Home

Official JKII 1.04 Patch Thread

SaberPro

dewds what are u guys taklkinb about 1.04 is the best patch Ever!!!

EVEr!!!!!

now i can liek totaly have thoes totaly kewl duels like in the movies ya know??? who Cares about the copmetitive community?? as long as i can have kewl duels with my friends without lamerz like peeple who are g00d and kil me with special moevs its all good because now sabers make lots of sparks and its totaly co0l and pretty its like watching a movie but except u control the actors!!! how kewl is that!!! only problem is that saberz can kill. dewd if u check out the movies, duels always last longer than the 10 minutes it takes now, I say we make it so like saberz do less damage so liek we can make more pretty duels and its ok if it takes longer, because spectators can watch our cool 1337 duels so they won't care if it takes a long tiem

1.04 ROX0RZZZZZZ

peace out dewds

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. I just read the topic above this entitled "Anti-patch proclamation." Some guy had just finished ranting on about how he didn't like the patch. Naturally everyone flamed him and called him a geek. I think its a hilarious double-standard that when someone does like the patch, they are still called a geek.

LOL.

Observation:

If you like the patch, you are a geek.

If you hate the patch, you are also a geek.

Hmm...

Conclusion: Don't get the patch unless you want to be a "geek," which is just another way for people to make themselves feel better by tearing someone else down through insulting them with a generalization. Penis envy for all.

Well done community. Really come through this time.

Is this what the gamming community has come too? A bunch of whiny little babies bitching and complainging about every little "problem" with a game? Then the develpoers ****ing with the gameplay of a game with patches which are suppose too be used too fix bugs, not change the gameplay too appease morons and whiners. Heres a tip for all you whiners out there: Insted of whining and complaining about every little thing, get some damn skill and learn ways around it. I never bitched about a move a player used, and i loved fighting ass fighters. Too me ass fighter = easy target. I didn't sit there and bitch cuase someone was better then me, i learned and practeced. I learn how my oppenets fight, find thier weaknesses, and exploet them. Hell, i love fighting people better then me, it makes things much more fun. Well i beter make my point before i rant on and on. My point is this: Don't sit and whine ause you don't like the gameplay of a game, stop playing, or shutup. Simple Easy, Done.

Dun bother flamming me for my post, i don't really give a ****, it just proves your own stupidity.

Im out.

My only concern with the new patch is saber damage. Increase it for most of the moves which deserve more damage.

But otherwise, the patch is fun to play with, especially in duels.

Team based games like CTF is definitely a no-no for sabers simply cause they deal too little damage.

And finally, people bitch and complain because they are giving opinions to make the game more balanced and better. The fact taht they do this does not mean they should not learn to adapt for now, however.

Also, how is drain so powerful? If I use up my max force as lvl3 drain, I have 3 bars left, you have 4. IMO that's good for drain since it makes it worth it now compared to 1.03. 5 bars and very little health gained. now it's 4 bars left for the opponent and you get a decent amount of health back. IMO dark and light are well balanced now.

Dark needs to get in close to get back health but it can sort of stay a ways back using lightning on light players.

Light needs to get in close to deal its damage but runs away for health.

Good patch raven, just need more saber damage. That's it.

The only thing I would ask for more would be newsaber moves-but balance is really good right now, with the exception of sabers vs guns. This would be fixed with increased saber damage.

Myst

Since this is the official 1.04 thread I shall gladly tell you all that 1.04 is GARBAGE!

Sabers are more like large Q-tips considering the sad amount of damage they do. Has anyone noticed the picture at the top of every page with Kyle running his saber along the wall. Do you think a saber that melts the metal as he walks should be weak?

The game is still too slow. It should be as quick as 1.02 if not faster.

Most players fight in very similar ways because there are not enough feasible options for them to pick from.

The stupid notion that "nerfing" and weakening moves is the way to balance the game remains. I thought 1.03 would have taught us all a lesson but it did not.

If you have a search engine that tracks servers and players please compare your numbers for the next couple of months. I have been watching the numbers and they are dropping agani just as they did when the first patch came out.

I find it hard to call this a fix if everytime they "fix" something they lose another chunk of the community. Had they stayed with 1.02 and touched nothing there would be more people playing today.

Thanks

PS if you are going to tell me I am wrong please do not say anything along the lines of

"if you don't like it don't play" - this is an idiotic statement to make being that we all realize that what is said here shapes the next patch.

while I think upping the saber damage on servers would help, the problem is most of the public servers out there run the "vanilla" settings, i.e. the default ones. It's great if you play on the same boxes and know the admins, but if you're used to publics, it might take awhile for the admins to making the changes (if they do it at all)...

for those of you who HAVE tried upping the damage scale, what are your thoughts? I tried it on my buddy's box (saberdamagescale 2), and it was pretty intense... two clean hits in red always kills your opponents, which makes for truly skilled since wildly whacking away at a patient opponent guarantees death! however, what do the rest of you think? I know some of you will be leery of this change because in effect it makes most of the saber attacks "1 hit kills", but I truly believe it requires more skill to fight this way since you have to choose your attacks carefully... and besides, for all of you who have been clamouring for duels "like the movies", well brother, this is most like the movies since anytime a character was hit directly with a lightsaber, bad stuff invariably happened:

TPM: Qui-Gon impaled by Darth Maul's backstab

TPM: Obi-Wan cuts Darth Maul in half with a clean swipe

AOTC: Obi-Wan cuts Zam Wessel's arm off in the nightclub

AOTC: Darth Tyrannus maims Obi-Wan (and those were just nicks!)

AOTC: Darth Tyrannus chops half of Anakin's right arm off

ANH: Obi-Wan cuts off Ponda Baba's arm in Mos Eisley Cantina

ANH: Darth Vader kills Obi-Wan in the Death Star

TESB: Luke cuts off the Wampa's arm on Hoth

TESB: Luke grazes Vader (it was a glancing blow and the armour took most of the damage but he was pissed)

TESB: Vader cuts off Luke's right hand

ROTJ: Luke goes ape-sh!t on Jabba's barge and kills a whole whack of gangsters (all with one hit)

ROTJ: Luke chops of Vader's hand

sorry for the length but the point is, if you like movie-style fights, well, most ended up being "1-hit kills"... I kinda strayed off topic...

my final 2 cents: the patch isn't THAT bad, I hated it at first, I still don't like the length of the fights, I'm still decent, but playing for too long gives me sore mouse hand and saber only boards are kind of a joke now because of the lengthiness of duels...

too guys who say they can annihilate any "wildly-swinging newb", please list your handle, I'm always up for a challenge and I have some points I'd like to prove :)

too guys who say they can annihilate any "wildly-swinging newb", please list your handle, I'm always up for a challenge and I have some points I'd like to prove

i play as ryudom or, ^1ryu^7dom if that makes any differance when searching. have icq? play on zone? i also have points i'd like to prove

to technobot:

I play with saberdamagescale at 2 myself and I love it. It does make it just like the movies. I don't see why there would be a problem with the 1 hit kill thing you are talking about since the DFA the BS and the medium finisher are one hit kills even without the damagescale. I also like it at two because it takes skill. I can wait and get one good hit with red stance in, then switch to yellow and finish the player off. to me it plays like 1.02 but you don't have the "cheating" that 1.02 had with the DFA. It wasn't really cheating, but i do remember feeling cheated when i would get killed by a DFA when the move was finished and the guys saber was in the ground. Now i let him do his little DFA or whatever he wants to do and I run in while he's on the ground and show him who's boss.

the saberdamagescale also solves the unbalance with sabers and guns in CTF and FFA's. I wish more servers would adopt this change. I play mostly on the zone or by IP because my clan choses to and we have been using saberdamagescale and the jedimod for a while now and we love it.

thats just my two cents.

too guys who say they can annihilate any "wildly-swinging newb", please list your handle, I'm always up for a challenge and I have some points I'd like to prove :) [/b]

my handle is Deimos

most of the time I'm on the dark duel servers. I'm always down for a good duel.

you can check here if I'm on or not

what the hell kinda fights do you guys play?? 5 minutes 10 minutes???? how do you get it that long?? my duels are no longer then 2-3 minutes probalby with normal saber damage. with g_saberdamagescale 3 it takes about about 10-30 seconds

Originally posted by ryudom

what the hell kinda fights do you guys play?? 5 minutes 10 minutes???? how do you get it that long?? my duels are no longer then 2-3 minutes probalby with normal saber damage. with g_saberdamagescale 3 it takes about about 10-30 seconds

yea, my battles before saberdamagescale would take about 5 minutes. now i think about it do agree that 10-30 seconds is a better estimate for damagescale being set to 3. i use 2 mostly, probably why mine take a little bit longer, but yea, before it was about 4-5 minutes....no wonder i like saberdamagescale :)

Originally posted by ryudom

I think they're just exagurating (sp)

I did have 2 fights that was over 3 minutes because of similar footwork and skills. Everything else I remember was under 2 tops.

Upping the saber damage does not solve the problem, because the real problem is SHIELDS.... why the hell did raven put this in??? You don't see the jedis glowing green all the time in the movies. It feels like they thought ... hmm this is a first person shooter and in such a game there are always these two components: HEALTH and ARMOR... but we will call it shield to make it seem star wars like. Pffff!

The 25 shield points when you spawn makes sense... but shields are what ruin the fights. Plus upping the saber scale will make the specials more lethal and they shouldn't be. Besides it will encourage people to look and run for shields and health even more often with an upped saber damage. I vote for removing shields completely, and while we are at it remove med-kits and bacta canisters too. Then add an option for "natural" healing when crouched... which would mean you had three healing options.

- Drain

- Heal

- Crouch and heal

THIS would make saber fights really great... and about te weapons... well I only play saber servers, but I guess the damage on the weapons should be a bit lower... but I don't know really and if I think hard I am sure I don't care much :p

My two cents: 1.04 is great. Each patch has improved the game, period.

As for needed improvement areas, the problem ISN'T saber damage levels, it's how the blocking system works with lag. It really needs something done to it as it's causing all this uber-blocking behavior that people are blaming on the saber damage level. Tweak the code, not the damage!

And, Canis_Aureus it's easy to remove the health packs and shields as is! It's just a console command. No point removing it for everyone when you can just remove it for yourself.

And lighting, you don't need 1.03 before you up to 1.04.

Archived