Home

Thanks Alot To Whiners

Twins of Doom

Oh yeah, btw, if anyone didnt connect this before, mindtrick is now completely useless...

ya, it was awesome in CTF to get the flag bearer if they stood still, just come up to them while they stand still and backstab/sweep them

the only thing it is good for now is to run in and get the flag but then absorb + speed on the way out (turn off absorb as you lose pursuers)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Darth Kaan

Just like being able to adapt to 1.03 when it came out was imperitive, same applies with 1.04

Yeah a lot of stuff has been changed, but so what? Just learn what works for you in 1.04 and keep playing. Whats funny is everyone pissed and moaned about 1.03, backstab this and pull/BS that and how they wanted another patch to fix it. Now that they got it and it is fixed, they whine about something else.

The bottom line is those than can... adapt. Those that cant... whine.

If what worked for you in 1.03 does not in 1.04, have fun in learning what will.... OR Uninstall the game and reinstall it and play 1.02 or apply the 1.03 patch and play that. You have three options so any further whining just shows no matter what, you will ALWAYS be a whiner.

YOU IDIOT! . . it's the WHINERS that got them to change the damn game . . Why would they whine about it AGAIN . .

The adaptors wouldn't have whined about 1.03 because . . well, because they would have ADAPTED!! . . . LOL

It's not about DISCOVERY!! . . Have fun learning what will work? . . What's so funny is that they are eliminating more and more moves . . not giving you NEW ones . . Like I posted before, pretty soon you'll have one style one strike and some one just like YOU sayin . . it's not that bad . . Have fun learning what works for YOU . . DUH . . Um, how about running at the guy with the one strike . . that worked last ime . . DOH!!

heh, hopefully they come out with an expansion pack...expansion packs are good:) and most successful games get one...and i'd say jedi outcast is successful...just look at the reviews;)

http://jkhq.ath.cx/reviews.php

o_O pretty good eh?

if they come out with an expansion hopefully it will add more moves for us:) and give us more options and tactics to use for victory!

[JHQ]Twins of Doom I know you guys have your own server, and I strongly suggest using the settings in my sig.

This actually makes saber combat more lethal than it ever has been, in any version so far.

You can take the damage rate as high as you like now.

The great thing about this is it not only returns the special moves like the backstab to their 1 hit kill former glory, but it gives all standard saber swings high(er) damage so it does not turn into a game of "lets see who can pull off <special move> first/last".

I have been playing on a duel server with these settings for the last hour or so, and honestly, it was one of the fastest paced matches I have ever played. You had to literally watch out for everything because even a couple of chained medium stance swipes would take you out.

Check it out, If you like fast paced duels with sabers that actually are lethal weapons I grantee you will like it.

Even games of CTF become balanced, you can now 1 hit kill backstab flag carriers, take them out with a heavy stance side swing, whatever.

The same goes for FFA, gunners that don't stay away, far away, die quick.

Originally posted by Homosexual Ewok

[JHQ]Twins of Doom I know you guys have your own server, and I strongly suggest using the settings in my sig.

This actually makes saber combat more lethal than it ever has been, in any version so far.

You can take the damage rate as high as you like now.

The great thing about this is it not only returns the special moves like the backstab to their 1 hit kill former glory, but it gives all standard saber swings high(er) damage so it does not turn into a game of "lets see who can pull off <special move> first/last".

I have been playing on a duel server with these settings for the last hour or so, and honestly, it was one of the fastest paced matches I have ever played. You had to literally watch out for everything because even a couple of chained medium stance swipes would take you out.

Check it out, If you like fast paced duels with sabers that actually are lethal weapons I grantee you will like it.

Even games of CTF become balanced, you can now 1 hit kill backstab flag carriers, take them out with a heavy stance side swing, whatever.

The same goes for FFA, gunners that don't stay away, far away, die quick.

hmm, sounds interesting, i know leelink liked the backstabbing a little more than me so he might be putting that on the FF server at least;)

i'll have to talk to him...i'd like to try that in a FFA, i'm happy with duels though;)

Originally posted by Dak_iSuk

hey I wasnt blaming or flaming anyone, just asking the question. and yes i belive this was the first for 1.04. but you could have just added it on to a "1.03 sucks" thread since they are virtualy the same. (in essence)

this thread has nothing to do with 1.03....it is stating my comments, thoughts and first opinions on 1.04

some1 said something about reducing the options, that is the main problem i see with the patch. the fixing of the bugs is good, but the problem with back stab is not that it does TOO MUCH damage, its that everything else does TOO LITTLE. pull/Backstab became the easiest way to kill someone, so it was used more often. But there are ways to counter it easily.

the other manouvres and moves needs to be empowered, rather than the nerfing of the "cheap" moves in question. If normal swings are more lethal, one does not need to use pull/backstab as it would not be in any advantage. Spamming a move results from the ease in which it is done and the 'ease in which it can be performed. however, if there is a variety, a spectrum of different attacks, there will be less spamming of 1 move, because the players will actually need to consider the consequences of each move he/she makes, and choose different moves for different situations

Patches needs to increase options not reducing options. nerfing normal swings (1.02) =bad nerfing yellow dfa = bad(from what i heard) Eliminating mid air lunge= bad nerfing backstab = bad(maybe SLIGHTLY less damage OR make some possibility of blocking).

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

This is a message to all of those people who complained about whatever the hell killed them in 1.03!:mad:

Thank you very much for getting us 1.04 which completely ruins gameplay. Light stance moves go faster and do more damage than a heavy stance backsweep, how stupid is that?

When you are pulled down you get up in about 2 seconds, leaving the only option as to saber throw the person, doing 30 damage.

Now the easiest way for somebody to win is to spam moves such as light stance lunge, or to pull somebody and kick them.

This patch does not fix multiplayer, because there was never anything wrong. I don't mean to complain, and I supported 1.03, but this is just horrible.

Free For All: the only kills you get are lucky ones, and you lose the hard work because somebody comes along at the last second to kill them, even though you worked the opponent down.

Duels:In duels people pull people to them and then kick them. Duel is the best area of the game now.

Capture the Flag: I haven't tried but you'll never be able to kill the person in time! The only way to kill somebody will be to force whore them with lightning, or grip them and throw them off a ledge

Capture the Ysalimari: Even worse than Capture the Flag because there will be no way to kill somebody once they get the flag. All you will have to do is take the flag and run like hell.

Team Free For All: Yet again, I haven't tried it but I can imagine it. Think about it, kick whores will live. People can run away grab some bacta or shields and you won't be able to do anything about it.

Jedi Master: I haven't played it enough to know I never played it in any version

The only good thing that has come from this patch is the bug fix for the blender.

Backstab/sweep I feel was reduced FAR too much. You have to be vulnerable to use it, backstab/sweep takes a long time (compared to most moves) and it does less damage. Sure it is unblockable, but you can do 3 top down hacks in light stance in the time it takes to do backsweep, thats about the same damage, but you can do about the same in medium, where it is double the damage of backsweep! There is no point in using backsweep.

So I would like to thank those who whined and complained and got us 1.04

Maybe as we will play we will find it to be better, but from my first appearances it isn't very good. If not I may either

a) quit JKII and move onto warcraft III

b) go back to 1.03

Damn ****ing straight.

They took out the aerial light lunge, wtf for? removal of hover was fine but why take out the aerial light lunge? it's now impossible not to telegraph a running forward light lunge.

all backstab moves are completely useless, I get the feeling that the people writing this patch don't know **** about their own game, it said in the patch that a bug was fixed where pull was unblockable even when you had equal or greater force level than the agressor, this was never the case. Now you can headless chicken your ass all over the place and you'll get no punishment for it.

There is now no way to punish a DFA fatally, the best you can do is a saber throw or blast with force lightning, so people are back to 1.02 spamming DFA everywhere and running for bacta/shields as soon as they get low because of the weak punishment they recieve for spamming the ultra move and getting a few lucky kills with it.

Moonsault was totally untouched, it's now perfectly feasible to use spam this move hardcore and watch people skewer themselves on the tip of your saber when they rush in to kill you and of course you can use this as a finisher because people will overzealously jump up after you've pull / kicked them and they'll cop it in the most savage spot right in the head. but it's not by any means a sure attack.

the most telling thing about this patch? after going back to my old stomping grounds, and *still* owning everyone by a margin of up to 20 kills, people still whined about getting owned.

The problem wasn't backstab, the problem wasn't pull, the problem wasn't any of that ****, arguably the blender was a tad ****ed up, but aside from that everything was fine, the problem was, and always has been, ****ING WHINERS.

What happens in 1.05 ? They nerf moonsault to 5 dmg per hit and increase blocking to 300% and triple the force drain amount for lightning.

This is getting ridiculous.

Originally posted by GrEEk_OuTcAsT

Guys this patch is mostly the 1.03a SDK and because I have great experience in it I can say that it is a lot better than 1.03. Backstabs are as useful as are supposed to be, don't complain. Now you can Have "Jedi Master Duels" which require real skill. All things about duels seem ok now. In other gametypes they were never really balanced but FFA'a and TFFA's seem ok now. CTF is a stupid Gametype for JK2 because it is full of speed whores So I don't care.

The ONLY problem that I fear that there will be is the Kicks. They should have nerfed the damage. A good kicker can win any saber dueler without saber.

See?! What did I tell you?! Already whiners calling for *MORE* nerfs!

Breathe Deeply, I will Breathe Deeply, I am the calm little center of my universe, I am the zen master.

****WIT! KICKS DON'T DO ANY ****ING DAMAGE IN DUEL MODE!

GARHGKAHK!KLITOH!

P

Quiet.fuming.

I think raven went for changes that reduced saber fights to what they're supposed to be about: normal saberswings.

1.03 wasn't balanced, it's a fact. You could still have fun and many people adapted to the gameplay, but it still wasn't balanced because certain moves were all-powerful - there were no drawbavks to them. I enjoyed v3 but that didn't make it a balanced game by any means.

1.04 is *more* balanced, because all the moves are more or less equal now. That they're also weaker than before is an unwanted sideeffect. There are now no ruling supermoves that have an advantage. But, on the contrary, balancing doesn't always equal a funnier game, simply because everything is now a tad weaker than before so *certain* gametypes will suffer: CTF for instance as twins pointed out.

Raven could have gone the other way: Balancing things out by strengthening the weaker moves instead of weakening the stronger moves, and I think that would have been the wiser choice in retrospect.

To balance the game even more out, raven *should* have "nerfed" kicks as well because they're now a few of the only ways to get around the blocking and that does not correlate to the vision that raven has: saberfights are primarily won by saberslashes.

BTW, He meant the duel gametype I think, not the challenge-thingie in FFA.

To everyone: Please realize that backstab wasn't balanced out in v3, but also realize that it didn't *necessarily* make the game worse, only weirder for newcomers.

Please accept that v4 IS more balanced in a lot ways, but in the grand scheme of things, not better. Some gametypes have improved because of the balancing, some gametypes have suffered because of the weakening that the balancing required.

We're just standing on the same shore as before, with the game having not improved as a whole, only in some of its parts.

damn strait cjais

1.04 is *more* balanced, because all the moves are more or less equal now. That they're also weaker than before is an unwanted sideeffect. There are now no ruling supermoves that have an advantage. But, on the contrary, balancing doesn't always equal a funnier game, simply because everything is now a tad weaker than before so *certain* gametypes will suffer: CTF for instance as twins pointed out.

again...damn strait

they aren't more or less equal....they are less equal...:p

Hey, Twins, you were so excited before the patch came out . . . why is it that you were surprised at what we ended up with? The patch did exactly what it said it would: nerf backstab and blah blah blah. Did you think they were going to change the saber damage or blocking as well, although they didn't mention anything about it? 1.04 turned out pretty much the way we thought it would, with no way to kill someone quickly with the saber, except for kicking.

slacker

Originally posted by MediocreSlacker

Hey, Twins, you were so excited before the patch came out . . . why is it that you were surprised at what we ended up with? The patch did exactly what it said it would: nerf backstab and blah blah blah. Did you think they were going to change the saber damage or blocking as well, although they didn't mention anything about it? 1.04 turned out pretty much the way we thought it would, with no way to kill someone quickly with the saber, except for kicking.

slacker

well the original list said nothing about backstab/sweep

they weakend that move so much that you shouldn't even bother using it

powerful moves are needed in games such as CTF, etc

besides, you don't even see those moves spammed so much in CTF (or didn't i should say) because everybody expected to be pulled, it proved that the pull + backstab/sweep could be countered easily

now their is literally no way to kill the person in time

The game needs work.. I dont think it will get the attention it needs but everyone is itching for more in depth sabre combat.. This means more moves for each stance -- moves and countermoves.. That is probably the best part of a good game for me.. Reading your opponent and fighting him as best you can with your set of counterattacks etc..

For now, you might as well grab a snickers -- cause you arent going anywhere for awhile.. Its been dropped to little tommy and his toy sabre, swinging wildly into the fray for a whopping 2 points of damage (sometimes).. For me sabre swinging did not make sabre combat.. Careful use of specials sprinkled throughout with careful use of the sabre to attack.. And I do mean careful cause once you attack you drop your guard.. That (dropping your guard) used to mean something..

The point is that anyone can swing a sabre -- and anyone can do a special (just about).. But obviously due to these changes, not everyone can counter a move.. And we have been given a "better" and more "fairer" way to play.. Whether or not we agree with it..

Without a doubt the game needs serious work.. Frankly, I have had better luck with my bryar pistol than with the sabre as of late.. Thats gotta say something..

Hey, don't diss the bryar pistol! It's the only gun I use right now, and I very often come in first place against repeater and flechette secondary spammers. They get so upset that they leave the server.

Speaking of which, what possessed Raven to put the ammo use of those two guns back down to 15? People were actually starting to use other guns that require skill to use, and guns that can be blocked by the saber. I thought that made things more balanced. It makes me sick to see people pick up the flachette or repeater, and never use the primary fire once. Grrrr . . .

slacker

Originally posted by MediocreSlacker

Hey, don't diss the bryar pistol! It's the only gun I use right now, and I very often come in first place against repeater and flechette secondary spammers. They get so upset that they leave the server.

Speaking of which, what possessed Raven to put the ammo use of those two guns back down to 15? People were actually starting to use other guns that require skill to use, and guns that can be blocked by the saber. I thought that made things more balanced. It makes me sick to see people pick up the flachette or repeater, and never use the primary fire once. Grrrr . . .

slacker

i use those guns;) but don't worry i use the primary fire too:)

Originally posted by Dark_ZONE

YOU IDIOT! . . it's the WHINERS that got them to change the damn game . . Why would they whine about it AGAIN . .

The adaptors wouldn't have whined about 1.03 because . . well, because they would have ADAPTED!! . . . LOL

It's not about DISCOVERY!! . . Have fun learning what will work? . . What's so funny is that they are eliminating more and more moves . . not giving you NEW ones . . Like I posted before, pretty soon you'll have one style one strike and some one just like YOU sayin . . it's not that bad . . Have fun learning what works for YOU . . DUH . . Um, how about running at the guy with the one strike . . that worked last ime . . DOH!!

Cry me a river.

:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:

Archived