Home

Official JKII 1.04 Patch Thread

SaberPro

Originally posted by Jah Warrior

this may be wishful thinking and i dunno if anyone else has mentioned it yet but do you think they'll add any more maps, to make it an incentive to get the patch?

fingers crossed

Jah

I don't think they will jah, but one can always hope.

Besides, I can't imagine anyone wanting to decide between playing 3 different versions of a game. I suspect that all 1.03'ers will upgrade and maybe even some old-school 1.02'ers. That still leaves a solid core of determined 1.02'ers who will still play the old game.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that is the problem cause Raven is unwilling to go back with their "so-good" SP blocking system

One consequence was the Backstab : it s now nerfed

One Other ( less known ....but it will be used a lot now Backstab is dead ) is Throw + pull ......will it get nerfed ??

And now the Kick will be another ....will it get nerfed too ??

So what i foresee is that even if those 2 moves left to go around the uber-stupid guard requires skill ( they do .....much more than pull + backstab ), they will get nerfed one day or another either by some modders or by Raven

So instead of facing the true cause of these moves being exploited ppl will just choose to ignore the cause as well as the consequences ( wich will be nerfed ) ???

Well if so then i can foresee a brief life for the already dying JK2, cause ppl will not enjoy for long fighting totally random saber battles nor using only guns ( there is better games wich have better ones )

So to conclude this : if saber play dies then this game is dead too .......hope ppl and raven will wake up soon to see that saber isn t well alive :rolleyes:

We've been running the MOD of the 1.04 patch for a while. Glad to see the official version released.

I agree witht he above though, it makes Kicking the *unblockable move*. I have a feeling that you can pretty much take the posts from 1.03 about assfighters, and replace that word with kick-whores, and just repost them, as this is what the next problem will be.

Funny thing is, one only needs to think logically about kicking to see the correction:

If I run up to you and kick you with your saber up....wouldnt you block it? I know this is the same issue with the assfighting...someone runs up and backstabs me while Im facing them with saber up and I cant block it....BUT MY GOD, you can block BULLETS....

At the very LEAST, kicking someone with thier saber up should incur ATLEAST 50% DAMAGE based on what stance they are in. Say, (guessing) heavy saber strike damage is 50 (I havent got a clue really). So, I run up and kick you and you are in heavy stance, not swinging or moving, saber out and ready, facing directly at you....you should take 25 damage. After all, your basically kicking my LIGHT SABER...you SHOULD take damage.

Otherwise, its great.

Originally posted by cjais

I suspect that all 1.03'ers will upgrade and maybe even some old-school 1.02'ers. That still leaves a solid core of determined 1.02'ers who will still play the old game.

One can only hope. I'm the poster child for 1.02, but it's getting mighty thin on our servers. I'm going to give this a try, but if it has all the epeleptic-seisure-enducing blocking, I've got to get the hell away from this game.

Has it been confirmed that a client side AND server side version of 1.04 will be released today? Many of the changes that really ruined the game after 1.02 were client side changes that no server-side mod in the world would have corrected.

Any clue?

Originally posted by TheRock

Funny thing is, one only needs to think logically about kicking to see the correction:

If I run up to you and kick you with your saber up....wouldnt you block it? I know this is the same issue with the assfighting...someone runs up and backstabs me while Im facing them with saber up and I cant block it....BUT MY GOD, you can block BULLETS....

At the very LEAST, kicking someone with thier saber up should incur ATLEAST 50% DAMAGE based on what stance they are in. Say, (guessing) heavy saber strike damage is 50 (I havent got a clue really). So, I run up and kick you and you are in heavy stance, not swinging or moving, saber out and ready, facing directly at you....you should take 25 damage. After all, your basically kicking my LIGHT SABER...you SHOULD take damage.

Otherwise, its great.

I totally agree with this. You should have to think twice before sticking your leg out in front of a Jedi's ready lightsaber. Kicks should only be effective in the right circumstances, like when you parry a blow or win a saber-lock. Of course, you should be able to do them any time you want, but you'll have to accept the risk.

This could also be an advantage if you're fighting a gun user, since there's no chance of chopping off your own leg.

call me a newbie if you must, but i have never known jk2 on any patch other than 1.03, sooooooo i dont really know which i prefer, if any. i dont understand most of the talk of the blocking system because im unaware of what the former blocking system was like. but, i do play this game a hell of a lot, and i know what ur saying about kick being gay, and bs being whored to death, and even the throw+pull combo. if the new blocking system sucks so much u're left with two main options.

re-install jk2, and switch back to the 1.02 patch, and refuse to play in any other games, and hope that peer pressure will force everyone back to 1.02

OR

someone make an official petition, one stating what the gamers think the problem is with it, and have everyone on this forum sign it, and spam the lobby gettin others to sign it. it never hurts to try?

anyway those are just my thoughts, btw i would love it if sum1 explained the major diffences between 1.02 and .03

Originally posted by QuietSith

Kicking was much worse in 1.02 than it is in 1.03 / 1.04.

It was the same except u had to tap only once on jump button

The problem is not here Quietsith

Try to look at the facts before responding blindly

The trouble is that in 1.02 there was risk to use Pull, Kick or whatever close attack cause basically u could get slashed ( i don t count the number of times i died while pulling a moron slashing wildly just at that moment )

Now with the utter Crappy invincible guard there is no risk to use such attacks, u could pull all u wanted in 1.03 never being hit while doing it, same for kick and i don t talk about the infamous rear guard after DFA

Now that pull is gone, there is kick left and imo it was a pretty bad move to get rid of pull and backstab considering the other things raven could have done

Instead of making those moves risky again ( by tweaking the guard ) they just crippled them so they are useless .......much like the way they did to Drain and Heal

The next time what will they render useless ?? This game already have not much moves .....don t get rid of all of them Raven

If you keep nerfing everything that does damage, you won't have any moves left. Kick was not much worse in 1.02, not at all. In 1.02, getting close enough to kick meant you were going to get slashed, like Orangina said, it was all because of the blocking system.

My response was not unrespectful

I just said that before saying that something was worse ( or better ) than someting else, especially without arguments, you should consider all of the tweaks made to the game

Now if u can t bear that then don t talk to me ........i don t see why i should argue if you can t explain your point of view calmly

As for the patch, if we want those tweaks in it it s cause mods are not supposed to fix the basic gameplay ( i hate that excuse for devs to waste a game ) and cause a lot of competitive players want to do ladders .......and ladders use generally the official patch and not mods

""The back-flip off a wall/opponent was changed into a double-tap. This was mostly done because it was frustrating to try to get over a small lip and end up back-flipping off of it. In combat, you can still kick someone and knock them down with this move, but you have to do a double-tap. Also, it was noticed that the strong style was completely vulnerable to this move because of the long wind-up time of it's attacks. A somewhat skilled jump-kicker could always knock down a strong style user (often you could not see the kick coming). So the jump-kick was made to not *knock down* a strong user who is in the middle of a swing. It still does damage and you still flip off them. "

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54081

1.03 kick changes.

It was worse in 1.02.

:holosid: "Wipe them out. All of them."

Well well. I think I might actually give this one a try. I haven't played multiplayer for over a month now since the Rise of the Assfighters.© When I discovered that I was stooping to their tactics as it was the only way to get around that dang saber block, I darn near committed seppuku in shame. I went back to the divinely inspired version (v1.02), but there just weren't any servers running it in sufficient quantities, so I resorted to getting my saber jollies from playing single player and spawning in legions of reborn to whoop up on.

Perhaps Raven could take a cue from the old JK, where you were more effective with blocking if you had your crosshairs on the opponent's face. That would actually add some modicum of skill to the whole thing.

I see wondrous things about servers running with the saber blocking tuned down, but I never saw it advertised on the server lists, and it's a bit much to wade through all the details using Gamespy to see what the cvars are set to....

I guess we'll see how it goes.

Originally posted by NwO_2k_Mutt

My word this thread has struck a nerve eh ? If some of the people played as much as they bitched and whine, they wouldnt have to complain becuase they would have more skill !

That's probably the wisest thing I've read.

I'm personally done with this thread.

I got exactly what I wanted in a patch.

I'm happy. :)

I know these changes quietsith

What i point out is that even if the move is harder to perform, it s still riskless to do now

Even with SD it s something to fear, i ve seen some kickers wich use it over and over once u re down with the first one, so with the normal blocking of 1.03 it s really riskless to perform a kick on someone else

But i waiting forward to say "i told ya so" ;)

Welp

I was a hardcore saberist in 1.02.

All I did was play on duel servers, and occasionally FFA and TDM. I was also a heavy stance whore. I didn't learn it from anyone else, I just learned to use it very well at the time of release.

I never had a problem with kick. If someone was coming in to kick, you could either slash them, or roll away. Not a big deal at all.

good news I'm still the sh!t at JK2, it just takes me longer to kill people now. hehe, j/k :)

The whiners have gotten their way, it takes way to long to kill the other guy now... many of the assfighters you guys cried about are still some of the better duelists on the net however get used to 5 minute saber fights, lots of kicking, it's really lame, but that's just my IMHO.

I played this one guy who used to own me in 1.03 (mind you he hated "throw whores" and was an anti-assfighter, he just had mad dueling skillz)

Well guess what? I kicked his ass badly in our first attempt at 1.04. It doesn't make me awesome, it's just he can't throw his saber anymore (impeccable throw aim) and since you don't have to worry about having a saber thrown at you if you start combos from out of range, it's just running around like chickens with their heads cut off, fighting with glowsticks, how gay is that?

btw, I won the FFA with 40 kills in 20 minutes, that's actually pretty bad for me. I won all my duels. I'm not saying I'm awesome, just before any of the whiners responds with "Well he's just bitter because they nerfed pull/backsweep" well you're f@@king right I am bitter but at the same time I can win without it. It just makes the game way too much longer and all the good players (myself included) we're literally kicking the sh!t out of the rest of the players.

Archived