Home

Official JKII 1.04 Patch Thread

SaberPro

Sure its not hard... only harder... hence irritating and unnecessary...

It should be an option in the controls-menu: kick= 1tap/2tap..

But that wasn't my main problem, the worst thing was:

-Nerfed Red Stance = Ok... dfa.. but the rest?

-Nerfed Drain = way to nerfed

-Nerfed Grip = Why?? - Who had problems with that?

And the blocking... random blocks = less skill, well timed hits getting blocked was a big boo-boo.

Originally posted by cjais

I stand corrected.

But I still can't see the problem in kicking people.... It's not that it's hard, so why the sad face?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by V-tecc

Sure its not hard... only harder... hence irritating and unnecessary...

It should be an option in the controls-menu: kick= 1tap/2tap..

But that wasn't my main problem, the worst thing was:

-Nerfed Red Stance = Ok... dfa.. but the rest?

-Nerfed Drain = way to nerfed

-Nerfed Grip = Why?? - Who had problems with that?

And the blocking... random blocks = less skill, well timed hits getting blocked was a big boo-boo.

I agree with you on the force issues, but why was red stance nerfed? Most people still think it's the cream of saberfighting.

I won't agree with you on the "random blocks", especially not since 1.02 was "You MIGHT block (if you're lucky) if facing your opponent perfectly. But don't flame me for this, and turn this thread into another v2 vs v3 argument.

Interesting isn't it?

I like blocking, it makes me feel like the game is more true to what I believe saber fights should be. But I dont like that it takes so many heavy hits to kill someone, and I don't like the fact that the blocking has almost nothing to do with the skill of the player. I think the nerfing of that and the other stances is what has helped the one hit wonders become such a nuissance.

I agree with you on the force issues, but why was red stance nerfed? Most people still think it's the cream of saberfighting.

I won't agree with you on the "random blocks", especially not since 1.02 was "You MIGHT block (if you're lucky) if facing your opponent perfectly. But don't flame me for this, and turn this thread into another v2 vs v3 argument.

I agree... just want to give some last words :)

What's more skill full?

Almost no blocking... vs Random blocks?

"You MIGHT block (if you're lucky)" <-My point exactly... less luck, more skill.

This means that I can hit you with a perfect hit.. and you can still be "lucky" enough to have the game block it for you.... fair? - Naah..

And as for: "Most people still think it's the cream of saber fighting"

There was no way to spam the red stance (without the DFA that is.)... It was slow, yet when used skillfully... deadly... So if you hit and miss.. you leave your self open. - This means that you had to be pretty good at it to excel with it.

Not like the other stances: "Hack him to death... may the luckiest man win! ... yes .. may the power of the block be with you, dude" :=)

But you're right... lets discuss 1.04 (Hope there is more fixed then what we know already)

I had no problem with the game as it was. Infact I just started playing again after about a month long absence. The new patch should be fun though it'll be good to adapt to a different side of play although people will find problems again and whore them out and other people will just whine. Too bad they aren't adding any new ctf levels :mad:

Oh and I just checked the date and it isn't April 1st so maybe the post wasn't just a joke lol.

too bad the midair lunge is gone. it was a viable move if you just dropped like a rock regardless of lunging or not. for everything else, though i am extremely excited. no more ghetto spinners that hit you like 5 times with the backsweep. i'm also very glad that the damage of that move was slightly nerfed, but i'm curious if they will ever raise the damage of lightsabres themselves. i dont think it's very fair when a full secondary shot from the flechette will do more damage than a sabre strike. Also have the medium special and DFA been tweaked or are they still one hit kills? they really need to remain how they are, because the amount of exposure to counters is extremely high when executing those 2 moves; therefore, they should still be 1 hit kills. anyways that's just my opinion

Ohh my prayers have been answered!!!

Im so glad that maybe we will finnally see true skill in the servers, its something that ive been waiting for since the games release!!!

I myself have been training so hard in honorable combat that im sure that people will see me for what i have earned.

Backstab was the only move that killed me more or less (9 out of 10 i would counter it) and its seems that me NOT learning to do it like the rest has paid off as my saber skills will be FAR above the EX-assfighters skill level.

p.s.

/me starts praying for 100 million under my pillow tomorow morning... :cool:

Regarding the nerf of the air-lunge:

I have no problem in seeing the average air-lunge removed, soooo many "skilled" players relied on that bug to hit people, no fun.

However, there was no harm in the floating bug. It was a bug though, and I think the devs were in their good right to remove that bug. But it didn't hurt anyone, quite the contrary actually.

But, it was quite irritating to see your enemy fall of the edge and then recieve no damage at all, while you fall off and got splattered.

I just fear that the kick will be the new trick to getting around the blocking: 20 damage and no way to avoid it besides dodging like hell.

Even though it was a bug, it was the only way to stop yourself from dying from a great height! I think it should at least be replaced with something like: force push being able to slow your decent, after all, were supposed to be Jedi ffs.

Originally posted by lexx

Even though it was a bug, it was the only way to stop yourself from dying from a great height! I think it should at least be replaced with something like: force push being able to slow your decent, after all, were supposed to be Jedi ffs.

If you roll right after you land, you usually only take about 2/3 to a 1/4 of the fall damage, randomly. This, IMO, is what they intended for you to do to "stick" landings.

For example, leap off the top of FFA ns streets at full health without rolling. The result? About 4 health. Then try it with a roll just as you land, and you health bar should only drop to about 60-40 from full. Neat, eh? :)

Originally posted by Mercen4ry

If you roll right after you land, you usually only take about 2/3 to a 1/4 of the fall damage, randomly. This, IMO, is what they intended for you to do to "stick" landings.

For example, leap off the top of FFA ns streets at full health without rolling. The result? About 4 health. Then try it with a roll just as you land, and you health bar should only drop to about 60-40 from full. Neat, eh? :)

True enough but this requires good timing, miss by a little and SPLAT!

Dunno, I rarely miss the timing on this, but maybe it's just me? :confused:

Yeah, it does require good timing... but it is a solution, and at the very least I have had no trouble with it. That force push solution is something I would love to see as well, but knowing the current Quake 3 physics engine, people would probably find some way to abuse it. :rolleyes:

Merc out. :fett:

I don't know if you can do this already lexx, but here goes anyway to those that don't know....

To roll when you hit the ground:

Hold down crouch when you're in the air and hold down the directional key you wish to roll in. For example, I hold down crouch and forward and turn my mouse in the direction i wish to roll in (all in the air), then when I hit the ground, I'll roll instantly.

Someone please correct if this is wrong.

I just fear that the kick will be the new trick to getting around the blocking: 20 damage and no way to avoid it besides dodging like hell.

Exactly what i think

With the insane blocking rate it will happen very soon

And of course if raven patch another time this game they ll just say : "hey this move is is spammed ....let s nerf it"

While the true problem is saber blocking system

It should be like for blocking bolts and saber throw ( a saber midair is better than handled ......it s a known fact :rolleyes: ) : Block 100 % ( for defence 3 of course ;) ) forward arc if u don t attack and zero if u do or are attacked from flanks or rear ......this ll teach ppl how to actually have REALISTIC saber fights and to block

Ok I have been modding JK2 since it came out and all changes were aimed balancing the swordplay. The mod was not publicized, but it was up most of the time on our SKX servers.

Right now it seems that 1.04 is virtually the same as 1.03a. I must note that 1.03a sucked quite a lot in some points.

Specifically:

Back roll %30 percent shorter.

You run backward slower.

You slow down even more if you are doing a move in heavier stances (a bit for yellow and a lot for red).

Tracing sucked a lot due to their lag-reducing optimization, great number of hits didnt score right.

Yellow has significantly shorter range.

There's more but i cant remember right now. It was pretty sad even considering fixed backstab and faster yellow spins and people didnt want to play that until problems were dealt with. All of this was fixed manually by me in my code, however i am afraid that some (if not all) of these issues can make their way to 1.04.

Another question for all:

When the source for 1.04 is gonna be relesed so the "minor adjustment" can be done?

Hehe... like I said earlier this might just be the "Black belt patch" for "Karate Knight 2 - Dojo Outcast: the kicking game"..... But hell if I want that.

AG - if the patch does as you say, then the devs haven't mentioned a lot things. Those are quite some changes to sabercombat you've got there.

Overall, I think that the sabers could do with some more damage.

Hehe... like I said earlier this might just be the "Black belt patch" for "Karate Knight 2 - Dojo Outcast: the kicking game"..... But hell if I want that.

Lol excellent :D

It would also be the "flying cutter" patch cause of the throw+pull combo ( if u didn t figure this before pull break the guard when the anim for opponent defending it plays ....now figure the combo :rolleyes: )

In fact if raven doesn t really tweak saber system, we will never actually saber fight with slashes :p

Bah i guess they ll just get rid of kick and throw in next patch :rolleyes:

I agree with cjais.

I played an ff dueling game of jk2++ in beta 3, and there was this one kick spammer. He was destroying everyone with his kick script, knocking them over and red slashing them. If anyone tried to drain, he would use absorb. If he got hit, he would heal. Anyway, I beat him, but it was really, really, hard. Now, if the damage of sabers had been higher, I would've killed him much more easily, because if he had have missed me once with his kick script, he'd be dead.

I'm not bitching about having a challenge, but it was too easy for someone to use kick extensively and beat everyone.

Higher saber damage is the answer.

In the latest build of jk2++ (that isn't public d/l yet) we increased it. Saberists can now compete against gunners (if you're good enough) due to high damage.

High damage for all!

I also wish that saber damage was alot higher.

Especially when someone is spamming a backstab in the middle of a group of people, even a direct downward hack from the red stance doesn't kill him and allows him to heal and run away.

It makes me very angry.

I ve seen this so-said ( i was one to say it ...i admit ) script kiddie

But honestly after seeing him do it, i tried to make my way kicking others during the rest of the game

And honestly i can tell u there is no great skill to kick efficiently

So of course if it s riskless to close in on an opponent ( wich it is actually with the saber block system ) then kick will indeed rule

Also changing the damage will do nothing cause the insane guard is still there

What s need to be done ( i will repeat myself another time ) along with upping saber dmg is tweak the blocking so that sabers are blocked the same way as blaster bolts and THROW ( explain me why this saber attack is blocked like a bolt ) .........no rear guard, no flank guard, only reliable front guard and that s if u don t slash

This way kickers could dodged sideways and u could slash at their flanks to counter them ( man this reminds me kendo lessons :D )

But Alas, this will not happen cause Raven think everyone loves the crappy 1.03 blocking system with lots of blocks from all angles and lots of parries ..........mark my words : prepare to see a kick fest soon :rolleyes:

Now well, I was the one starting this kickwar speculation, but I still believe it is possible to have a good saberfight, even in 1.03 it was possible to have loads of fun regardless of all the newbies running the backstab show.

Yes, I tend to think that kicks will be more prominent in 1.04 due to BS-nerfing, but that is not to say that there won't be any "proper" players left. I, for one, doesn't kick spam, and damn well won't follow this infantile tyranny of players choosing only the absolutely most powerful moves in the game and then RELY on them like there's no tomorrow. That means I won't begin to kickspam in 1.04 either, just because it might be the better move.

Look at what happened to those relying on backstabs: They will get nerfed in 1.04 and that's their own damn fault. I knew that this backstab party wasn't going to last and neither is this uncoming(?) kickfest. Mods, or simple servercommands, will come that reduces kicks to 1 point of damage like some mods already have done.

I know this sounds aloof and quite condemning of everyone except me own, holy self - but it isn't meant that way, just play nice in the upcoming 1.04.

Archived