Home

Super-Gay Move

TangledThorns

I was playing CTF on the NS map and saw the absolute gayest thing that could totally ruin this game. I'd push an oppenent off into a deep chasm but I then hear these constant grunts and I see that biznitch making these jerking moves into a ledge corner, baiscally saving himself from the fall. OMG, it was sooo gay! Man, and I thought the backstabs would ruin this game but watching that glide or whatever you wanna call it just takes the cake. Thank goodness Americas Army is out, now I can spend some time on a real game. I dont really blame the players, I blame Raven for allowing such crap to go on. :mad:

I see that done constantly, especially together with a DFA that someone tries to place from some higher ground to a lower place. They slow down midair with a crouching script (repeated jumps alternated with crouches I think, repeated loads and loads).

Any HL mod does a better job regarding exploit prevention than raven does at the moment. Really great.

Arker

no script required... it's a silly move, just jump from a height (it takes a while to kick in), but in blue stance just hold forward+crouch+attack and you'll do this move... it's really silly, but quite useless if you're dueling (which is what i play) so ppl jus do it for a bit of comic relief every now and then...

Sorry, but I'm on V1.03 and I can still do it.

Especially useful on the Nar Shadaa CTF map when you jump from the platform at the back onto the sloped sides of the building and from there do a full jump and then the lunge...

If done right you can get all the way to the corner before you land.

It's very useful on the mod map with the moving skiffs too...

You can get all the way to the center building without using the skiff...

It's definately a bug, but personally I never liked the idea of not being able to do ANYTHING when thrown off a ledge but die. I'd love to see a cable gun or something, so you could fire it off and swing from bridge to bridge. Give it a limited range, even allow it to tie up targets (ala Boba and Jango Fett), but I think it'd be a VERY cool addition.

Originally posted by tempest8008

Sorry, but I'm on V1.03 and I can still do it.

That is not what I said. I said 1.03A, a "patch/mod" compiled thingie, I don't know what to call it. In that, you can't do an air-lunge - you'll end up looking like a spastic seizure case.

The move when watched, it just looks so stupid. Sure you may be saving your character's life but its done at a total expense of other players. I can do it but I wont. I do like a grappling cable idea but it'd be kinda useless if you use force powers. Maybe in a mod or something.

Got news for you PAL.

I would be MORE ticked if it were removed. This is a FICTIONAL game based on Star Wars Jedi Knights. If any thing Raven should have made a move where a Jedi could slow his decent using the force . . Like PUSHING towards the ground or something . . . (this move with LUNGE in mid air is a sad but neccesary move to slow you from falling)

You have these warriors that can Jump two stories and pull men from ledges,yet they can't slow their fall with the force. I'll be happy when the invent a MOD that allows you to PULL/PUSH debris that is on the map, like they have shown in just about every Star Wars MOVIE . .

True, but with force jump you can already jump and land at heights that would severely injure a normal person.

Force jump also helps to survive longer falls. And roll on the floor when landing to take a bite off the damage or completely remove it.

But I agree with you about that a jedi should use push on the ground to slow his descent.

> And roll on the floor when landing to take a bite off

> the damage or completely remove it.

Interestingly enough, you can completely avoid damage from a fall by tapping jump before walking off a ledge.

meaning if you were to just run off the edge of a platform, you'd take damgae when you hit the ground. Tap jump and the force jump code kicks in, and even though you fall the same distance, you take no damage.

Originally posted by Dark_ZONE

Got news for you PAL.

I would be MORE ticked if it were removed. This is a FICTIONAL game based on Star Wars Jedi Knights. If any thing Raven should have made a move where a Jedi could slow his decent using the force . . Like PUSHING towards the ground or something . . . (this move with LUNGE in mid air is a sad but neccesary move to slow you from falling)

You have these warriors that can Jump two stories and pull men from ledges,yet they can't slow their fall with the force. I'll be happy when the invent a MOD that allows you to PULL/PUSH debris that is on the map, like they have shown in just about every Star Wars MOVIE . .

yes, that does make sense, in every star wars book they talk about it....and the chase scene in EP II, i doubt they were falling at full speed.....they'd be dead if they were....

If they could push up from the ground then what would good would the chasms be? This game isnt supposed to be 'realistic' or be enitirely true to Star Wars. Did you ever see force drain in the movies? No? I didnt think so. I think the N00Bs are just sick of being forced push into deep chasms, which is my favorite tactic by the way, just need a lame game exploit or bug to prevent their sad but although amusing deaths.

Originally posted by TangledThorns

If they could push up from the ground then what would good would the chasms be? This game isnt supposed to be 'realistic' or be enitirely true to Star Wars. Did you ever see force drain in the movies? No? I didnt think so. I think the N00Bs are just sick of being forced push into deep chasms, which is my favorite tactic by the way, just need a lame game exploit or bug to prevent their sad but although amusing deaths.

if it was my way it wouldn't be you could push yourself up and out of the hole, just slow down your decent so that you don't take damage, or as much damage

On certain FFA/CTF maps you could slow down, I guess that'd be ok. But others like NS and Bespin, the chams are too deep and there are no spots to jump out. I think a grappling hook would be kooler though for saving yourself from a fall. But I think that may be to Batman-ish.

Originally posted by TangledThorns

On certain FFA/CTF maps you could slow down, I guess that'd be ok. But others like NS and Bespin, the chams are too deep and there are no spots to jump out. I think a grappling hook would be kooler though for saving yourself from a fall. But I think that may be to Batman-ish.

there already is a grappling hook mod

Lithium mod for quake2 was always my favorite.. dunno how well it would work in jk2 (maybe in NF it would be cool), but the dizzying action of people flying around with grappling hooks was a crapload of fun.

A well done, vertical based map done with the bespin texture set would be really cool.. maybe something like that single player level where you're climbing up the red vent on those little elevators, with weird arms extending towards the middle.

Tarzan based swordfighting.. mm.. that would rule. ;)

i wasn't disputing or questioning that one existed.

I was pontificating on what would make one fun.

If it's like most grapple mods, as well, it doesn't implement physics too well.. you can't swing from the grapple for example.

Being able to implement vine-swinging type physics would actually give the idea of saber fighting in midair a boost.

Archived