Home

New 1.04 Patch Ownz Gliders!

TangledThorns

Originally posted by TangledThorns

Looks like the new patch wont fix the crazy backstabbings but at least it'll stop those gay ass gliders. Yeah, that mean you too FatNinja!

Actually, it's basically the changes from the SDK and more. SO backstabs wil be fixed. Notice how it says SOME of the changes, as in they aren't all listed.

Gliding is one of the NON-offensive (nuetral) things you can do in JEDI II. The only thing it provides you with is a slowed landing . . That's it. Find a patch that takes it away, but allows you to slow your decent with the force and I'll back you 100% . . other then that . you have nothing to be happy about . .

Originally posted by thehomicidalegg

hope lunge isnt nerfed by this, meaning that you can still lunge mid air... one of the few things still going for it

That's what this topic is about - no mid-air lunge anymore. :rolleyes:

But my favourite server has 1.03a, and there's no mid-air lunge, and I prefer it that way.

Quite many people believe that the mid-air lunge is completely gone, although the .plan doesn't *exactly* say it's gone - only the "gruntin' hovering thing". I, too, believe that the mid-air lunge is gone, but we'll have to wait and see.

Ya they will remove it, but really they should make it so you can only do a midair lunge from a restricted height of lets say 3 or 4 feet off the ground or something. That would get rid of the gay looking "gliding" but could still use it to break a fall or as an offensive tactic against your opponent. The lunge was never that deadly of a move even when you could turn while doing it, now you can't turn and won't be able to perform it in the air either? i just don't understand all the needless changes to that move, it will be no fun to use anymore. :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Deetox187

Ya they will remove it, but really they should make it so you can only do a midair lunge from a restricted height of lets say 3 or 4 feet off the ground or something. That would get rid of the gay looking "gliding" but could still use it to break a fall or as an offensive tactic against your opponent. The lunge was never that deadly of a move even when you could turn while doing it, now you can't turn and won't be able to perform it in the air either? i just don't understand all the needless changes to that move, it will be no fun to use anymore. :mad: :mad:

Erm, well, in real life if you lunged forwards holding a stick when jumping of a 10 story building, would you be able to land unscathed? No. It was a bug and is fixed.

If you lunged forward like that, would you be able to turn on a dime? No. And it is deadly as heck, especially against DFA'ers

What is a useful move that everyone can do ninja? The lunge? Or perhaps you mean the air-lunge?

So many newbies spam the air-lunge since it's the only powermove that actually works. How are you going to counter the lunge if you're a newbie? You can't, you can only avoid it.

But I guess with the removal of the air-lunge, the newbies will go back to the "traditional lunge" and spam that instead.

Originally posted by defalc

Erm, well, in real life if you lunged forwards holding a stick when jumping of a 10 story building, would you be able to land unscathed? No. It was a bug and is fixed.

If you lunged forward like that, would you be able to turn on a dime? No. And it is deadly as heck, especially against DFA'ers

no, but in real life can you use lightsabers?

in real life can you grip people or push them off ledges without even touching them?

Originally posted by defalc

Sure i totally agree that lunge gliding is a bug, but it is a very harmless one. Midair lunges were put in the game to use as a combat maneuver. So ya lets remove a saber move just because it has an odd looking side effect that doesn't even hurt the gameplay.

umm ya ok.

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

no, but in real life can you use lightsabers?

in real life can you grip people or push them off ledges without even touching them?

In Episode 1, when Obi Wan is knocked off the catwalk, does he take out his sabre and glide to stop from hitting the below catwalk hard? No. Does Anakin use Glide to slow his fall so he doesn't slam into the speeder so hard in Episode2? No. :rolleyes:

And it wasn't put in as a combat maneuver. It's a bug. :rolleyes:

And as for 'not disrupting gameplay'? Many a time I've kicked someone off a platform. They WOULD'VE died. But they glided down to a ledge. ;P How can you think that floating around using your lightsabre like Mary Poppin's umbrella was put there on purpose? :rolleyes:

this just makes me laugh my a$$ off. Here peeps are up in arms about the lunge and the "gay ass floating" while people still spam the hell outta DFA nd the yellow Flip. GET OVER IT AND DUEL YA BATSAGES ! No matter what changes they make not everyone will be happy so either play the game or file the disc :mad:

Performing the "ground" based forward lunge while in the air IS/WAS a bug..Raven said so themselves. The lunge was only meant to be done with 2 feet on the ground hence the need to CROUCH first. I'm glad they took it out and since I've been running a 1.03a mod lemme tell you it's much better now.

Ya people still spam the yellow DFA and they still spam the lunge as normal (which is VERY deadly), but we will never rid ourselves of spammed moves because so many people want to win at any cost they will always find the most effective moves and use them as much as possible.

I almost don't care about spammers anymore because the moves they spam are generally avoidable and leave them open for a counter attack. It doesn't make for very exciting fights, but it is way more tolerable then it was in 1.02.

Archived