Home

Official JKII 1.04 Patch Thread

SaberPro

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Absolutely months after the games realease this pointless jabbering about the patches continues. If you like it then play it if you don't then... well do whatever. Go start a library, or help your mother paint the house. Maybe you could start origami. I hate the patch and since I came to terms with the fact that it won't get any better for me, I discovered a wealth of interesting activities. Such as drawing, exercise and kicking little children. Don't let this game get you all pent up, go do something relaxing... don't take your pants off though.

Originally posted by Nill the Mean

Absolutely months after the games realease this pointless jabbering about the patches continues. If you like it then play it if you don't then... well do whatever. Go start a library, or help your mother paint the house. Maybe you could start origami. I hate the patch and since I came to terms with the fact that it won't get any better for me, I discovered a wealth of interesting activities. Such as drawing, exercise and kicking little children. Don't let this game get you all pent up, go do something relaxing... don't take your pants off though.

What's your point? That leaning back, giving up is the solution to any problems we might have? Your kind of thoughtpattern is what is threathening democracy today... the human race was not meant to lean back and give up. We were equipped with a creative mind to come up with real solutions and we invented language to discuss these solutions in an atempt to get the best solution to a given problem. If you feel like being catatonic fine by me... but don't bother this thread with your lack of interrest in our discussion.

Artifex is doing something good. He is using his creative mind like humans are supposed to and the rest of us here are discussing the problems and solutions... hoping to help Artifex make it right.

If everyone thought like you there would be no games for the PC since patches are required for every game and many times they are done because of feedback from the fans... although the content of the patches might not be inspired from the fans discussions.

We would all be sitting with gamecubes, x-boxes, playstations... pfff what a horrible world.

Originally posted by V-tecc

Me and a friend tried it together and did a couple of tests.

In one of these tests we had a kick Vs. saber duel.

The kicker almost always won, in the end having almost full health.

You simply can't argue with that. If you try it can only be because you are affraid that kicking is nerfed so you can't 0wn using it anymore. 9 out of 10 a kicker will win against a player who doesn't kick. Sometimes it might take time... but winning is almost certain. The only thing you can do against kick is kicking back. The only reason we don't see everyone kicking is because most people want to use the saber because that is what makes this game fun. This gives those few people who only care about winning the opportunity to use the pull+kick+dfa technique... you don't even need the dfa and kicking itself is more useful since you can push while lying down. I would gladly play anyone and just use kick and they should just use their saber... Your skill doesn't matter because I block all your attacks while jumping.

The kick is risk free.

- With a normal attack you still execute the attack if you miss and that leaves you open.

- If you miss a kick you just jump and that is actually good for defence.

- kick has longer range than the saber and is faster than even blue.

- Kick goes right to your health... shield don't matter.

- If your opponent hit with a kick there is no defence like against a saber hit.

Originally posted by ryudom

omg, you don't block all attacks when jumping, i always hit people on their way down

On their way down... what do you mean? You don't jump a lot when kicking... not when missing either.

Look it's like this.

With a saber swing... if you miss you a vulnerable.

With kick if you miss you still block like always.

Jumping will always be dangerous if you are hit from below, but that has nothing to do with kick.

Besides kicking is faster than even blue stance to execute and if you hit you can be sabered, but your opponent will be pushed away.

Any kicker can beat an equal saberer at least 9/10 if the fight is like this.

- Kicker uses kick and the other doesn't.

If the opponent is good it will just take a damn long time.

Any1 else hate this patch like i do?

i dont know but let me say what wrong with it:

1:This patch was obviously designed for Light Force user

Why:If your Dark and a person come behind you and grip+push basicaly your screwed on 1.3 and other patch you could actualy make your way back with lunge

2:The Thins is called "Light Saber" not a freaking Baseball bat designed for Kids

3:When you fall like in streets(the maps) and you manage to lands on something here what happens,if your light you can activate protect and save up some health,But if your dark even if you fall Rage wont save up much health since your loosing it when your activating rage that stupid.

4:FFA Server is plain stupid it a DFA Wars(Red Stance) so it just get boring

5:It was also designed for Duel even in FFA

6:It is Designed for freakin newbies that didnt guess that a pull can be easily countered even if your dark!

7:Dark Rage is totaly useless since you can push when your knocked

8:The Worst lamest thing,CTF,omg that jk2 mode seriously need a 1 hit kill i mean it just lame the carrier get team healed and he team energize his team so in a big ctf server you got to take out all the freakin team healer wich it take forever since they always manage to get near the carrier and even if the team healer is death the carrier still can drain his life back so you got to get the perfect timing on kick and take em out by doing a throw+lunge attack and wish hes done for but that rarely happen execpt for no pickups server

9:Playing Dark Force just blow there thousand of lightning and you have a liltle chance to drain em all

4:FFA Server is plain stupid it a DFA Wars(Red Stance) so it just get boring

its only dfa wars if every1 sucks. good players get way more kills without dfaing

6:It is Designed for freakin newbies that didnt guess that a pull can be easily countered even if your dark!

yes, i'm sure thats the case. so you don't like pull because it can be countered byt the dark side? you were just saying that light was too over powered! anyway...

and i don't have time to reply to the other comments

about the 6 comments im saying,

Light force is way too powerfull in 1.4 but in 1.3 Light force and Dark Force are equal

I'm not complaining about pull evryone guessed that if you stand still you wont get pulled donw in 1.3.

In case you didnt saw,im comparing 1.3 to 1.4

Yes Backstab was lame in No Force duel,but still

Backstab owned in FFA,TFFA,Saber CTF an attack such as backstab is greatly needed

oh yes id like to put one more comments ROFL

10:Pushing while your knocked that the most stupid thing of all,

Killing someone realy a pain since they can push you back when you kick+dfa and since their pushing sometime you cant hit em with red stance

Tell us why 1.3 Light and Dark wasnt equal?

well here why i think they are equal,Dark Rage own =)

1.3 of course,in FFA if you can Backstab corectly you will defenitly have or around the best score,Protect is no match for Dark Rage

And what you said about grip+push yea that dam true but you gotta admit that light force also have a GREAT advantage that can save you sometime

i wont lie to anyone, i loved my backswing and i used it all the time on you runin-hit-once-run-away-keep-it-up-till-i-die.

I could easly counter backslash and pull, thats just what people need to learn.

everyone whinned about a 1 hit K.O not being fair... i dont think its fair to run around and kick a man around becuse you lack the saber skill.

among other reason... i'll keep silent

Time to go back to JK1!

Archived