN. About the avatar, I stole it from the GF Forums, heh.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Metallus

Heh, the Escape from Monkey Island Engine is just a bastardized GF engine. SCUMM, the engine used to make every Adventure game except EMI and GF was very nice and was used for many years before LEC adopted LUA.

If there was a SW adventure game, would you prefer 2D or 3D?

2D. all the way. Most 3D adventures i've seen simply don't have the charm because of their engine. Indy and the Fate of Atlantis is the prime example of how to make a good 2D adventure. The SCUMM-system in my mind was a bit trying at times, but a lot better than those one-button-systems that require no thinking at all.

• 3 months later...

I must agree agree with you, SCUMM system rules. 2D gives another atmosphere, to adventure games, that 3D doesn't have. Anyway, there are also nice adventure games in 3D like Grim Fandango...

Escape from Monkey Island was also nice, but the other three Monkey Island games were much better (in my humble opinion).

BTW: nice to see an adventure game thread on a Star Wars forum. :)

Archived