Home

Movie moves . . .

Dark_ZONE

Okay, I may say I love Star Wars, but I am in no way a complete lost soul to the movies.

Sure I have seen the first three (4,5 and 6) a bunch of times, but last night was my third time seeing Episode I with my son. I saw two great moves from the game there . . the Blue backstab (Obi Wan did this to a Droid in the begining of movie when they came out from the room with poisonous gas) and the yellow DFA (when Obi Wan flipped over Darth Maul near the end before he got seperated from Qui and Maul in the Naboo fight scene) and I think that maybe it was the yellow backstab sweep he used to kill Maul and slice him in half (that one is open for debate).

Anybody else see this??

Also I recall reading in the books that Luke used saber toss a lot . .

I think that maybe it was the yellow backstab sweep he used to kill Maul and slice him in half (that one is open for debate).

Anybody else see this??

I can't remember exactly that cut but I believe it was the good 'ole left to right horizontal mid slice or whatever it's called.

NEW: Just checkd the DVD and that's the move....what's the technical term for this move or should I say JO term/saber move??

But hey, let's drag this move on for a countless number of posts *LOL*

First, a whine: Who the **** in raven came up with the *brilliant* idea to include saberthrow in this game???? JK1 worked f*ckin' fine without it. How many times in the movie do we see it? Once! By mr. vader, when he is throwing his saber to get luke down from his elevated position. It did *not* return to him - bommerang style - he had to go pick it up again. It's a risky maneuver, since you risk losing the saber, like singleplayer in this game. Grrrr..... I'm pissed at that move.

Well, it's been a while since I've seen any of the movies, but in ep2 we see a jedi perform a complete DFA on a poor droid in the arena-fight. Also, you could argue that Mace chops Jango's head off with either a sideways red/yellow-swipe.

Oh, and Luke performs a frontal kick on Vader in episode 6, I think.

I'd really like to see some of the graceful spinning moves we see in the new movies implemented into this game, though that will probably never happen...

Saber toss was also in the books and the Nintendo video game release for N64. Luke did both . . meaning in the books and and in the game. As a matter of fact, it was almost impossible to beat Darth Vader in that Nintendo game without it . . that was some 7 years ago or so . .

Well, yeah... but I just think it's such a lame move.... Whenever someone does it on me, I will completely withdraw my regular attacks - and focus only on saberthrowing my foe to death.

The thing is, the saberthrow is like the predator's disc in AvP (if you know that game) - it's tracking, gives solid damage and returns automatically.... It's more like a shooting contest between 2 jedis whenever throw is enabled... Thank god more servers are learning that by the day.

well, i watched the lightsaber fight in Episode I just a couple seconds ago:P

Darth Maul DEFINATLY killed Qui Gon with a backstab

ya, Obi Wan did use a medium finisher on Maul before they got seperated

and i don't think it was a backsweep that obi wan used to kill maul

Originally posted by Dark_ZONE

Ya I think your right . . did you see Obi one do that major backstab at beginning of Episode 1?? . . right through the battle droid's Mid-section . . sweeeeet

no, when i just watched it i fast forwarded to the lightsaber fight:D

i'll have to rewind the movie and watch that part i guess;)

Originally posted by cjais

First, a whine: Who the **** in raven came up with the *brilliant* idea to include saberthrow in this game???? JK1 worked f*ckin' fine without it. How many times in the movie do we see it? Once! By mr. vader, when he is throwing his saber to get luke down from his elevated position. It did *not* return to him - bommerang style - he had to go pick it up again. It's a risky maneuver, since you risk losing the saber, like singleplayer in this game. Grrrr..... I'm pissed at that move.

EXACTLY. I pointed that out already at a couple of occasions. Glad to see, someone agrees. Cheeers, m8! :thumbsup: Saber throw in the game doesn't feel starwars-ish anymore...

Note: I'm not complaining about losing to it, so don't dare gimme that "you can counter it in a gazillion ways"-crap, thank you, that is NOT my point :D

Just think it's different from the movies, and not in a better way.

Nuff said.

Originally posted by NwO_2k_Mutt

Oh Oh but in EP2 did you see Yoda bouncin around like a damn ninja! He was the MAN ! That little bastard can fight ! GO YODA !!!!!!

Ya know what killed me was, when he first comes walking in, he is all using that cane, shuffling along,like he can barely walk, then he does the little ninja thing, then after the fight, he goes shuffling back out using that cane. Was that like mind trick? LOL

That killed me! I guess when you get to be 800 years old, you only get little short bursts of energy:D

Peace...:band:

I SABER throw to cause damage to SPINNERS, DFA Spammers, GUN whores, Pull/Backstabers, and the guys who run to collect health in the middle of a fight . . My main use for it is to get off a Distraction . . there are times I want to hit the saber right in front of the guy . . the spark lets me get set up for the little extra move that may or may not turn the battle in my favor . . . :D

Archived