Home

How Do I Set Up A Dedicated Server!

Drake Sol

Ok, I have asked and no one has given me a clear answer, yet. I need a step by step tutoral or something. Please do not give me half answers or tell me this might work, i need straight forward answers. I downloaded the software ( jk2Ded.exe ) and I read the readme file but it is not working. I not a complete computer whiz but I can learn fast. Please answer me asap.

Thank you.

Let's see...in order to give you "step by step" instructions, you're going to need to provide a heck of a lot more informatoin--most importantly, what OS you are running on the server. Second, what is the folder structure you are using. Third, what type of server do you want to run? (ffa, ctf, cty, etc). Fourth, do you have an updated (v1.03) client that you copied the files from? Fifth, what type of error are you getting when you try to start the server? Sixth, what type of network setup do you have? (router/firewall/etc)

There's more questions, but those will at least get us started. Until I have that information, there's very little to explain beyond what you read in the readme. If you wanna flame away because this is a "half-answer" (or no answer really), that's your choice. I've been helping admins setup servers since JK2 came out as just about any regular here will attest. The ball's in your court.

Originally posted by MatrixCPA

If you wanna flame away because this is a "half-answer" (or no answer really), that's your choice. I've been helping admins setup servers since JK2 came out as just about any regular here will attest. The ball's in your court.

LOL the man is right!:D

:dsaber:

Well lets go back to the basics and I'll answer what the title says "How Do I Set Up A Dedicated Server!"

1. INSTALL JK2

2. LOAD UP JK2 MP

3. CLICK PLAY

4. CLICK CREATE SERVER

5. CHOOSE YES NEXT TO DEDICATED SERVER

6. CUSTOMISE OTHER OPTIONS YOU MAY WANT TO

7. CLICK BEGIN

I hope this is a straight forward enough answer for u!!

As MatrixCPA said, we need INFORMATION.

I would think that he's using Windows since he downloaded the .exe. However, I always like to ask because there have been a couple times I didn't and the next thing I know they say, "Oh, I'm running linux."--which of course explains why the .exe doesn't work. ;)

Originally posted by seether7

Well lets go back to the basics and I'll answer what the title says "How Do I Set Up A Dedicated Server!"

1. INSTALL JK2

2. LOAD UP JK2 MP

3. CLICK PLAY

4. CLICK CREATE SERVER

5. CHOOSE YES NEXT TO DEDICATED SERVER

6. CUSTOMISE OTHER OPTIONS YOU MAY WANT TO

7. CLICK BEGIN

I hope this is a straight forward enough answer for u!!

As MatrixCPA said, we need INFORMATION.

yes but what if you are on a computer that has a LinkSYS router that is connected to the outside world? How should I configure the router so that my friend can play a duel with me from across the street? . . also what port number do I use . . I am new to this so I do have the word "idiot" stamped on my head . .

well i don't have that specific router, but you need to setup the router to forward the ports to your internal ip of your computer. I'm not sure what ports though..

Or if you can, there might be a DMZ host option or something. If you have this option you can enable it and specifiy your internal ip, then it'll be like your computer is connected to the outside world. Remember to use a firewall if you have this enabled though.

Archived