Home

Thanks Alot To Whiners

Twins of Doom

that's almost EXACTLY what i've been trying to say Homosexual Ewok

i like 1.03, i could counter the pull + backstab, it wasn't very hard......

just a brief reply while my brother went up to get chips while watching the matrix....again;)

i'll probably make some more in depth replies tommorow

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Twins of Doom

taking people out with one hit on heavy stance is too much......

No...it's perfect. What happened to Darth Maul when Obi-Wan hit him midsection with a strong swing? I don't mind dying fast if I let my guard down.

Originally posted by AnArKey

No...it's perfect. What happened to Darth Maul when Obi-Wan hit him midsection with a strong swing? I don't mind dying fast if I let my guard down.

well, everybody is entitled to an opinion, personally i think that is too much, but hey, thats just me:)

hm ... have you even read the readme ? they havent changed the saber dam in 1.04 afaik

and now you evil twins of doom, please tell me how to "counter" a defnese backstab / kick lamer in a nf duel ... hm ? any idea? he would have a kickscript and just doing nothing but trying to score the forst kick to get you to attack him and then he would kick again or just backstab .... hm? anything? kick him? remeber, he has a script... attack him? he will survive one hit and execute a deadly backstab or a sidekick or both combined.... so ?

1.02 was ok ... maybe to much saber dam (3 yellow hits would surely kill you) but it was ok and i loved to play it with yellow, as it was possible to spin ... but then 1.03 came and the assfighters appeared ... no problem, i adapted, learnt how to execute 3 red swings in a row etc ... then i went to kroation for one week and when i came back the servers where full of jump backstabbers, kickers, defense and blue uppercut-in-air spammers and lamers ...

the game was ruined for me, but then i learnt to write a kick script and scored again in duels, but i had become a lamer... then i told only one person how my scripts work, and what amount of waits it needs etc... some days later, ALL on the server had MY kickscript (it was easy for my to identify them, i knew what it looked like when you kick with my script)... i couldnt do anything.... nobody could ... the game was ruined, my favourite servers were "contaminated"

at least, now the backstab is eliminated in 1.04 thats really good

why should bs be a deadly move? its just the option of a backswing for which you dont have to turn, why the hell should it be deadly?!

i dont know other arguments by now, but ill have some new soon, just write what u think about it...

till then

ds

Did any of you notice that raven said that the false "painsounds" were fixed now? Well, they aren't fixed, 1 hp hit will make your model scream even louder than before. That is one of the reasons I believe that there's going to be a 1.05 patch.

And there'll be an expansion pack too, there always comes one....

The NF duels I used to play are now the type of gameplay I often sought after how I wanted it to be. From that point of view, the patch is good.... for me.

But I can't help feeling sorry the guys trying to take down a flagrunner in CTF. They have no strong saber attacks at their disposal, only weapons. Or trying to kill people with the saber in FFA. However, Chankang advises people to lower the blocking in everything but duels, by typing sabertrace 0 or something. Look for a sticky in the valley about it.

I can easily see why the competetive FFA or CTF players will dislike this patch, but I can also see why the die-hard NF duellers will like it (like me).

Kickers and pull/throwers are gonna be a more common sight when I get home from vacation in two weeks I reckon.... A lot more common, though I may be wrong.

Like I have said before twins . . People who are unable to learn how to adapt to fighting techniques, will not be happy until they have reduced this game to ONE STANCE, ONE OVER HEAD STRIKE . . but a lot of COOOOL awesome maps to run around and do . . absolutely NOTHING!!! . . Boring!!!

Or maybe those same guys can all get together and stand there admireing the latest Skins and have their own private CHAT going . . .

"Hey look at me!! . . I can walk up a wall!!"

"Gosh can I try that?"

"Sure but don't double tap jump too close to me or you might kick me."

"You silly goose, that was taken out in patch 10.5, just after they removed using FORCE to push some one off a ledge!! . . Ha Ha Ha"

"He He He"

"He He He"

"Hey patch number 10.6 is alomst done!!"

"What's it DO???"

"Takes away all movement so I can hit you with out you getting out of the way!!! . . :)"

"COOOOL!!!!"

Keep it up people and you can even reduce the graphics to PONG!! . .

Hehe DarkZone, your humor is infused with . . such . . drama.

Hey Twins, I was playing a FFA yesterday, and the pull/backstab can still work if someone needs to kill quickly. (Of course it was being abused, but who cares?) It DOES seem harder to pull it off. And also, people have already figured out how to rotate while backstabbing. I saw it with my own eyes. Basically, 1.04 changed nothing.

slacker

ok, did you not read the whole thread people?

you accuse me of being a lamer, a whiner, and not able to adapt, yet through at least half of this thread i've been saying that i'm not a lamer and that in 1.02 and 1.03 i never whined when killed by a backstab, i just figured out ways to counter it

and now you evil twins of doom, please tell me how to "counter" a defnese backstab / kick lamer in a nf duel ... hm ? any idea? he would have a kickscript and just doing nothing but trying to score the forst kick to get you to attack him and then he would kick again or just backstab .... hm? anything? kick him? remeber, he has a script... attack him? he will survive one hit and execute a deadly backstab or a sidekick or both combined.... so ?

easy to counter, all you have to do is keep backing up while staying slightly close to him, then you just throw your lightsaber when he does the juming part 24/7, kind of cheap...but he's the guy using a script, people who try to kick me just end up dead

at least, now the backstab is eliminated in 1.04 thats really good

why should bs be a deadly move? its just the option of a backswing for which you dont have to turn, why the hell should it be deadly?!

did i ever say that backstab had to be a deadly move? maybe it should have been weaker....but it's weaker than any move in the game now!

But I can't help feeling sorry the guys trying to take down a flagrunner in CTF. They have no strong saber attacks at their disposal, only weapons. Or trying to kill people with the saber in FFA. However, Chankang advises people to lower the blocking in everything but duels, by typing sabertrace 0 or something. Look for a sticky in the valley about it.

I can easily see why the competetive FFA or CTF players will dislike this patch, but I can also see why the die-hard NF duellers will like it (like me).

that's part of what i've been trying to say, in NF duels it's just fine....but in for example CTF all the guy has to do is run back to his base, he'll never get killed.....i've tried this and it works, only failed to score once, and that was because the guy on the other team was doing that and four people came up to me and attacked me:confused:

i LIKE NF duels, but i also play FF duels, FF CTF, NF CTF, FF CTY, NF CTY, FF FFA, NF FFA NF TFFA, FF TFFA, i play every game type except jedi master, and in a lot of these you need to be able to deal out your damage fast, which is no longer possible

Like I have said before twins . . People who are unable to learn how to adapt to fighting techniques, will not be happy until they have reduced this game to ONE STANCE, ONE OVER HEAD STRIKE . . but a lot of COOOOL awesome maps to run around and do . . absolutely NOTHING!!! . . Boring!!!

as i've said before, if that happens then i'll go play pacman

Originally posted by Dark_ZONE

OOOH . . we could we start a PACMAN server together . . then we could install new patches so that your pac man can't turn and eat the ghosts . . .

We wouldn't want to piss off any one now . .

lol, we aren't reduced down to one top down hack now are we?

Originally posted by cjais

Did any of you notice that raven said that the false "painsounds" were fixed now? Well, they aren't fixed, 1 hp hit will make your model scream even louder than before.

God dammit, why can't programmers do anything right? That was one of my main complaints and I as very happy to see that in the 1.04 release notes. Great, still clueless as to if my swings are actually connecting in a duel.

If I (back when I HAD a job programming) had put something like that in release notes for something I did, and it didn't even work, I would have been fired instead of laid off.

Originally posted by AnArKey

God dammit, why can't programmers do anything right? That was one of my main complaints and I as very happy to see that in the 1.04 release notes. Great, still clueless as to if my swings are actually connecting in a duel.

If I (back when I HAD a job programming) had put something like that in release notes for something I did, and it didn't even work, I would have been fired instead of laid off.

lol, and why can't people make any decent websites, and everybody who has a website everybody posts it and goes EXCELLENT WEBSITE, when it's really ****

eeeee zooonk, evil twins ... you dont have throw of course ... try it again...

but i see your point now ... CTF and mainly CTF is bad now ... you have to gunlame... but thats the problem, some ppl want to play nd duels and some want to play CTF...

and plz, dont care about FFA ... its just a n00b playfield for the first week of online playing ... gg

ds

Originally posted by darth_sebbo

eeeee zooonk, evil twins ... you dont have throw of course ... try it again...

but i see your point now ... CTF and mainly CTF is bad now ... you have to gunlame... but thats the problem, some ppl want to play nd duels and some want to play CTF...

and plz, dont care about FFA ... its just a n00b playfield for the first week of online playing ... gg

ds

first question, why do you keep calling me evil twins?

second question, why do you jump to the conclusion that only newbs play FFA, i know lotsa people who play FFA and they're fairly good, personally i like FFA

CTF, yes i know...that was my POINT...

Ya know, i was pretty patient with the game up until the release of 1.04.

Yes, 1.02 had its problems, but a lot of us were able to adapt, and had fun playing the game.

1.03 was a patch that was made to shut the mouths of all the complainers, but still had its so called "problems". They decided to nerf dfa, and made bs the new way to kill in 1 shot. They even nerfed kick to stop all the kick spammers. Lots of people who really liked the game chose to stay and adapt to the new style of play. I for one am one of those people.

1.04 was just another patch that was released to stop all the complaining from the "anti pull bs" people. They fixed up lunge and that air bs thing, which isn't so bad. Throw was also taken out of duels, which makes sense because throw is a force. The problem is, bs is now so weak that using it isn't worth it because not only will it hardly hit, if it hits you'll be lucky to actually get a good amount of dmg. Your also open to many other attacks which is like whoa. Best thing to do here is to just remove bs, lol. This patch was made for the duelers, and even then the battles take soooooo long. Don't even think about CTF or anything like that, because nothing was done about the overpoweredness of using guns and absorb. I kinda thought the game said star wars, and not quake 3.04 with flashy glowing hot butterknives and force. lol

Basically the games saber combat was attacked again, which basically makes it more useless to fight with a saber. Ever try ffa now? You'll see this (Kick, dfa, throw) over and over. So for all the people that moaned and groaned about 1.03, pat yourselves on the back. Because now, not only do you have another set a moves being spammed, you've truly made the game more realistic............

Hmm, *makes a guess at what the next patch will do

oh i know, they'll nerf the saber completely and officially make this game quake 3.05. Hell, why not just the nerf the entire game itself, or even better nerf the world!!!

*remembers the day when jk2 was fun, and when the cool thing about the game was saber combat.

Enjoy 1.4 without me, because my saber is goin straight to my R2D2 garbage can, since i can't even slice butter with it anymore.

Couldn't agree more...

Jedi QuakeIII 2: Attack Of The DFA, Throw And Kick Whores...

That should have been the name..... But I guess it's ok... the only thing I got to enjoy in JK1 was Single Player... I guess that will be the story again...

LightningRod v1.04 in its pure untweaked form is pretty damn slow and boring, but I wouldn't give up just yet.

The saber damage velocity scale stuff put in this patch opens up the way for saber combat to once again be a lethal duel, not just a 20 damage headless chicken spazz fest.

You really should check out some of the stuff in the Valley forum, or just start up your own game and set the damage scale to 3 and take a look at what I mean.

Sabers become extremely lethal, in any stance, using special moves or not.

That is the way it should have been from the start.

Just like being able to adapt to 1.03 when it came out was imperitive, same applies with 1.04

Yeah a lot of stuff has been changed, but so what? Just learn what works for you in 1.04 and keep playing. Whats funny is everyone pissed and moaned about 1.03, backstab this and pull/BS that and how they wanted another patch to fix it. Now that they got it and it is fixed, they whine about something else.

The bottom line is those than can... adapt. Those that cant... whine.

If what worked for you in 1.03 does not in 1.04, have fun in learning what will.... OR Uninstall the game and reinstall it and play 1.02 or apply the 1.03 patch and play that. You have three options so any further whining just shows no matter what, you will ALWAYS be a whiner.

The bottom line is those than can... adapt. Those that cant... whine.

you jump to the conclusion that we can't adapt to it

i can still go onto a server and easily hit the win limit 10 times straight (i did it just this morning) but the thing is that things are being taken out

backstab/sweep is now a pointless move

We don't want less options in the game...We want more! We want a variety of moves to chose from according to the situation.

People just don't get it.....

There were 2 things they made with 1.04

Removed the yawspin thingie, which is now useless hehe...

Removed yet another move...

Thats pretty much it... By 1.04 it is safe to say that CTF as well as some other sides of the game, have been totally deprived of the sabre.....

Someone get a gun.....

Oh yeah, btw, if anyone didnt connect this before, mindtrick is now completely useless...

You figure out why.....

Archived