Home

speaking about movies: (connery)

SharaFett

have the new bond movies pissed anyone else her off recently? Pierce brosnan was by far the best candidate for bond, but the movies all lacked the bond feel.

sean connery is the epitomy of bond. the connery bond would shoot some fool, sleep with a chick, then kick her out for his 5 o'clock tea. this pc look of bond really sucks, and i'm disappointed because the new movie, "die another day" also looks like a bomber.

I dissagree with you. I think Goldeneye was one of the best bond movies ever, and did wonders for that franchise. I don't think it is Brosnan's fault, but the poor casting of his leading ladies and lackluster villians. The last two Bond movies were not the worst but should and could have been alot better.

"I suppose you expect me to talk.........?"

_James Bond, 007

Your both right! :D

I agree, Connery is the bond l337 and Brosnan is Bantha fodder.

Movies now-adays rely too much on special effects and not on the story line. Sorry to say this, but AOTC could have been better if the dialog wasn't so bad. It's the same with the last two bond movies.

Originally posted by darthgroovyii

I dissagree with you. I think Goldeneye was one of the best bond movies ever, and did wonders for that franchise. I don't think it is Brosnan's fault, but the poor casting of his leading ladies and lackluster villians. The last two Bond movies were not the worst but should and could have been alot better.

"I suppose you expect me to talk.........?"

_James Bond, 007

"Nooo Mr. Bond, I expect you to DIE!" - Goldfinger

Hehe that's the next line.

Here's some of my comments on the James Bonds:

Sean Connery - Oldie Gentleman Spy. He has that 60s-spy feeling within him...in a way...He's the bomb (hes like a 1-shot kill bullet)

Timothy Dalton - wtf?

Roger Moore - He starred as Bond the most...his movies are okay, and pretty amusing. I had a feeling that he tried to imitate Sean Connery... "Where's Drax?" "Oh, he had to fly." - Moonraker

Pierce Brosnan - Modern Gentleman Spy. Younger and more energetic...do more tricks than the 60s James Bond (multi-punches kill lol)

Q - I will always remember him. I bet he could make us a lightsaber if he lived longer...

R - More from him in the next movie....

M - Man to woman....nothing really special about M

MoneyPenny - Find someone more pretty! lol, then again you can't because thats where the Bond girls come in

Yeah, I liked Goldeneye (and the game) but Tomorrow Never Dies really turned me off from the franchise. I haven't seen, or want to see World is Not Enough or Die Another Day.

I like Roger Moore best for some reason. Maybe because I've seen him the most.

I think the whole of Bond's lifestyle in the early films was very politically uncorrect...thats part of what made them great!

but in todays culture EVERYTHING has to be politically correct so this means changing the personality of Bond. the film makers have to make Bond politically correct AND try to keep the same sort of personality in Bond...its your opinion whether theyve done this well or not!

IIRC...

When they decided to make real James Bond films, Ian Flemming(The Author who invented JB) hand-picked Sean Connery to play the suave superspy. "He IS James Bond. No one else can do him justice" is what (paraphrased) Ian said about Connery.

:max:

waitaminute- goldeneye was superb. i only commented on the last 2 movies and the upcoming movie. at least the plot was great in goldeneye. and i never said pierce brosnan was a bad bond. crappy scripting and producing wsa the main problem. and as far as i recall, moore and connery both starred in 8 bond movies. and i dont like moore (i dont know why). one reason could be because he strikes me as a gentler, wussier bond (perhaps his tone of voice?). another reason could be that it was with moore that they tried to make bond more attractive to the younger population. BOND SHOULDNT BE SNOWBOARDING AND ALL THAT CRAP! bond's supposed to be a traditional kind of guy, imo.

Archived