Home

Official JKII 1.04 Patch Thread

SaberPro

its a bit hard to get out of their blocking arc if its 360degs

if you would have remembered my post, i said that i attacked someone in red stance, from behind and they still blocked it.

Combos are still easily blocked, i see the models moving the light saber at 100km/h

and also i dont use special moves because im trying to destroy them because of how crap they are, and how often they are abused

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes i just dont get developers.. it seems like their only solution to the backstab spamming was to nerf the dammage done by it..

in the game manual it's supposed to be an unblockable, devestating move.

:rolleyes:

if it keeps going in this direction.. in ver. 1.09 all saber moves will do 10 damage or less if it even hit coz of the überblocking.. imagine.. a duel that goes on for 2 hours

i see total newbies owning at the servers right now.. this isnt the way it's supposed to be.. an experienced JK gamer should be able to win with skill.. not luck.

i dont understand why they didnt just make it a key-combo move.. that way it would take SKILL to perform it and practicly impossible to spam.

come on raven.. this is getting ridiculous

an experienced JK gamer should be able to win with skill.. not luck.

ok you have obviously never seen a match between someone with skill and someone without. why the hell am i even responding to this idiotic statement. any good player can cut down a newbie with his one hand behind his back. infact i could probably take any newbie with only my feet. so....

SHAAADUP!

Originally posted by ryudom

ok you have obviously never seen a match between someone with skill and someone without. why the hell am i even responding to this idiotic statement. any good player can cut down a newbie with his one hand behind his back. infact i could probably take any newbie with only my feet. so....

SHAAADUP!

dude... why are you flaming me and agreeing with me at the same time?

all i'm saying is: many ppl including me spend allota servertime gaining skill.. and everytime i'm feeling comfortable with the game.. they go and change the rules. i 0wn newbies to (well i sure as hell hope i do otherwise maybe its time to go find another game ;) ) anyways, that was not my point.

honestly.. do you think its fair thar newbies can top the list on a server that holds many experienced players? why is it that everytime there is a small problem in this game, raven decides to nerf it? just change the way it's performed (possibly by turning the backstab into a key-combo) thereby forcing the whining n00bs to actually gain some skill instead of reducing the damage..

this is not the same game i bought anymore..

flame away...

RAVEN freakin' beta test these patches....you must not try them or you would realize how bad they suck.

Put some power in the saber and maybe it wouldn't suck, but right now it's monkeys just hitting each other like 100 times spinning and random because no one fears getting hit.

You almost only ever die because of the lame lightening fighters...force push and pull...RIP

Originally posted by Demolisher

Raven sucks at beta testing! I know this for a fact when they patched Heretic II; they released patches with loads of bugs. Before that, they left Hexenworld in beta all together :mad:

If your the same demolisher that was in Onslaught, then I have no idea wtf your talking about. Raven did a good job with heretic 2, we and the rest of onslaught used to play it all the time with no problems.

Er if your not that demolisher, well er disregard this :p

Actually..... today i played alot of duels by just keeping attack pressed down in blue stance, and sort of trying to keep my enemy within the crosshair.

I lost 18..... I won 42!!!

I 'd say that SUCKS big-time! :(

[DJC] Grendizer

another good point made by some of the other posters, is that sabering doesnt require skill

you run around each other waving your sabers randomly, and somewhat in the direction of the other person, hoping that you may get a hit in, its complete luck, there is no way you can controll the saber or the blocking, why dont we just let bots play for us, all we are doing now is holding the mouse button, the strafe buttons, and force button if you really wanna annoy them

(possibly by turning the backstab into a key-combo) thereby forcing the whining n00bs to actually gain some skill instead of reducing the damage..

[/b]

That wouldn't work too well because then people would just script the bs....

Can people stop complaining about the low damage on sabers? go play on any g_saberdamagescaled server...

another good point made by some of the other posters, is that sabering doesnt require skill

ok... heres the deal->

there are few people out there that go for precise movements and not wild saber wacking. but those precise people can kill any saber flalling lunitic. how can you say sabering doesn't require skill? have you not seen anyone with skill? probably not. I'm sick of people saying you don't require skill, and how newbies own servers. well if newbies own and saber flalling lunitics own you, you suck.

honestly.. do you think its fair thar newbies can top the list on a server that holds many experienced players?

if newbies are owning experienced players, those experienced players must suck. i never see newbies cut down anyone good.

well i don't see how i was agreeing with you, but sorry for the flamming anyway. its just annorying how people are saying how the patch sucks even though its balanced now and people say there is no skill required.

people who do precise moves are often overwhelmed by random stabbing, and because its so easy to block there is no point. How do i know this... because i have tried going to single more precise moves, unless you mean precise as in doing a barrage of 1-hit kill moves.

I'm a true 1.02 veteran, I currently have the 1.04 installed to test it out.

Me and a friend tried it together and did a couple of tests.

In one of these tests we had a kick Vs. saber duel.

The kicker almost always won, in the end having almost full health.

Later I dueled against another guy who had played 1.03-1.04 intensively. He considered himself to be a experienced player:

My tactic was simple, yellow stance; button pushed in always. Finnish of with yellow special.

It felt to me like zero skill, but guess what: I won with big figures.

Another pathetic thing i have noticed:

This equation happens to me alot, how about you?

red stance+confused and outplayed newbie+perfect hit in his back=

...?

That's right... a BLOCK!

I think I'm going back to 1.02 again....

PS: Flame me and I'll burn you down like an old house!

Well u ppl who suck, got ur way again first the 1.02-1.03 saber handling changes now 1.04 u guys want to get rid of kicks. First off kicking is the same as it was in 1.03 just less used in 1.03 cause of the roll+pull. I for one kicked very well in all the patches, and there are counters for it if u have any skills what so ever u might just find em. Quit ur whining like i said b4 and play the damn game, ur ruining this game each time they nerf something else. 1.02 was fine, 1.03 grew on me, 1.04 takes to long to kill and drain is just a pain in the ass now.

Well I believe that 1.04 is almost the best version of JKII for a few reasons:

[*]You now need skill(So people won't get tired of JKII as easily)

[*]Now Throw Hos can Rule

[*]Now you have to be exact

[*]The Force and Technique Balance is great(except for a few nerfs on the moves)

[*]And Finally, if you don't like it, play a mod

[/list=1]

Originally posted by GRENDIZER

Actually..... today i played alot of duels by just keeping attack pressed down in blue stance, and sort of trying to keep my enemy within the crosshair.

I lost 18..... I won 42!!!

I 'd say that SUCKS big-time! :(

[DJC] Grendizer

EXACTLY...you need heavy damage...it's a FREAKIN' Light Saber..it cuts you in HALF! Those damage scaled servers are freakin' hard to find...there was only 1 jk2++ server and now it's gone. 1.04 as is, is totally worthless...if they had left damage scale about where it was in 1.03 and just fixed the bugs (not messing up force powers as well)...maybe we'd have a game worth playing

Suck @55!!!

This patch has got to be the biggest waste of time...

I had actually heard about all the gayness that is is 1.04 and decided I would go test it out. Well I loaded up on a FFA server and hit it with my blue saber. I held the button down and just went through swinging and hacking like a newb. I felt pathetic, but you know what...?? I did well, really well.

Then I decided I would go on a lightning and red saber lunge festival. 2nd place that time.

I think I can safely say we have moved backwards with this patch. Its definately a step in the wrong direction at any rate. Here are my opinions on several things.

Backward moment is now about 75% of your forward movement rate, reverse rolling included. I liked my reverse rolls to get out of the way of things. However this significantly reduces the effectiveness of @55-fighting, even though I love those @55-fighters. Yeah that is right, just keep backing up and let me show you where I put this saber.

Blue saber style gimps are owning on all kinds of different servers. On that note, never seen so many high placed "Padawan"s in my life. All it takes is them holding down attack and running through swinging wildy. Truly sad indeed.

I use pull a lot and even I will say that it is overpowered now. Even with absorb on I was still getting yanked backwards... hello, something is wrong with that.

Being locked into any position for any amount of time is devastating. On that note, Red/Yellow sweep are almost useless(Oh sure they still do damage, but she ain't what she used ta be). Getting tagged 2 or 3 times with a blue saber in the time it takes to complete a red swing is painful.

Also drain power is drastically overpowered now, I personaly think the amount of drain should be commensurate with the amount of force being put into it, like a 1:1 ratio. I could even settle for a 1:1.3, but in its current state combined with lightning you give a distinct advantage to dark force users. You will see a lot more of them on the servers now.

At least they didn't screw with kick, thank god. Not really all that many good kick combos now short of kicking someone off into the void or kick/red lunge though.

No movement during red sweep and the reduction to its power is horrible... I don't want to hear any whining from you blue saber swinging noobs out there either. On one of the servers I play on we violently enforce a no saber = no kill and no text killing policy. I usually don't kick people, but I will if they get bad. But normally I just pull/kick someone who is sabering someone with saber down and a quick red sweep and they were outta my hair. Now I have to tolerate these gimps who are killing ppl with saber down. We actually have to whip out our sabers and go through the lengthy task of killing these fools to proceed with what we were doing, be it gooifing off or dueling. Dueling... there is another good time to use the red sweep to kill gimps getting in the way of duelers. So much for that.

No saber toss during duels = tolerable. I personally used it on certain occasions. But it wasn't a must for me to win.

Lemme see... What else... ???

Ahh yes then there are the bugs. Invisible saber : For anyone who wants to do this its really easy... I figure the more people who know about it and the more people who use it and annoy others the quicker it will get fixed. Also its important for these types of things to be known so that they can be fixed. On that note... Jack your force Saber toss all the way up(make sure you die or respawn so it will take effect). Now whip out your saber, blue style easiest. Toss your saber and as soon as it leaves your hand hold down attack and then release your throw. Keep holding down attack. Now just before the saber comes back to your hand, step to the left a few steps. If done correctly, the saber should be spinning around you. Keep holding down attack and it will keep spinning. Now use your taunt key(WooHooo), while still holding down your attack. Now walk away and go jump off of a cliff, while still holding down your attack. When you die and respawn, while still holding down your attack, you will respawn just a swinging away. Well that is it, release your attack(at long last). Put your saber away and you can now run up to ppl and simple get close and your invisible saber will tag them for 20 points of damage or thereabouts. Pretty simple huh...

Also they need to fix our colors as well.

Well that pretty much ends my rather lengthy post. Other than saying this patch pretty much sucked the life out of the game. I will play on it for a while and see what other gripes / complaints / positive notes(there weren't many) I can come up with.

That said... may the force be with all the noobs, after all they own the servers now.

Saber Proctologist & The Nasty Wookiee(he wanted me to tag his sig on here as well since he plays on my machine :) )

"Just keep backing that big ole @55 up and I will shove my saber so far down where the sun don't shine it will take an oral surgeon to get it out!"

EDIT : In case you were wondering what my personal preference was... I "WAS" a red saber style, good force using, absorb that gay @55 lightning, pull/kick, sweeping mofo. And I was damn good at it too. In duels I swapped up a lot though, using mid air blue lunges, red lunges, yellow/red sweeps, etc... I NEVER blue backstabbed in a duel though, that would just be insulting.

Now all i have to do is imitate those that I formerly despised so much and just run through the game in blue saber style while hodling down attack. Maybe I will take an occasional break to heal up by draining all the force, rather quickly I might add, from all the people I run into. Toss the occasional lightning. Or perhaps I will just use some "rage"in cajun style while swinging my blue saber madly to do even more gay damage.

sigh............................

After installing the patch, I had a quick FFA game against some top level bots. Within 1 Minute of starting a sabre fight with the bot it was dead and I had jack all damage.

Rather odd I think. The Bot was no challange at all.

i said it before and i'll say it agian: if padwan's own you with light spamming, you suck

It's true. If a noob beat the hell out of you with any spam, you really just suck. Plain and simple.

Anyone with good footwork and saber combo skills can maul down a noob within seconds of the fight. It's true in 1.04 more noobs are getting their lucky shots in, but anyone that I've played with that has any skills never has problems.

Lots of you are testing this patch out in FFA rooms, which has ALWAYS been about spamming cheap moves over and over to get kills. If you want to consider getting the most frags "winning" the map, then you're obviously missing out on a better game of dueling.

people who do precise moves are often overwhelmed by random stabbing, and because its so easy to block there is no point. How do i know this... because i have tried going to single more precise moves, unless you mean precise as in doing a barrage of 1-hit kill moves.

You're hitting people in the wrong places or swinging in the wrong direction buddy, there's all kinds of holes in defense of any stance. You're obviously NOT that precise if you can't hit people. If you think sabering require such low skills, that's why you keep getting killed, should go back to "circle strife and rocket jumping" games instead.

Ok The new patch has remove the ability to really get to use the saber as an attack weapon on highly competitive CTF ladder. If you think not? then simply join the ladder and scrim one of the top 5 clans at http://www.teamwarfare.com and you will see for youself that there is noway you can use sabers to do anyting but to defend agains some weapons. I changed my force config to have now only light saber attack and level 3 defense .. throw at nothing.. why bother..

I love sabers.. I love force powers. If it wasnt for those two things I would not be playing JO. I am not into quake/unreal. They are just weapon games no real complexity there.

Well Raven is on their way to rename'n their game to something like Quake Knight or Unreal Knight instead of Jedi Knight.

Of course our clan http://www.bfcarnage.com is having to conform to this new changes and we are. But I feel that the community for high competition is looking for something else now. JK2++ maybe the answer as they beef up the damage a saber uses. Check them out at http://forums.wdonline.com

Also I posted some info on how to Key Bind switching between Light and Dark forces instantly. http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69857

I figured doing this will help promote the use of JK2++ mod since Raven is clueless.

Archived