Home

Better to walk or run while fighting with a light saber

icezain

walking lowers your guard, unless walking backwards.

It has no psychological effect on an experienced player if you stroll around looking menacing as they know that you will be far easier to hit.

if you run, A: you will get where u want to go quicker. B: your guard remains active at all times unless attacking.

However it is easier to execute overhead yellow while walking and it can be useful to hit walk for a second or two so that you are not predictable, I use it more like using brakes on a car.

Hope this helps dude

jah

as far as i can tell you can do certain moves only when walking. for instance, there is a nice combo using medium stance where you swing the saber left the right about 3 times. it can be done whilst walking and running but walking it is much quicker, almost twice as fast in fact.

Although when walking the graphic lowers his guard, it has no effect on sabre defence, you can still block just as well. Me and a mate were playing 1.02 (all we play now) and we both just walked all the time. The battles were awesome. Tactics played a bigger part, choosing the right stance for defence aswell as attack. eg, blocking with light all the time results in you opponent using red to smash your sabre aside. Red stance become useful again as they can't just dive out the way as fast, (although jump, roll is still an option. You should try it, everyone should. Go one on one with a friend and hold the walk key down all the time whilst fighting. I don't think you should be able to attack aswell when running, as you'd be off balance.

Ps blocking is no worse in 1.02, you merely have to direct it towards the attack.

Generally speaking, if I go up a player who jumps and stays away alot... Is usually when I'll just walk or not move at all, and await an attack. IT seems like some of the ex-assfighters of my server, now instead choose hold out just to catch me with a lunge... which leads to long tenuous battles of me chasing them around.... well NO MORE.... now I just start walking or just stand there, and wait for them to lunge. I've had battles where the opponenet jumped around for 30 seconds after me coming to a dead stop before they even tried to attack.

Archived