Home

Official JKII 1.04 Patch Thread

SaberPro

Originally posted by lexx

My screenshots bind was working fine before 1.04. Yesterday I took a hell of a load of great screenshots, 10 men high towers, sabers circles, I even landed on the very top of ffa_bespin but none of my screenshots came out even though it said "Wrote screenshot!" I checked my base/shreenshots folder after and it was empty. :(

The current bind I have is: /bind p "take screenshot" - which worked fine with 1.03. Does anyone know if there is a new bind for 1.04???

Lexx,

I dont know if this is the problem but in 1.03 I used:

"bind f12 screenshot" not "take screenshot"

bind f12 screenshot still works for me in 1.04, hope its that simple of a fix for you.

Kaan

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, the DFA (Death From Above manuever) once again will kill instantly, like the one in v1.02, just without pivoting. All of the saber moves have been powered-up, which could do a lot of damage if a shot was scored.

The mid-air lunge has been removed, along with the high-fall save lunges.

The backsweep/backstab has been tweaked, and powered-down, and plus no more pivoting. There's a big fix :) When I was playing FF Sabers only, that Pull+Backsweep manuever people kept trying to do to me will not work because you can't knock people over with pull anymore

When you enter a Duel, you can't use any inventory like Bacta Tanks, and plus if it is a FF server, you can't use Saber Throw.

As for duels, it's more fun now because the saber damage has been increased, but your defense is still like in 1.03, can almost block any saber swings. So no more newbie's-random-swings that kills you because skills matter more in 1.04 :)

One last thing...any body noticed the roll? You can now control the roll much...more. While rolling forward you could actually pull back lol, and the backroll sometimes rolls shorter distance (not always)

Anybody notice the jump height? Higher? Or is it just me...

the saberdamagescale does work rather nicely, to me it brings the best of 1.02 (fast saber duels) and the best of 1.04 together! I don't mind that the DFA or the backstabs are one hit kills, they are easy to counter, but when you can pivot, and when the dfa can kill you when his saber is in the ground and not even visible then that is what i didn't like. now the DFA people have to sit on the ground and wait while i come up and do a blue lunge on em :)

Anyway, 1.04 patch with saberdamagescale on to whatever you want really makes this game shine again!

good job raven!!

Did they change the yellow dfa? The animation looks different and I also noticed that I don't seem to stick the landing like it used to. Now i almost land running and don't have that 2 second period where I'm on the ground with my saber sticking out...

Just me or have you guys noticed this too?

--poomba

I just got off a NF Duel only server and I must say the patch is a step in the right direction.

The gameplay felt very much like 1.2; smoother, faster perhaps, than 1.3. It's not perfect, but it's better than the atrocious 1.3.

A guy tried to BS me, but it didn't work. Even when I was within killing range. Is this a good thing (maybe he wasn't trying to "kill" me; just see how it changed)? I'll leave that up to the BS debate for those who love or hate it.

The main thing is that even though saber stances haven't been increased/decreased with this patch (to my knowledge) I actually WON the entire duel (10 kill limit with 5 other people) and could not do that with 1.3 at all -- Not just because of BS, but because while L.A./Raven claimed 1.3 was more SP like, it felt very stiff and restricted to me whereas 1.4 feels very fluid and smooth when comparing rolls, backflips and other offensive/defensive moves such as those which I will credit a large part of what allowed me to win the duel by doging and moving and then getting my shots in like any good saberist.

I have been playing since this game came out. Overall, I like the 1.04 patch, but really, I didn't mind the other patch either. The assfighters were easily dealt with with some clever manuvering, and I never became such an "elite" player like some of you who talked about the game becoming boring and pointless.

I have tried just about ever mod out there, and some changes are fun for a while. But what we sometimes forget is that this is one of the best games out there. Especially for a big star wars fan! I remember when I first got it I would just turn on and off my saber just to hear the cool sound. Watching a group of people flailing about with all the different colored lightsabers was, and still is, a treat. And having a lanparty where everyone there is playing and having a good time, is the pinnacle of playing games like this.

Now, some people like this, and others hate that, but I have found with proper saber skills, and knowledge of the force, light and dark, I have found I can still sometimes win a deathmatch, even on my 56k connection. None of the "problems" ever really affected me, because I concentrated on forward fighting, heavy stance sabering, using light or dark side force, depending on the map.

So, if you are reading this, on PAGE 6 of the thread, you too must be a true fan of the game, despite whatever problems people think it has. I know I'll keep playing, because its still FUN. See you on the servers. ;)

Inskipp

Originally posted by Darth Kaan

Lexx,

I dont know if this is the problem but in 1.03 I used:

"bind f12 screenshot" not "take screenshot"

bind f12 screenshot still works for me in 1.04, hope its that simple of a fix for you.

Kaan

Thanx, I just re-typed the bind and it works fine now! Weird eh? Maybe it was a server thing, I don't know. :confused:

Forgive me if this waas already addressed. in the notes it says only 1.4 servers will be visable in the game browser when selecting multiplayer, but 1.3 servers are still showing up. Does anyone know how to filter these out?

Originally posted by Smart_Saber

I've got tons of models downloaded. Does 1.04 affect them? Will they just stop working? Do they only not work when playing online?

They shouldnt affect your skins/models

and your models will only work if the server has the same exact model/skin

How about this(to increase skill and damage).

I say: let's not increase saber damage, just tweak the amount of blocking. The blocking system should be like this.

Picture the player standing in the middle of a clock, with the 12 right in front of him, so the 6 is behind him.(old system used in dogfighting)

A successful block should be the result of looking at the incoming blow in the arc from 11 o' clock to 1 o'clock.(thats about 60° - i think). So the player would actually have to aim in order for him to block successfully.

If the blow lands outside that arc, it should do gradually more damage. i.e.: hit at 3 o' clock should be less damage than hit at 6 o'clock(about instant death).

Second: gunners have gotten too much of an advantage over saberists. Noone likes to use sabers in an all weapons server anymore. Don't tweak the gun damage or ammo ammount, but I think saberists should run just a bit faster than gunners, and a saber contact with a gunner should be instant death. Gunners will fear saberists that way, but would remain very strong(distance advantage,...)

Sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone tried the 1.04 patch with the tck mod yet?

This is the tck saber mod that not only lets you configure your saber but also lets you change the size of your bots and models to different sizes.

I don't want to upgrade unless this mod works in 1.04.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Tenshu

How about this(to increase skill and damage).

I say: let's not increase saber damage, just tweak the amount of blocking. The blocking system should be like this.

Picture the player standing in the middle of a clock, with the 12 right in front of him, so the 6 is behind him.(old system used in dogfighting)

A successful block should be the result of looking at the incoming blow in the arc from 11 o' clock to 1 o'clock.(thats about 60° - i think). So the player would actually have to aim in order for him to block successfully.

If the blow lands outside that arc, it should do gradually more damage. i.e.: hit at 3 o' clock should be less damage than hit at 6 o'clock(about instant death).

Second: gunners have gotten too much of an advantage over saberists. Noone likes to use sabers in an all weapons server anymore. Don't tweak the gun damage or ammo ammount, but I think saberists should run just a bit faster than gunners, and a saber contact with a gunner should be instant death. Gunners will fear saberists that way, but would remain very strong(distance advantage,...)

Wow :eek: Someone wich came up with the same wish i *cough* spam *cough* since some time :p

I m not alone :D

was there a saber damage scale in other versions? or is this new to 1.04?

either way i LOVE 1.04 even though many ppl don't because their precious bs has been removed and balance has been restored throughout the galaxie

Originally posted by FlashFearless

That arch-clock-system will just make people circle-strafe around each other constantly trying to get around the other person's defenses

Why is that a bad thing? It actually involves skill and could easily provide with either very long battles or very short ones.

this new patch is crap

just as crap as the last one, raven soft have truly destroyed what was a great game

now that people cant backstab they have turned to other, more annoying moves

It is FAR too easy to block

this guy was standing facing away from me, i pounded him at least 6 times on RED stance, he blocked all of them, even though he was facing away from me, and he was idle, i've seen people block when they are on the ground and doing force lighting, because its so easy to block, its hard to kill people with a lightsaber, people are now turning to lightning, i see people having lighting battles instead of lightsaber duels, but why shouldn't people use lightning, its impossible to block, and it does quite a fair amount of damage + it recharges giving the person a basically limitless supply of lightning

I was fighting a guy and this is what he did, lighting, run backwards slashing randomly ( as we know you can still block with your back turned and even if you are slashing air in front of you) untill his force power had returned then did lighting again, he even got in a few backstabs.

Also in the very same game, another person only used force pull and kick, and when someone tried to attack him he would use mind trick to run away like a little girl

I have now deleted JK2 and i will never re-install it, as i have no confidence that ravensoft can produce any quality software anymore

they had a good game but destroyed it, im sure they will destroy games like quake 4 and further demolish sof2's reputation.

Anything i get thats made from ravensoft will now be copied as i dont think they deserve the money for such major, and fluctuating changes in gameplay.

^^^ 6 times with heavy stance huh? coudln't connect? well your skill is obviously too amazing for this game. you're right, someone with your talent and patience should probably move on and play a more challenging game, like online barbie.

the game should be based on movement, attacking, counter attacking, not just standing there doing nothing with the ablity to block basically everything

i said that to show how stupidly easy the blocking is, and from that develops people who just use lightning, because lets face it, its easier, and requires no skill

the fact of the matter is, the game is base on movement attacking and counterattacking. you can easily get past defences by doing one of the following.

1 get out of they're blocking arc

2 use a stronger stance

3 use a combo

4 use a special attack

and thats only if they do nothing but block.

Archived