Home

How does JK2 run on WIndows XP?

crazyplaya73

Well, jk2 runs fine on this xp-machine, but these forums are another matter:

Often my pc will just reboot without question when accessing a page on these forums (and only on these forums i might add), its most oftenly the reply page or when I have finished posting a reply. Anyone else have this wierd problem? Guess not....

It's kinda boring: reply to a post, reboot the computer, reply to a new post, reboot the computer.....

Originally posted by cjais

Well, jk2 runs fine on this xp-machine, but these forums are another matter:

Often my pc will just reboot without question when accessing a page on these forums (and only on these forums i might add), its most oftenly the reply page or when I have finished posting a reply. Anyone else have this wierd problem? Guess not....

It's kinda boring: reply to a post, reboot the computer, reply to a new post, reboot the computer.....

o_O

doesn't happen to me, you sure you aren't accidentally rebooting it?;)

Yeah... o_O....

I'm tellin' you boy, I ain't be lying in dese forums, ya'all know dat!

Actually it's true, though it's hardly everytime I post it does. But it does do it.... GGrrrrRRRrrrRrRRRaaaaaAAAAAAAArrrRRRggGGGhhHH!!!!

Originally posted by cjais

what exactly is spy-ware? Some software I'm not aware that I have floating around on my pc?

Yap, it's some kind of software, that hangs out on your PC and it doesn't let you know it's there. It also sends information about your computer out in the internet.

Some programs are not spyware, but do show commercials and are quite a bid annoying. For an example, when I still got dial-up connection, I noticed one day, that my computer always tries to log on to the internet. I performed a search for it, but no luck. Then I found Ad-Aware and let it scan my PC. Well, what do you know! A bounch of commercial programs (Gator, for example - also comes in DivX5 BUNDLE pack - watch out, if you encode videos with this codec, because the removal of BUNDLE causes the encoder not to work). I cleaned the entries, and I had no problems afterwards.

Maybe that didn't sound like a part of solution to your problem, but hell, you have nothing (uhm... well... the commercial software :)) to loose if you try (except a few minutes on the internet, and a couple of MB on your disk) :)

crazyplaya73: sorry to talk about these things in your topic! Hope you don't mind!

I run XP Pro and haven't had any problems whatsoever with playing JKIIJO.

For the video drivers, I have an NVidia card and installed NVidia's DetonatorXP driver, it's good for all of their cards and runs just fine.

The fact this is a 3 year old PIII and my video card is a simple 16MB TNT that's anothe rmatter. :p I should upgrade sometime, but I liek to wait until the PIV gets really cheap! :p

Originally posted by lexx

I cant get GameSpy to work on XP!

Have you tried qtracker? It's pretty much the same thing as gamespy, does some things better and some things worse, but has no ads, is free, and may run under XP. ;)

http://www.qtracker.com/

It's my favored game finding tool. JK2's in game browser is pretty decent but qtracker handles favorites better, and also tracks average pings.

Originally posted by Xzzy

Have you tried qtracker? It's pretty much the same thing as gamespy, does some things better and some things worse, but has no ads, is free, and may run under XP. ;)

It's my favored game finding tool. JK2's in game browser is pretty decent but qtracker handles favorites better, and also tracks average pings.

Thnxs Xzzy, I'll check it out! :)

will it work sorta like MSN gaming zone does?

because if so, it won't work for me....damn isp.........

not a clue.. it basically queries the qtracker master server, gets a list of servers, then pings them just like the in game browser does.

So I assume if the in-game one works, qtracker does.

i'll have to try this out;)

*hates ISP and wishes i could convince my parents to get an NAT*

Archived