Home

1.03a, fanmod, or jk++?

MrPink

Originally posted by NK_Zephorath

I don't believe that.

Gunners and CTF'ers love it.

The competitive commuinity is taking very well to it, and we hope to get the ladders playing it very soon.

Also, I was more saberist than gunner in 1.02, and I love the sabering as well. Perhaps that's because I like

intense, skilled fights where you cannot afford a mistake more than, as Dr. Shaft said, flogging your opponent to death. With the [WD] server being the only server running the latest build because it isn't public yet, I can honestly say that I love sabering once again. No spam, just awesome, skilled, dueling action.

Add to that, I really do not believe that 1.03, 1.03+ and u104 have balanced force powers at all. JK2++ puts everyone on level ground, dark and light.

Concerning multiple duels, I like it a lot.

In a saber only FFA, you can do whatever you want, but sometimes, I'm just looking for a duel. Nobody is forcing you to duel, but it is an alternative to waiting 5+ minutes for your turn.

Keep in mind that jk2++ is still in beta, so even if you don't like the current public version, (beta 3) we'd like you to check out 1.0 when it is released.

I play saber only NF/FF servers so thats most likely why indeed.

I was not speaking ill of JK2++, just never tried it yet or heard anyone in the servers talking about it.

Kaan

Originally posted by crazyplaya73

Wow Nite it sounds like you have some good stuff in store for us in the future. Keep up the good work!

Quiet, no one should ever tell you what to run on your server especially since you pay for your server and you don't make any money from it. I hope I didn't come off like that. I think you should try DUEL_SE on your local PC for testing though. Nite said it best in that you can put backstab damage excatly as it is in 104. That is what those (original) values are. I think its listed there so that you could change those cvars and backstab would be exactly as it is in u104.

You still benifit with DUEL_SE becuase you can set saber throw damage, kick damage, how often you fall after a kick, and more. I have found that by lowering kick and throw damage a little it has made it less effecive to fight like a boomerang throwing, kick boxing, ninja warrior. It is much more effecive to fight like a jedi.

I not trying to make you change anything about your server so please don't take it that way. I really just trying to spead the word about the nitemare's duel_se mod.

Personally, now, I won't try Duel_SE because you are pushing it hard like an advertisement and that just bugs me.

The original poster was asking for varied opinions, not preaching.

Just do what I did - make a page about your server, and put it in your sig.

If people care, they will read about it, but if you push the mod really hard most people find it disturbing and NOT use it - like me.

hmm well i am sorry for that. i was not doing advertisement here. the users did. so please crazyplaya73 and all the other fans (heh) dont bother QuietSith again!

btw whats the difference in putting the url in the sig? i didnt bother to tell many people about my mod until now. but then some d00ds discovered my mod and told me its great. thx for the help but u realy annoy the **** out of QuietSith so please stop. we want the best for our customers! the customer is king! doh....

and u think this "patch" is going to be any good? ok it will have new stuff but gameplay wont be as ballanced as we like it. i hope they release the source quick otherwise i can live without the "patch"...

i think the Patch will be good yes. Because all of us now by now what it actually does. This official 1.04 patch IS 1.03a... and 1.03a does GREAT stuff to balance out saber combat. it's not perfect though (I'd liked to see saber throw, kick and blue lunge given some more balance when compared to the other moves as well), and I know others don't like it, because saber fights still take their time.... I just hope that saber throw will work for me and my there and that it won't take too long until I can get my simple MOD up and running again (to remove kick damage, and balance out saber throw more).... Oh yeah.. if throw would work now, so I could finally balance it out a bit that would be sweet :)

Originally posted by NITEMARE

hmm well i am sorry for that. i was not doing advertisement here. the users did. so please crazyplaya73 and all the other fans (heh) dont bother QuietSith again!

btw whats the difference in putting the url in the sig? i didnt bother to tell many people about my mod until now. but then some d00ds discovered my mod and told me its great. thx for the help but u realy annoy the **** out of QuietSith so please stop. we want the best for our customers! the customer is king! doh....

and u think this "patch" is going to be any good? ok it will have new stuff but gameplay wont be as ballanced as we like it. i hope they release the source quick otherwise i can live without the "patch"...

Best of luck with your mod.

It just seems like people often treat mods like religions, instead of just another preference for gameplay.

I believe the patch is the source compiled into a patch.

There should be no difference. We'll see.

Nite - I hope that you will be able to adapt your mod to work with the new patch.

Quiet - I am surprised that you took this little discussion in a bad way. This was a thread about MODS and finding the best one out there and we were simply discussing the pros and cons of two differnet MODS that were available. I said more then once (go look back) that people should try them and decide which one is right for them. I never told anyone what MOD to run on their server.

Anyway this thread is irrelelvent now until the new bunch of MODS come out for the new patch.

Archived