Home

Why do they yell at me? (JK++ server)

QuietSith

I use the JK 2 ++ mod on my server.

Two major changes on the server:

Backtab sweep is basically non-functional, and backstab takes like about 3 times to do any worthwhile damage.

I turned off force lightening too. It's way too spammed until it's fixed via the mod.

People get on the server and rant about how lightening is turned off and how they can't do the sweep backstab and normal backstab.

The other 98% enjoy the fact I did disabled it and that people can't sweep and backstab.

The other thing is I often monitor the server, and if someone goes around killing people saber down or chat box up, I warn them about 3 times and then kick them - or they use the saber down to trick people into not fighting them while they toss them off ledges.

I have a program that runs and sends these messages to the server, every 20 minutes, in color:

"Welcome To Rage and Honor! A JK 2 ++ Mod Server!

No Chat box Killing! Do not attack others with their chat box up, or abuse your chat box to trick them into not attacking.

Do not use offensive names! Offensive names include any form of racism, sexism, or anything vulgar.

Do not Assfight! Assfighting is when someone is often running around backwards trying to constantly sweep and/or backstab.

Do not attack others with your saber down (kicking, force powers, etc) or their saber down! Saber Up = Attack, Saber Down = peace!

Come To Our Server Website, Get Custom Maps, and Participate On Our Forum! http://www.codesilver.com/rageandhonor/

Enter /cg_dismember 300 in the console to enable full dismemberment.

*Warning* If you spectate for more than 5 minutes the server automatically boots you off.

Force Lightening has been disabled until the next version of the mod it's too spammable right"

So why do they get on and stick around and go off on me and rant about the settings and rules?

How many other JK 2 servers are there?

Sheesh... :rolleyes:

Just venting ...

NP by me, I hate morons as much as the next guy... me I'd tell um to drop dead and then after a kick, if they come back, IP ban them... its your server after all...

what worse is trying to get a guy to follow the rules on a semi pub server with no admin on.... :rolleyes:

you want a sugestion for your mod? add it so users can vote ban players...;):cool:

It's not my mod, sorry if I gave that impression.

I agree with the kick ban feature would be nice, I think they are going to add that.

Check it out:

http://dev.wdonline.com/jk2pp/#leftChange

It would probably have to keep a different ban log file because the Q3 engine only lets you ban so many IP's until it maxes out.

Also, it'd be nice to turn off certain voting features, like certain maps or gametypes.

Hrm, that's a good idea.. can you contact me via PM so we can keep in touch?

I'm interested in the feedback you get.

Or sign up to my server forum and we can discuss admin stuff there.

I'm not too picky aslong as the topics don't offend people. :)

BTW - this is the program I use to post rules and stuff.

Pretty nice program, the author is gonna add a features and make it so it minimizes at the tray icon - near the system clock, etc:

"Server Messaging 2.1

by: aphextwin | June 23, 2002

Server Messaging 2.1 is a windows program designed to broadcast messages at pre-determind intervals to your server. Type in the IP, Port and Rcon Password of your server, set a time interval add your messages and thats it. Server Messaging can then be minimized to the taskbar and it will continually broadcast your messages to your server until you stop it. You can also send automated server status commands to your server at pre-determind intervals, this is handy for collecting player ip's for player banning. If your server is running on linux you just need access to a windows machine that has an internet connection, setup Server Messaging and thats it!

Download Server Messaging 2.1 Full from Game Admins

Download Server Messaging 2.1 update from Game Admins

Server Messaging

As always I am open to feedback, requests, observations, bugs! etc."

http://runner.gameadmins.com/

Hillarious.. we gotta keep in touch. :p

Do you use a server side mod on your server?

BTW - the same guy that hosts my server's forums and web space does it for free to the gaming community.

Let me know and I can hook you up.

Originally posted by DiscoFever

cool server, mind if I ask what it is?

finally a server where if your saber is down, NO ONE ATTACKS!

after a day of this happening I am sick of JKII mp already

atleast it gives me an idea for a mod...

Currently the server is JK 2 Linux, dedicated, using the JK 2 ++ mod.

No saber down attacking.. that's just a rule.

Basically - saber down means peace for both parties.

So a person can't go attacking others with saber down, nor can others attack them with saber down.

What kind of mod?

Don't forget the 1.03a source code that nerfs assfighting. :)

I'd love to see a mod where the person gets killed if they kill others who have saber down.

Welcome to the joys of ADMIN!

Seriously, it sucks, you wonder why you put the damn thing up to begin with. I know I am.

I'm in a poisition trying to decide wether to stay with the game or not. I loved 1.02, my server is 1.02, I was an admin on another 1.02 server, the owner just pulled the plug and made it a CS server, I took the first part of the name of his server (haha) but it's still empty. I dunno.

I even set up a killer rotation swaping between TFFA, FFA and CTF, some with force powers and some without, but no help. I'm going on vacation for a week and I've got to decide whether to keep it 1.02 or try u1.04 or JK2++ or something. I'll try it on yours and see how I like it.

Good luck, owning a server can be a bitch, people don't appreciate sh1t. If you need any help with the noobs, I'm experienced, and interested in finding out if I like admining a 1.03 based server more. 1.02 sucked ass on the server side with a busted up rcon.

Remind me not to join your server. No offense, but sounds like of boring to me.

But run your server however you want to, it's your right.

If people don't like it, they can always join another server or create their own, with rules they like.

taking away lgihtinng is a bit nasty don't you think?

And backstabbing is some people's pride and glory but i won't join your server, making it even more likely there wil lbe more lgihties, starting to get even more unbalanced.

Originally posted by QuietSith

What kind of mod?

Don't forget the 1.03a source code that nerfs assfighting. :)

I'd love to see a mod where the person gets killed if they kill others who have saber down.

yep, that's my mod, if your saber is down after say about 3 seconds and your killed after that, they person who kills you also gets killed

the 3 seconds is to stop people from being *******s, and switching their sabers off to get the other person killed

Originally posted by Lord Sokar

Good luck, owning a server can be a bitch, people don't appreciate sh1t.

Preach it on brother!!! SO TRUE!!!

Originally posted by Kurgan

If people don't like it, they can always join another server or create their own, with rules they like.

If only others could state their opinions in this tactfull way, this Community would be so much more enjoyable! Way to set the example Kurgan!

:dsaber:

Originally posted by DiscoFever

yep, that's my mod, if your saber is down after say about 3 seconds and your killed after that, they person who kills you also gets killed

the 3 seconds is to stop people from being *******s, and switching their sabers off to get the other person killed

Nice feature, got a link to it?

Originally posted by Kurgan

Well we do have lots of rules, true.

I'm now running a different server side mod that, and I maybe to turn lightening back on - fully restoring everything.

Assfighting is still nerfed because it uses the new source code.

Originally posted by Lord Sokar

Seriously, it sucks, you wonder why you put the damn thing up to begin with. I know I am.

I'm in a poisition trying to decide wether to stay with the game or not. I loved 1.02, my server is 1.02, I was an admin on another 1.02 server, the owner just pulled the plug and made it a CS server, I took the first part of the name of his server (haha) but it's still empty. I dunno.

I even set up a killer rotation swaping between TFFA, FFA and CTF, some with force powers and some without, but no help. I'm going on vacation for a week and I've got to decide whether to keep it 1.02 or try u1.04 or JK2++ or something. I'll try it on yours and see how I like it.

Good luck, owning a server can be a bitch, people don't appreciate sh1t. If you need any help with the noobs, I'm experienced, and interested in finding out if I like admining a 1.03 based server more. 1.02 sucked ass on the server side with a busted up rcon.

Yah, I'm using this Admin Mod now.

It has very nice server admin features:

http://vulcanus.its.tudelft.nl/mars/jk2/mod/

Latest version (look in the cfg) supports sub admin (admins without using server's rcon password supposedly):

http://www.vulcanus.net/mars/jk2/mod/vadminmod17.zip

Archived