Home

Official JKII 1.04 Patch Thread

SaberPro

Originally posted by SaberPro

Wow long codes....think Raven should include all these setting in the Game Setting Menu? It'd be much easier...

Game menu would be great.

Doesn't help people like me who run a dedicated server.

Perhaps if they put in a FAQ?

I have a request from you:

Can you edit your original post and quote all the changes for 1.04 in that post (with link to Kenn's info) so people see it right away?

:)

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by QuietSith

Ewok,

Will you be using 1.04 when it comes out?

You've been pretty supportive of 1.03 - where I've been pushing for 1.04.

We both like you said, ironically agree, that 1.02 was the best.

I just wonder where you stand on this.

Or is your philosophy deal with each patch as it comes and learn what is front of you - this is what I assume you believe.

No argument intended. It's just a question.

I'll go to v1.04, got to roll with the punches so to speak.

What cjais said about kicking is true, very true. I stated this in one of my 300+ posts a while back, but F-me if I can find it.

The backstab/pull stuff was in v1.02, but the DFA was easier so no one used it.

Now with the fixed player stance (not that I have a problem with this, mind you) you are going to see kicks a Hell of a lot more.

The bottom line is with the parry and knock-aways that were introduced in v1.03, and the decreased saber damage, believe it or not, you can actually kick a person to death almost twice as fast when compared to using only normal saber swings.

This really does not affect me, because kicks have always been a large part of my play style. But consider yourself warned if you don't know how to defend against kicks.

I was kind of hoping for a little bump for Dark Side users, but oh well.

The fixed backstab was always IMO, a good idea. I just made the best of a situation when I used a mouse spin in mine.

Originally posted by crazyplaya73

As long as they don't nurf the saber damage completely and duels take 10 minutes it will be playable but I am very skeptical. Raven has a history now of taking away / nurfing deadly moves in the game to appease the cry babies.

It's going to be 1.04 compiled source into an official patch.

I'm convinced of that and I have good reason to believe it - since that's what I (and many others) basically asked for.

No, I am not the lone person who gets all he wanted. But I did manage to directly contact LA (as I'm sure many others did) and they focused on what was shown to them - which was simply revealing what a lot of people wanted - at least I believe that - and if it's true, that's what we get.

This won't eliminate any mods, and things like your Duel_SE mod will still get promoted and used.

This just brings us away from some of the issues in 1.03.

That's all. :)

Originally posted by Homosexual Ewok

I'll go to v1.04, got to roll with the punches so to speak.

What cjais said about kicking is true. I stated this in one of my 300+ posts a while back.

The backstab/pull stuff was in v1.02, but the DFA was easier so no one used it.

Now with the fixed player stance (not that I have a problem with this, mind you) you are going to see kicks a Hell of a lot more.

The bottom line is with the parry and knock-aways that were introduced in v1.03, and the decreased saber damage, believe it or not, you can actually kick a person to death almost twice as fast when compared to using only normal saber swings.

This really does not affect me, because kicks have always been a large part of my play style. But consider yourself warned if you don't know how to defend against kicks.

I was kind of hoping for a little bump for Dark Side users, but oh well.

The fixed backstab was always IMO, a good idea. I just made the best of a situation when I used a mouse spin in mine.

Fair enough.

I was always hoping there would be a way for a server to not simply turn forces on or off, or general maxforcerank - but rather the actual force ranks of each individual force - and have that expressed via server rules so people develop filters for it.

That would be in a perfect server admin world. :)

You're right - there's always going to be people spamming moves.

In my opinion - which you've heard too many times - it's a question of aesthetics - immersion - not so much gameplay balance (that will always depend on player style - you've convinced me of that - yes you were right).

At least kicks 'look real' and are 'plausible'.

I didn't see the 3 Muskateers running around backwards. :p

You know Quiet; one damn good idea for a mod would be a Rocket Arena 3 type vote system mod.

If you have never played it, you can call a vote to disable certain weapons, fall damage, team damage, whatever.

If given the options, players in this case could do that to disable certain guns, Force powers and so on.

You would think this vote system is abused with a call vote every 10 seconds, but it is not.

It's all GUI, very similar to the vote system in JO now, no console knowledge is needed.

Well, I'm no expert on backstabs, so I ask you guys instead - How much does the "pivoting" in backstabs matter?

They are still just as deadly no?

That is my assumption on the continued backstabbing - they give the same damage, even though they hit SLIGHTY worse now.

And instead of "Jedi Knight 2 jedi outcast" - We *might* have to change the name to "Karate Knight 2 Dojo outcast".... *lol*....

One thing I'm curious about though: Will the "slower fall rate"-fix mean NO AIR-LUNGES AT ALL? I don't care really, but some folks have based their entire fighting style on the air-lunge, so who knows?

Oh yah Rocket Arena would be a nice type mod - love the zero respawn options (if I'm thinking of the right mod).

I'd also like to see an OSP JK 2.

Those guys know balance - imo.

Another Q3 mod that has a really funny voting system is Threewave.

You battle it out over gametypes, and then people jump through Alice and Wonderland type doorways to choose maps. :)

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

hmmm, doesn't say anything about backsweep damage (not complaining, just pointing it out)

sounds like a good patch:)

*goes to update news on site*

*talks to leelink about getting JHQ servers running 1.04*

lol, exactly what I did.

Update clan site, talk to clan server admin.

Originally posted by cjais

Well, I'm no expert on backstabs, so I ask you guys instead - How much does the "pivoting" in backstabs matter?

They are still just as deadly no?

That is my assumption on the continued backstabbing - they give the same damage, even though they hit SLIGHTY worse now.

And instead of "Jedi Knight 2 jedi outcast" - We *might* have to change the name to "Karate Knight 2 Dojo outcast".... *lol*....

One thing I'm curious about though: Will the "slower fall rate"-fix mean NO AIR-LUNGES AT ALL? I don't care really, but some folks have based their entire fighting style on the air-lunge, so who knows?

cjais,

I have played the U104 since it came out. The list (from the link uptop) of what the official 1.04 changes is almost identical to U104 which fixed the following as far as saber combat:

Blue Stance: No more air lunges. The backflip/frontlunge bug has been removed where you have to complete the flip before beggining the lunge, and No more "floating down" from very high without taking damage.

Also, you can't "spin" in any stance when doing a BS, its fixed point so it is A LOT harder to time and make contact. Even if you do, it is not a one hit kill anymore on someone with full health and shields. This damage adjustment applied to all stances and finishing moves. There was more, some weapons loadouts and firing rates were tweaked, etc.

So ya, making the BS fixed point and not being able to turn or spin around takes all the appeal out of the move 1.03 gave it for those that only use IT. It will still be a viable move when timed right but is no longer the one hit kill wonder.

One thing is for sure, as soon as the OFFICIAL 1.04 is released tommorow, we will know for sure. :)

Kaan

If it does as you say Kaan, then I'll be truly happy....

Only one problem:

This "Karate Knight 2 - Black belt upgrade-patch", might just be the signal for thousands of little aspiring kickers to come out and harass me on the servers..... I sure hope this patch doesn't promote kicking since BS is partially gone, but I'm horrified at the thought.

Well, at least the kick isn't a one-hit-kill-move.... That's always something.

Although it would of been nice to see the Dark Side get a little boost to be more on par with the Light Side, on paper the patch sounds good. [/b]

Dark Side really does need some kind of help. I sure hope they even out the powers a bit, or it'll be more of the same: all light side and all force absorb. :(

Ok so with all the above discussion, I wonder if there will be anything affected in SP mode by the 1.04 patch.

I personally am a fan of SP. And though I have not had any problems with the game, I will update to 1.04, and am just curious if there will be any change for the better....

And for that matter...I wonder if there will be an expansion pack in the future....like when Jan & Kyle go on vacation, and they are doing the humpty-dumpty on a moonlit beach, and all of a sudden Luke shows up to tell them there is some new danger they haveta deal with RIGHT NOW...or....well..whatever...

:D

Originally posted by Ready Wan

Dark Side really does need some kind of help. I sure hope they even out the powers a bit, or it'll be more of the same: all light side and all force absorb. :(

Try this on a server:

seta g_forceregentime 100

Default is 200 - so half the time to regenerate.

Gives darkside a big boost, imo.

I have absorb (and lightning to be fair) disabled in FFA mode on my server and I guess I'll be sticking with that unless they did change something but it wasn't in the update.

If I had one wish for something that could be in this patch and we just don't know it yet it would be to have more CVARS to adjust kick, saber throw, saber swings, and all of the special saber moves to a certain degree within reason. This way each server could be tweaked so that if the players want very strong sabers but weak saber throw and weak kick I can have that without needing a MOD.

Oh, does anyone know if the patch adds multiple duels in FFA?

It would be nice if we didn't need a MOD for these very small things.

Originally posted by QuietSith

Game menu would be great.

Doesn't help people like me who run a dedicated server.

Perhaps if they put in a FAQ?

I have a request from you:

Can you edit your original post and quote all the changes for 1.04 in that post (with link to Kenn's info) so people see it right away?

:)

Post edited :)

seta g_forceregentime 100

Doesn't it also allow the light player to HEAL almost at will. I have mine at 185 and even at that level I have played against a few light Jedi's using the "run away and heal" tactic where the only way to kill them is by a one hit kill move or by challanging them to a duel so that they could not heal. Anywayz don't take it the wrong way. I'm just wondering if this is even more of a problem set at 100?

Originally posted by crazyplaya73

Doesn't it also allow the light player to HEAL almost at will. I have mine at 185 and even at that level I have played against a few light Jedi's using the "run away and heal" tactic where the only way to kill them is by a one hit kill move or by challanging them to a duel so that they could not heal. Anywayz don't take it the wrong way. I'm just wondering if this is even more of a problem set at 100?

I don't take anything personal.

I haven't noticed a problem. Experiment with it and see if it causes issues.

Archived