Home

Manny in CMI

darrksaber88

I just borrowed Curse of Monkey Island from a friend, and after playing for a while, I got to the part where the skeleton that looks like Manny, wearing the 'Ask me about Grim Fandango' badge, was discovered in a chicken restaurant. The pirate running the restaurant said that he had died after being stabbed over remarking about the chicken. I never did quite get what Manny did in life to get stuck at the DOD, since it didn't seem to me that a reson was ever given. Was insulting the chicken the great sin that Manny committed in life?

Forgive my newbie-ness.

Hey, welcome to the forums, rath! I loved that bit in CMI. That scene is actually a reference to something that happened in Monkey Island 1 in the SCUMM Bar. You ran into a pirate (named Cobb) who donned an "Ask me about Loom" button. This pirate bore a strong resemblence to another character from Loom, another LucasArts adventure.

I think all those parallels between different LEC Games make it a lot more comfy for real LucasArts Adventure Gamers to be real fans. It´s just great to have a good laugh seeing some character from a different game while playing.

Does anybody remember the Sam´n´Max costume that is shown in MI2 on the Booty Island costume rental? You can just see it for a short time, when you get your purple dress there.

I also loved the ancient stone in Dr. Jones office (Last Crusade), that said something about aliens invading earth (Manic Mansion related).

Archived