Home

Official Meeting Place

leXX

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heh, he'll be back soon then lol ;)

I've been contemplating getting a console for some time now. All I have is me old psxone and I never play with it anymore. My daughter plays tweenies and elmo on it sometimes but thats about it. I might trade it in for a later model but I don't know whether to get a psx2, xbox or gamecube! :confused:

Game cube - is better for kids, the available titles are far more kiddy. No DVD playback.

PSX2 - has most games and a DVD player (thqats what i have)

XBOX - better graphics that ps2 but less games but it also has DVD and the ability to play online.

PC - all of the above features and then some...

Hey guys.

Okay 1st off...I'm so extremely angry now. My ISP have a new partner that provides us with internet etc (Tiscali). Apparently they have NO grasp of what they are supposed to deliver. Example: for the last week, since the new ISP partnership, I CAN'T get good pings when playing JO online.....and OMfG that p*sses me off to the power of 1138 :( They have "blocked" certain ports and the JO ports are among these. I will contact my ISP this monday and tell them to remove the restrictions on ports 28070->28100. I hope they will comply or I'm almost ready to sue them. I'm not the only one crying about this. This is why I haven't been around and when I was I'm sorry to say my mood was bad. Not towards you my fellow HPs, but to the agonizing ping I'm dealing with these days. As I said I will try to fix this sh*t ASAP.

hmm ...I can't seem to post on the HP forum and when I finally do it's pure luck. Sorry:( That's why this crap gets posted here:)

NOW....the console predicament leXX :D

I have an XboX and I love it. Yup, it has the most powerful console engine at present. The only thing going against it is the shortage of titles released.

I think we are approaching 80-90 titles as we speak.

I 0wn 5 titles that I haven't seen equaled on the pc (yet) VERY amazing stuff (REAL water effects etc).

(Jah said it well when he described the consoles but I might add that the DVD capabilities on the xb0x have been tested several times to be better than PS2 ...if DVD plays a part in your decision)

I hope to see you all soon and I miss'ya.....I do *s0000b*

PS: whatever

Originally posted by Jah Warrior

Get a VIC20 128bit graphics

Naahh... check out the Commodore 128! It's compatible with both the VIC and the C64! And you get CP/M Operating System as well!

(I just couldn't resist... I was a proud owner of the C128... played MUCH Gunship on it).

Had fun for 10 minutes tonight... won one / lost one then had to split, but it was the highlight of my JK2 week.... the rest of the servers I frequent have been lame. I look forward to next time!

SkinWalker

Originally posted by SkinWalker

Naahh... check out the Commodore 128! It's compatible with both the VIC and the C64! And you get CP/M Operating System as well!

(I just couldn't resist... I was a proud owner of the C128... played MUCH Gunship on it).

Had fun for 10 minutes tonight... won one / lost one then had to split, but it was the highlight of my JK2 week.... the rest of the servers I frequent have been lame. I look forward to next time!

SkinWalker

Cheers bro comments like this make it all worthwhile, trust me its well appreciated.:)

Yo Druid!!!!

Sorry to hear you've been having troubles with those damn ISP's, hope you can get back into the fold when you're done paying *their* hospital bills :D

Lexx, I'd say go with the Gamecube, seeing as you have two kids - I hear the gamecube is very "childminded"... I dunno, the only console I've ever owned was some crap clone rip-off of nintendo and the old NES itself.

Damn, that was a close call, we almost signed up with Tiscali but we chose BT Openworld Broadband instead. I tell ya, some ISP's really take the piss, we pay them so much money yet they still feel the need to place restrictions all over the place. It really pisses me off. Well Druid, I hope you get it sorted soon cause I really miss ya m8! ;)

As for the console predicament, I've made up my mind. I'm not getting any! :D

leXX me ol china *passes the bisquits to leXX*

I don't know if Tiscali is "bad" but we have certainly started out on the wrong foot for sure. Isn't BT the best connexion to get for you anyway?. I mean it's the biggest UK based ISP right?

I have contacted my "basic" ISP (Not Tiscali) today and they will look into the problems with the port restrictions. I don't know when they will fix it but I hope it will be soon. I really can't do much else than wait (or use a flamethrower:D)......so I'll see you on the flip side baby.

*LOL* you crack me up with the console thingy. When in doubt...remove the problem = no console :D:D:D I love that.

But for "youngsters" the GC is prolly the best solution...innit? ;)

Thank god my www works at least:rolleyes:

Hey everyone, whats up!:D druid, Jah, leXX, Jais, skin, and all the other people I missed. Haven't been around much due to my game acting up. I went to Hermes the other day and tried to play and I kept getting booted. It would just disconnent me and through me out of the game completely back to my desktop. I was trying to figure it out, and went back, Jah said it might be that I didn't have JediMod 3.5. I d/l that and went back again and it still kept booting me. I tried a few times then left in disgust. I tried other servers and it would never let me in to any of them. I then decided it had to be the mod as all was well before that.

So, I deleted it and went and played and didn't have any problems. Now, I am in a predicament, will I be able to go to Hermes without the mod? Am I to be banished to pub server Hell!!!? Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't let them take me, please. I deserve better than this!

So, I am going to try later tonight and see what happens. I miss you all *sob* *sob* :( Me brothers and sister, expect to see me soon.

Peace

Dude,

Make sure that the Jediplus mod is in ' gamedata' directory and try it again. If there is already a jediplus folder there delete it and try afresh. You may well lose and binds you have but you can do a cut and paste form the jk2mpconfig file in your base folder to retrieve them.

This makes no sense I know but it should give you essentially a completely fresh install of the mod.

*BUMP*

:D

Do you mean PadHanger? cause I know that one. Just above the hanger entrance, you can jump up and smash through some glass to a secret little room.

If it isn't PadHanger - what is PadStation? I've only got, PadHall, PadHanger, PadReactor and PadTemple!

Archived