Home

WIP: Ki Adi Mundi

Psyk0Sith

Originally posted by Darth_Infamous

Ki Ada Mundi has been a Master since before TPM. He's on the Jedi Council dude!

during tpm (at least), ki adi mundi is a jedi knight. he's on the council because his binary brain allows for enhanced insight into the force.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terror is correct; Ki is no Master in Episode II. I'm not sure that, precisely, is why he is on the Council, but either way, he's a simple Knight promoted to loftier positions. This goes back to much of what I believe a Jedi Master to be, but that gets far afield of this thread. I probably should not have brought it up to begin with on this thread, but at least I'm hardly the only one to start talking about the characters on the associated WIP thread ^_^ Still, quite curious, but ah well. I look forward to hearing about any further updates.

~ Michael

Yes indeed, Obi Wan is not a master either, actually he never achieves the level of master. It is only a custom by where while a knight is training a padawan he is referred to as 'master'.

Jedi Knights with 'great insight' into the force can serve on the council, they do not necessarily require the level of master to be there....

Here's a shot of the final (well almost) mesh with smooth render...

http://www.renegademods.info/users/PsykoSith/ki_adi_smooth.jpg

right now after minor adjusments and optimization its 3055 polys mainly because of the head...the alpha channel beard is not included yet. Roughly 3200 when complete...

The mustache can be removed and i'm gonna leave the beard on, because he's got no chin!:).

the skinner could make another texture with brown or black beard to make him look younger, and just remove the mustache surface. its the quickest solution i see for now.

Most of the modeling is done, so now im ready to uvw map, i'll start with the head and send a template to Grafox or anyone else interested.

This is a really nice model. Will his head work okay with the skeleton?

Thank you, and yes the head will work just fine.

I saw it and it's absolutely gorgeous!

Eh, so we can't have a just-graduated Jedi Knight Mundi. No big deal, this model is so gorgeous I can't complain in the least!

Eventually maybe we'll see the generic Cerean, maybe even with that funky side-hair thing [if you've seen the subcomic along with Prelude to Rebellion, featuring the aforementioned young Ki, you'd know what I meant; it's kinda hard to describe otherwise]. Anyway, I can't wait to see the finished product.

Have any plans for your next project by the way?

Hey PsykOSith! Long time no see bud! :)

I'm really sorry the whole Plo Koon thing didn't make it through... I still think you made a sweet model of him!

Anyway, glad to see you've put some more time into a new model... Dang bud, you really got some wicked modeling skillz :)

GREAT MODEL!!!

Sorry for making you guys wait, but i'm not the fastest uvw mapper/modeler out there.

here's some pics of the partially textured head (i know some people dont like photo realistic stuff, but take a look)

http://www.renegademods.info/users/Psykosith/kam_texture_test01.jpg

http://www.renegademods.info/users/Psykosith/kam_texture_test02.jpg

When i'm done with it i'll send it to grafox so he can add more details and do the missing parts plus he can do a whole new head based on this one.

hey Green Devil! nice to see you dropped by, thanx for the support man. I'm still a newbie, but i try to improve with each new model.

oh btw for my next character (if i have time), how about even piell? :evanpiel: if the npc mod is working...

l8ter!

Archived