Home

Thanks Alot To Whiners

Twins of Doom

This is a message to all of those people who complained about whatever the hell killed them in 1.03!:mad:

Thank you very much for getting us 1.04 which completely ruins gameplay. Light stance moves go faster and do more damage than a heavy stance backsweep, how stupid is that?

When you are pulled down you get up in about 2 seconds, leaving the only option as to saber throw the person, doing 30 damage.

Now the easiest way for somebody to win is to spam moves such as light stance lunge, or to pull somebody and kick them.

This patch does not fix multiplayer, because there was never anything wrong. I don't mean to complain, and I supported 1.03, but this is just horrible.

Free For All: the only kills you get are lucky ones, and you lose the hard work because somebody comes along at the last second to kill them, even though you worked the opponent down.

Duels:In duels people pull people to them and then kick them. Duel is the best area of the game now.

Capture the Flag: I haven't tried but you'll never be able to kill the person in time! The only way to kill somebody will be to force whore them with lightning, or grip them and throw them off a ledge

Capture the Ysalimari: Even worse than Capture the Flag because there will be no way to kill somebody once they get the flag. All you will have to do is take the flag and run like hell.

Team Free For All: Yet again, I haven't tried it but I can imagine it. Think about it, kick whores will live. People can run away grab some bacta or shields and you won't be able to do anything about it.

Jedi Master: I haven't played it enough to know I never played it in any version

The only good thing that has come from this patch is the bug fix for the blender.

Backstab/sweep I feel was reduced FAR too much. You have to be vulnerable to use it, backstab/sweep takes a long time (compared to most moves) and it does less damage. Sure it is unblockable, but you can do 3 top down hacks in light stance in the time it takes to do backsweep, thats about the same damage, but you can do about the same in medium, where it is double the damage of backsweep! There is no point in using backsweep.

So I would like to thank those who whined and complained and got us 1.04

Maybe as we will play we will find it to be better, but from my first appearances it isn't very good. If not I may either

a) quit JKII and move onto warcraft III

b) go back to 1.03

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by teutonicknight

Yes, from what is sounds like, Raven/Lucasarts just made new moves for dumb people to spam.

Of course, I don't know for sure since I haven't played it yet.... 84% complete.....

-teutonicknight :saberb:

NF duels are ok, and that's about all....

Finnaly somone who agrees I think this patch is going to do nothing but hurt the game. Here's a copy of a post I made at another forum:

So I guess it's whinners rejoice!!! The whinners got their way and Raven has further nerfed powers. Pretty soon we'll all be running around with cardboard tubes bashing each other over the head and tickling each other with our force lightning powers becuase everything will be truely nerfed......

"Hey quick making me fall over laughing with your Force Lightning it tickles!!! You n00b!!! Raven should really nerf force tickling!!"

Anyway!!!

STFU! STFU!! thats all i can say. I have never complained here loud, but what you say is just ridicilous (srry 4 my bad english, dont try to make jokes about it, stay formal). This patch brought the "force" back to nf duels... no more stupid defense backstabbers.... good. no more blue special air spammers... very good (blue uppercut does no longer work in air ...) blue does more dam? and? just stay in red style and dont attack, he will hardly hit you... i think that backstab shouldn't be a 1 hit killer (it was one, or a 5 hp killer, you know waht i mean), its just a single back sweep, planned as a little extra... in 1.02, it was practically never used, and it was planned to be used in the rare situations where an opponent comes directly from behind ... a situation that would appear sometimes in ffa but never ever in a duel imho... so dont whine yourself coz u lamer losers have lost your only weapon..... get some skills and fight with the damn slashes again and not with the special moves.... the are special and souldnt really be used so often... good job, raven, thx alot for bringing fun and skill back to the game... but what needs to happen is an option for level 3 jump no kick servers ... till then

ds

Originally posted by AbaJaBart

Learn to adapt. Don't whine. Get better. Just Like 1.03 nerfed the Heavy DFA and many people had to change their strategy. From Spamming one move to another. It is a game have fun playing it. Remember Have a Nice Day :)

learn to adapt...why does that sound familiar?

oh ya, thats what i've been telling everybody since 1.02 --> 1.03 and everybody that complained about backstab/sweep

i had fun playing 1.03, and I would not classify myself as a backstab/sweep whore, nor would many people i know

those who know me know that i play honourable and do not assfight, etc

what i am saying as that this patch has went beyond the limit, hell, backstab/sweep is not even a decent move to use anymore!

i can still get kills in games, but i am finding that heavy stance is a lot more useful than the other stances now because of the fact that i can actually kill somebody in FFA with it rather than work them down for somebody else to kill

STFU! STFU!! thats all i can say. I have never complained here loud, but what you say is just ridicilous (srry 4 my bad english, dont try to make jokes about it, stay formal). This patch brought the "force" back to nf duels... no more stupid defense backstabbers.... good. no more blue special air spammers... very good (blue uppercut does no longer work in air ...) blue does more dam? and? just stay in red style and dont attack, he will hardly hit you... i think that backstab shouldn't be a 1 hit killer (it was one, or a 5 hp killer, you know waht i mean), its just a single back sweep, planned as a little extra... in 1.02, it was practically never used, and it was planned to be used in the rare situations where an opponent comes directly from behind ... a situation that would appear sometimes in ffa but never ever in a duel imho... so dont whine yourself coz u lamer losers have lost your only weapon..... get some skills and fight with the damn slashes again and not with the special moves.... the are special and souldnt really be used so often... good job, raven, thx alot for bringing fun and skill back to the game... but what needs to happen is an option for level 3 jump no kick servers ... till then

obviously you have never played me, because you should check your information

i am NOT a lamer

also, you should probably read some of my other posts before you start calling me a lamer

Guys this patch is mostly the 1.03a SDK and because I have great experience in it I can say that it is a lot better than 1.03. Backstabs are as useful as are supposed to be, don't complain. Now you can Have "Jedi Master Duels" which require real skill. All things about duels seem ok now. In other gametypes they were never really balanced but FFA'a and TFFA's seem ok now. CTF is a stupid Gametype for JK2 because it is full of speed whores So I don't care.

The ONLY problem that I fear that there will be is the Kicks. They should have nerfed the damage. A good kicker can win any saber dueler without saber.

exactly! all the lamers out there will realise that they won't score with backstab anymore and start kickin ... with a script... they will perfect these scripts and so on and so on ... we need an option for no kick servers ... really

or just ask "nk?" at the start of a duel ... if i meet a kickscript whore i dont care, i get my script runnin and try to lame him down ... fight fire with fire...

@EvilTwin ... if you really fought honorable, its hard to believe that you liked 1.03 ... 1.02 was really ok ... and so will be 1.04

i wanna really thank all the "whiners" ...

@EvilTwin ... if you really fought honorable, its hard to believe that you liked 1.03 ... 1.02 was really ok ... and so will be 1.04

did it occur to you that those of us who weren't whining and complaining were busy at work figuring out counters to backstab/sweep?

have you seen my website?

i have guides on it for:

countering pull/push + backstab/sweep

using absorb effectively

For 1.05 they should throw out all of the stances and make a universal Grey stance, where you have two moves. Slash and Big Slash. No matter what Raven does there will be complaints about it, the game will never be perfect. Just have fun playing it.

Twins get off your high horse. Please.

This is AbaJaBart aka Jeremiah saying Good Fight and Have a Nice Day :)

Originally posted by AbaJaBart

For 1.05 they should throw out all of the stances and make a universal Grey stance, where you have two moves. Slash and Big Slash. No matter what Raven does there will be complaints about it, the game will never be perfect. Just have fun playing it.

a) concerning getting off my "high horse"

well i'm sorry but i didn't realize it was illegal for me to post my feelings concerning the new patch

if we are not allowed to post our thoughts on something we might as well all just play and leave lucasforums to rot, and when we play no talking

b) well, if 1.05 happens like that...to pacman for me

Well...

I have to contribute my 2 cents. Obviously, pros and cons to the patch exist. I've seen so many people running backwards and slashing their saber like their chopping wood, I'm almost happy that they nerfed the backstab. However, I do believe that it was nerfed too much.

Now, I'm afraid, the door has even been more widely opened for script fcuckers. Kick scripts seem to be the next best thing as far as complaints go. Expect more whining.

The fact is, 1.02 was perfect. All the noobs played 1.02, and bitched because they got sliced by DFA. Then they nerfed it and the same people bitched about the backstab. Now, expect the same people to bitch about kicking.

I'm disappointed because one of my favorites, the air lunge, was taken out. I don't understand the concept behind this. Who cares if someone can jump from a high ledge and float to the ground??? How does that at all effect the outcomes of duels or battles? Ridiculous.

On a positive note, I think all will adapt and learn to like the patch. Make the changes to your style to get better.

Understna this, I truly believe that Raven is trying to make this game more enjoyable for all of us to play, so let's give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they get it better with the next one.

Archived