Home

New 1.04 Patch Ownz Gliders!

TangledThorns

I for one am very glad that the glide is gone, and the mid-air lunge too, as both didn't seem very feasible to me. The glide looked plain silly, and the lunge animation clearly shows your feet pushing off as lunge your saber forward. Pushing off of air looks dumb.

However, we all know Jedis CAN fall great distances without damage (Anakin on Tantoonie, Windu in the arena). However, they couldn't glide or anything, just slow down and do a gentle landing.

It would be perfect if you could use force push against the ground right before impact, and then you just fall gently. That would be true to the movies and a useful fall stop. It would NOT allow people thrown off into nothingness a chance to glide to safety, which was frustrating in 1.03.

Originally posted by Zan Jaseen

Good riddance to the gliding lunge, good riddance to the twirling backstabbers, hurah for 1.04 :)

don't speak so soon, from what i have tried from 1.04 i'll probably be going back to 1.03 unless somebody makes some miraculous new discovery about 1.04

Well I just went a couple of rounds in a NF Duel, which is what I usually enjoy playing anyway, and didn't see one person try to assfight or set up for a backstab. I don't use the backstab move much myself. I'm more of a counter attack constantly switching stance to combo kinda saberist. So I hated to be backstabed after working someone down in the style I fight with. It's a good move but I won't miss people attempting it 5 or 6 times in the process of a duel. The backstab is better off left as a surprise move rather than the main move it has been during the 1.03 period. Maybe my mind will change once I play some other games besides duel but I doubt it. I am glad to think that FFA will be more evenly matched now, rather than the best backstabber getting all of the kills.

Originally posted by defalc

In Episode 1, when Obi Wan is knocked off the catwalk, does he take out his sabre and glide to stop from hitting the below catwalk hard? No. Does Anakin use Glide to slow his fall so he doesn't slam into the speeder so hard in Episode2? No. :rolleyes:

And it wasn't put in as a combat maneuver. It's a bug. :rolleyes:

And as for 'not disrupting gameplay'? Many a time I've kicked someone off a platform. They WOULD'VE died. But they glided down to a ledge. ;P How can you think that floating around using your lightsabre like Mary Poppin's umbrella was put there on purpose? :rolleyes:

No but in Episode 2 Mace falls from about a 6 story drop into the arena and doesn't break a sweat . . . Force power . . I think so (rolls Eyes) . . . Also any jump/fall that ANY one in the movies did and walked away from didn't take away from their Health Points . . (life). So if you want it more like the movies (um, weren't you the one comparing this "LUNGE" to real life?? . . ) then you should have a fall take away from your life force and then be replenished over time like the force does . .

Think about it.

don't speak so soon, from what i have tried from 1.04 i'll probably be going back to 1.03 unless somebody makes some miraculous new discovery about 1.04

So what you are saying is that you are waiting for a new move to spam? If you are not a <insert move here> spammer, 1.04 only improves gameplay for all.

As for fall damage, I turned it off on my server, although no one notices it.

Originally posted by EaSyKiLL

So what you are saying is that you are waiting for a new move to spam? If you are not a <insert move here> spammer, 1.04 only improves gameplay for all.

As for fall damage, I turned it off on my server, although no one notices it.

ask cjais, lexx, or leelink, i'm not a spammer, never will be a spammer

i like 1.04 in duels, but in every other game type it's not as good, because you need to be able to deal out the damage fast enough, take CTF for example

you need to be able to kill the person BEFORE he gets back to his base and returns the flag

I can see your point in CTF games, but honestly, in FFA lately all you see is people running backwards and swinging like morons, hoping the run into someting. Then they either use a script or optical ball mouse to spin like 3 or 4 times. And then people say, "Just move to a different server..." but these guys are everywhere.

Originally posted by Kronk

I can see your point in CTF games, but honestly, in FFA lately all you see is people running backwards and swinging like morons, hoping the run into someting. Then they either use a script or optical ball mouse to spin like 3 or 4 times. And then people say, "Just move to a different server..." but these guys are everywhere.

that's why you go on a clan server where people administrate it:)

I wouldn't mind if the damage for bs would be reduced. However, I think the bs is so popular because it is an allmost instant kill. So if the damage is less ppl would try other moves. Probably the other moves can be increased in damage also.

What about increasing damage if you swing a combo?

spinning & cl_yawspeed <whatever> : I would miss this funny brakdancing move, but if raven would introduce a setting that disables values higher then lets say 200, would be fine too.

In generall I welcome any change that benefits a good fighting style.

Originally posted by KnightHawk420

Man some of you kids and your obsession with thinking mastering game bugs makes you skilled.

i don't think anybody has said that they are skilled because they can use the lunge, but it does come in handy at some points...the least they could have done was let you use it in the air, just not slow you down...that was good for surprising your opponent

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

i don't think anybody has said that they are skilled because they can use the lunge, but it does come in handy at some points...the least they could have done was let you use it in the air, just not slow you down...that was good for surprising your opponent

You are right. In air lunge was also a good against DFA!

Archived