Home

Thanks Alot To Whiners

Twins of Doom

Yeah this patch sucks so bad it even got me to post to these forums! Im sooo upset.. I wanted to play JO for a while and if this keeps up and no solution presents itself ill be putting JO on the shelf much quicker than I had ever anticipated.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by BF_Hoby

Yeah this patch sucks so bad it even got me to post to these forums! Im sooo upset.. I wanted to play JO for a while and if this keeps up and no solution presents itself ill be putting JO on the shelf much quicker than I had ever anticipated.

i'm already sort of doing that

i still play jkii but not as much

what happened?

first 1.04 happened

then warcraft III happened

you know what? and i find this amusing because of how few patches we have gotten for jkii

warcraft III got a patch within the first week

you know how many files i had to download just to connect to battle.net for multiplayer? a LOT

Mr. Yepp, thank you for backing my statement on jedi kills. Mer Garry Newman will be seeing that link pretty soon as well.

Also, 1.04 has put the power in the hands of the gunners. Mercs in Jedi vs Mercs are stronger then ever. Explosive weapons can tear a jedi to shreads, not to mention the sniper rifle.

So in the end, this game has now been renamed JediQuakeIII.

i was trying g_saberdamagescale 4 on my clan server (full force) [JHQ]Nightfall was good at that

it was fun though, and for those who want the game to play more like the movies they should definately try it as if you don't block it chances are you are near death!

it is very cool, and would be extremely interesting in a game such as Capture the Flag!

on a guns server it would make the lightsaber more lethal than a gun!

Nightfall would hit you once with medium, taking you down to around 5hp....then he would hit you with lightning

an excellent tactic it was:)

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

i was trying g_saberdamagescale 4 on my clan server (full force) [JHQ]Nightfall was good at that

I played on server that had g_saberdamagescale 3 and low blocking probability. FFA or TeamFFA. Was really fun! No spamming of whatsoever. Great fighting, no complaining. That tells me, that the damage (especally tip-damage and off-mid-swing damage) should be put back to the way it was before 1.03.

:cry7:

Just play the game or not. Thats it. If you do not like it run a server on an older version.

The most bitching I have seen about saber damage is from clan members who would pull and backstab all of the time in 1.03. Now they get their butts handed to them because they worked on speed not skill, so to them the game sucks. The rest of us who had to fight them off gained a better understanding of saber moves and are now cleaning house with you unskilled backstabbing whores.

As for kills in 1.04 I get more than ever without some fool trying to pull and backstab me every five seconds. I got out of it evey three out of five times but it was still moronic to see that move spammed over and over again.

As for blue stance doing more damage so what. All you have to do is turn yourself towards your opponent and you block! WOW! Amazing! Thats what that does! If you had spent more time practicing with a saber instead of perfecting pull and backstab scripts then you would have learned a lot more tricks.

So have your opinion but remember if you abouse a flaw in a game then a good company will close that hole. Plus I do not want to win a game on Saturday night just because a bunch of kids do not know how to write a script file!

:mob:

"If you had spent more time practicing with a saber instead of perfecting pull and backstab scripts then you would have learned a lot more tricks. "

Actually, people who perfected pull and backstabs learned a good trick, it was just because it was a GOOD trick so it got nerfed. Also, scripts barely work. People whine about how scripters change yaw speed and that's cheating, but in fact, it's not true. I learned how to play on maximum sensitivity, in windows and in JK2, so i could spin around to my heart's desire, but it wasn't using a script.

"As for blue stance doing more damage so what. All you have to do is turn yourself towards your opponent and you block! WOW! Amazing!"

Actually, in 1.03, you didn't even need to turn yourself to the opponent, u could have ur butt faced towards him and you'd block. But since you're a skilled player, i bet u knew that anyway. :rolleyes:

"So have your opinion but remember if you abouse a flaw in a game then a good company will close that hole. "

No, I think if people abuse a flaw, then a good player will adapt, not complain.

I bet u were a NF dueler... those people seem to have the most complaints that change it for all other 6 gametypes.

"Atually, people who perfected pull and backstabs learned a good trick, it was just because it was a GOOD trick so it got nerfed. Also, scripts barely work. People whine about how scripters change yaw speed and that's cheating, but in fact, it's not true. I learned how to play on maximum sensitivity, in windows and in JK2, so i could spin around to my heart's desire, but it wasn't using a script. "

Yes this is true and you can do it, I could do it as well but this was not my point. And if you know how to write and execute a script they do work and work very well. Examples of games ruined by scripts are Counterstrike, any Quake game, and UT to name a few. Here the person with the best scripts can be the winner, not the one with the most skill.

"Atually, in 1.03, you didn't even need to turn yourself to the opponent, u could have ur butt faced towards him and you'd block. But since you're a skilled player, i bet u knew that anyway."

Yes I did. As intended you could have a counter for a backstab if you were not swinging your saber. But you could not counter a scripted spinning backstab if they came up behind you because it was unblockable due to the fact that the dynamics of the game engine had been altered to counter the defensive move of the game. You could maybe block the first hit but with yawspeed set to 5000 instead of 140 the hit rate is so high, nearly 36 times higher in fact, their is no way to counter it.

No, I think if people abuse a flaw, then a good player will adapt, not complain."

I did adapt to playing the game in 1.03. I used kicks, rolls and jumps to keep my oponetnts at bay as I gave them quick slashes and strikes. Also If I someone pulled my feet out from under me I had worked out a counter script so that I would get up and roll away very quickly. As I go to the same servers I played on before the clan memebers are asking me how to do the standard moves because they never had to learn them because it was far easier to kill two or three people then respawn and kill some more all with the backstab instead of with the saber and other force power skills like the rest of us who refused, or did not know how to, use a script that was an all out cheat.

" were a NF dueler... those people seem to have the most complaints that change it for all other 6 gametypes."

I was not. I played. and still play, ffa and team ffa. As far as I was concered duels were ok. Saber toss was fine by me, it was easy to block. I think one of the main draws of the game is the use of the force. If not It would be more like a Connan the Barbarian game in space. No force is for people who want to practice saber skills for use in other modes. I myself duel against bots with no force in order to improve my skills with the saber.

Perhaps if I had worded my post a little better the intent would have been clearer. Also If I do not like a game or the way it works I never complain to the software designer. I think that all games require a certain amount of time and skill to learn. But with the advent of things like punkbuster it is a crime that so much game manipulation is going on.

Instead of changing a version they could have just introduced punkbuster into the game and put the cl_yawspeed command on the punkbuster list. So if you executed a cl_yawspeed spin at over 140 then you would be kicked. That alone would have fixed the game.

We now all have to learn to deal damage in whole new ways. For those of us who used the saber in a skillfull manner the adaptation to the game is going quite smooth, for those who used cheats and abused backstab, like clans, the trasition is quite a bit harder.

In the end we all must just play the game the way it is or go and play it in another version. Last nite more servers were running 1.03 than 1.04 on gamespy. This to me means that no one should be complaining because the game is their for you the way you like it if you want to still play it that way. I hope this has made my point clear.

Oh and by the way...:rolleyes: to you too!

The thing most NF Duel people forget about is that Dueling IS NOT the only game type!!!!! I played JKII for the SO/FO CTF which is now useless.

To test my theory I went and created a 104/CTF/SO/FO server the other night, and I could clear the maps by myself. What this means is that against another team of 5 I could run across the level grab the flag, run back and score 10 times without getting killed one time.

They've completely taken away a game type. If you've adapted so well go on a 104/CTF/SO/FO(JediMaster Level), and try to stop a flag runner.

In 103 it was possible to stop any flag runner, and truthfully pull still works in 104 if you know how to do it but it's just not possible to stop an absorbing runner without having your whole team standing in the way. If you do that, you leave your flag unprotected.

I'm glad that NF Duels are more balanced now but for those of us who can only play for a little while (1 hr) each day, waiting in line for a 10-15 min duel to end isn't any fun.

Say what you want, but I've reverted my server and my client to 1.03, at least until JK++ 1.0 is released. Then I'll update both client and server to 1.04 and use the mod.

I wish it didn't have to be this way, but the only reason I play JKII is for CTF and FFA I'm not into duels.... Oh well back to work!!

to sith,

k maybe its true that if u worded it better, i would've understood better, because on that post u sounded like one of those whiners that continually nerf everything, also, for those spinning things, they never really work, unless used in a crowd. If u blocked the first one, u should just move away, not stay point blank while he's twirling.

to TKmaim,

JK2++ is a server side download only, no client versions. If the server's running JK2++, you're running it.

Twins, I'm gonna try to respond to your post in a non-rabid manner :)

First of all I owuld like to say that I didn't whine much in 1.03 and I'm not gonna take up the whiner banner in 1.04. BOTH patches are improvements that can still use some work. Here's why I say so...

You mention that light stances are faster and do more damage in the new patch, and this is the one thing I MAY agree with you on solidly. I usually play with heavy stance, because I like the thinking and footwork that are involved in scoring 'hits'. Simply spinning around someone and spamming doesn't appeal to me much. I used to be able to defend against that easily by simply facing the person and biding my time a bit, then a couple well placed diagonal slashes in heavy and viola. Recently (and this may be a simple coincidence in that I have been facing really good light stance users) I have been getting hit by those spammers rapidly where they used to hit me not at all. I'm not ready to throw 1.04 in the trash heap yet, I'm still looking for a way to be competitive in Heavy Stance while using a varied repetiore(yeah, I can't spell it).

As to nerfing the Backsweep way to much, you are just plain wrong. It is still the most common way to score saber kills that I have seen over the last few days. In my opinion any backstab move that happens more than very rarely is out of whack. How many swordsmen/saberists would survive a realistic fight with their back to the enemy. It can be nerfed more and I would be happy. However, I do still use it, and can use it effectively.

The thing I can't seem to do yet (and maybe I will adapt) is win saber fights using heavy stance non-special moves against a spin spammer. I bet it will become the DFA/Backsweep of 1.04. Kickers will be a runner up.

My only other hope (OK is this a complaint?) Is that they nerf guns. I like playing in the mixed environment, and now that the annoyingly common saber moves are nerfed, I see a lot more guns in the mixed games. In fact, I hardly see any saber kills anymore in all enabled CTF which is what I like to play the most. That's sad. The best thing this game has going is that it is 3-dimensional. Force Powers, Saber movess, and Guns. If guns are the end-all be all if they are available you have two games - Quake, and a 2-dimensional Jedi Knight.

OK, I guess I am a whiner too : ) NERF GUNS!!

Mark Sayther/Dinglepuss

whiners..whiners..whiners... when is this all gonna end. Why don't each and every one of you whiners just go back to playing pokemon or something. Maybe then you got nothing to whine and complain about. Every damn thing Raven does..there's something for you losers to whine about. What..you expect them to be perfect?! There are certain things that some ppl like..and other don't. Raven did all these things in the 1.04 patch..why..cuz of whiners! There is never gonna be ANYTHING that EVERYONE will like. Okay..that's it. NOTHING. GET THAT IN YOUR DAMN WHINING BABY HEADS! And for god sakes..those of you who say "......or else i'm gonna be playing 'insert game here' more now if raven/jedi outcast/blah isn't changed"...THEN GO AHEAD..STOP PLAYING THIS JEDI OUTCAST GAME YOU SEEM TO HATE SO MUCH..AND JUST GO PLAY YOUR FRIGGIN WARCRAFT, RTCW, BLAH BLAH BLAH! Or don't frickin update to the new patch! Is it that hard. To sum this up in 7 short words....."IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT..LEAVE IT!"

Originally posted by weirdnkrazeeone

whiners..whiners..whiners... when is this all gonna end. Why don't each and every one of you whiners just go back to playing pokemon or something. Maybe then you got nothing to whine and complain about. Every damn thing Raven does..there's something for you losers to whine about. What..you expect them to be perfect?! There are certain things that some ppl like..and other don't. Raven did all these things in the 1.04 patch..why..cuz of whiners! There is never gonna be ANYTHING that EVERYONE will like. Okay..that's it. NOTHING. GET THAT IN YOUR DAMN WHINING BABY HEADS! And for god sakes..those of you who say "......or else i'm gonna be playing 'insert game here' more now if raven/jedi outcast/blah isn't changed"...THEN GO AHEAD..STOP PLAYING THIS JEDI OUTCAST GAME YOU SEEM TO HATE SO MUCH..AND JUST GO PLAY YOUR FRIGGIN WARCRAFT, RTCW, BLAH BLAH BLAH! Or don't frickin update to the new patch! Is it that hard. To sum this up in 7 short words....."IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT..LEAVE IT!"

i'm not even going to bother listening to you and taking it as a valid arguement. you know why?

because you joined lucasforums to make one post, that one post was the one above

guess what...you joined to whine at people! say something that helps the community, not squanders it

"i'm not going to even bother listening to you..." Uhh yeah..that's why you took the time to post a reply to me??? Haha. Oh yeah..by the way..I did not register to make one post. I registered for some other reason I forgot..but true..only made one post so far. Why?? Because I got sick and tired of ppl always complaining about this and that. My argument isn't "valid?" Umm..i never really meant for it as that anyway..I was just saying..if you don't like the game..just f*ckin leave it. Okay..nuff said . . .

it was fun though, and for those who want the game to play more like the movies they should definately try it as if you don't block it chances are you are near death!

it is very cool, and would be extremely interesting in a game such as Capture the Flag!

on a guns server it would make the lightsaber more lethal than a gun!

Nightfall would hit you once with medium, taking you down to around 5hp....then he would hit you with lightning

an excellent tactic it was:)

I agree with twins with that enabled u can kill your oppent within secounds. So in games such as CTF it would take much more skill to, not kill the flag runner but rather be the runner and not stare death in the face. I say defineatly apply this to CTF servers. As for dueling, it was pretty fun. I owned in the FF server:D. Just like twins said all I had to do was hit u once with med and then just lighting u. There dead. I would rather play with out this for duels though. But for CTF it would so much fun.

Well, i'm going to have to agree. It was so easy to counter the assfighters and the backsweep ####. It was challanging and fun both. Now that 1.04 came out people still cry and say, " You push whore" or "Gun whore" Now if people keep whinning, maybe Raven can make another patch for you whinners so all you do is run around and laugh at each other without any kind of weapons. This game is gonna die. Plain and simple. You watch.

And to all you whinners...have fun trying to find servers here in about 6 months.

Originally posted by Element_MrX

Well, i'm going to have to agree. It was so easy to counter the assfighters and the backsweep ####. It was challanging and fun both. Now that 1.04 came out people still cry and say, " You push whore" or "Gun whore" Now if people keep whinning, maybe Raven can make another patch for you whinners so all you do is run around and laugh at each other without any kind of weapons. This game is gonna die. Plain and simple. You watch.

And to all you whinners...have fun trying to find servers here in about 6 months.

Well isnt that allready like this? Its hard work to find an FFA saber only server with ppl fighting instead of just chatting ....

Originally posted by Rad Blackrose

Also, 1.04 has put the power in the hands of the gunners. Mercs in Jedi vs Mercs are stronger then ever. Explosive weapons can tear a jedi to shreads, not to mention the sniper rifle.

So in the end, this game has now been renamed JediQuakeIII.

Excuse me? Mercs may as well be kittens on Merc vs Jedi servers. Jedi's own on those servers. Mercs have NO force powers and that's an enormous disadvantage.

Capture the Ysalimari: Even worse than Capture the Flag because there will be no way to kill somebody once they get the flag. All you will have to do is take the flag and run like hell.

Capture the Ysalimari makes it EASIER to kill someone in my opinion.. Oh sure you can't grip them off a ledge, but where's your force heal? your force drain? just remember, you can force heal, they can't! Also they can't Speed EITHER! Nor can they Push... Just launch a few rockets at them or chuck a few thermals down their gullet... Practically anything unblockable works, and chances are they're going to be focusing on getting to base NOT facing you... Shooting in the back may be dishonerable, but only because people don't expect it... In CTF you expect it! Besides, that's OUR flag, give it back thief!

About going back to 1.03 or quitting JK2 and switching to Warkcraft3? How about going back to the original JK? The force on that was much more balanced, and more powerful in the same respect... Lightning could seriously hurt, but it sapped the users force pool so fast it was rediculous! Also, if you used Force Speed and ran too fast into a wall... Well, lets just say your insurance company doesn't cover self inflicted wounds! Force Jump also had to be charged up before it would work... If you charged too much and hit the ceiling you could break your neck.

Also dismemberment... You know what really sucks? when someone cuts your saber weapon off and leaves you alive... you can't shoot, you can't saber, you can only use the force... and even that won't save you...

Also to get a higher level force power you had to get the one before it. So if you were Darkside, you couldn't get Force Destruction unless you had Lightning, Lightning you can't get without Grip, and Grip you can't get without Throw... Throw was FUN! All this debree just goes straight at the target... But on NarShadda Loading Terminal, unless the forcefield was on, you usually ended up throwing 90% of the crates and boxes out into space, which kinda made Throw pointless...

Concussion Rifle on primary fire and a fourth rank Force Destruction at the same time could kill almost anyone in one hit... If they had Force Protection on (which looked like a big partical based ball around you and made you utterly invulnerable for 100 points of damage, only came in one rank, and you had to have no neutral powers, all light side to get it) they might survive... or if their shields were fully charged they might survive... otherwise all you get is the sticky sweet smell of death with that cheesey combination.

Grip could be gotten out of if you blinded the person. Force Blind would make the target's vision bright white... Kinda like Mindtrick only nastier! Much nastier, and it was lightside! Blind could only be defended against with Sight, but only if Sight was activated ahead of time, which is what made Blind so much the better!

There was no sniper rifle, there were no one hit kills. The multiplayer emphasized strategy over how well you know a DFA combination for a particular stance! The EK-11 was rapid fire by default, it had no secondary fire, the pistol had no secondary fire.

The EK-11 was so inaccurate even at close range it was pathetic unless point blank. Which balanced it out because it litterally flooded the area with lasers, making any hall virtually inhospitable, while the bryar pistol could hit anything from any distance without missing, as long as it was stationary.

Thermals would blow up in your hand if you held the fire down too long, the Concussion Rifle had a huge kick to it that made it very dangerous to use if standing with your back too close to a wall because it could wack you into the wall hard enough to hurt!

Even with the complete lack of saber styles and almost total lack of saber combos, battles, even saber battles were much more intense!

Oh and on Single Player, the story line was a bit more compelling...

So before any of you start complaining about the bad changes in 1.04, just remember, the changes they made to the game, the guns they removed, the changes they made to the way force works, to the force powers functions themselves, to even nerfing damage from jumping too high in a low clearance room... Lets just say that there's a lot better things you could complain about... Like how Raven RUINED the Dark Forces series.

I forgot to mention the uber darkforce power... I forget it's name, but lets just say that if you had your rank at Jedi Master and you set all your darkside powers to max and put NOTHING into neutral, you had access to the most deadly of all force powers... one that anybody in your view immediately took physical damage regardless of shields (unless they had the opossing lightside power). The power basically cooked them thoroughly and very fast... Infact you could see them smoking when it happened!

And there was this one rank you could use that let you use both light and darkside powers, but only the first half of either, and you didn't get that many points to stick into them, but it was enough that you could blind someone and choke them at the same time... that way they couldn't blind you to get out of the choke... very tricky! You can't use force powers on someone if you can't see now can you?

Chill brina! You okay? Just chill, aight?

Yeah, The guns and force powers in jk1 were better than what they are now, but that may just be nostialgia playing with me...

Trust me, I've played a lot of jk1, and do know what I'm talking about.

And the sabercombat in jk2 is MUCH better, albeit not as lethal, but a lot more fun and soooo many things you can do! Try and focus more on the improvements Brina, rather than what has been made worse.... If you find the guns boring to use, stick to the saber... If you find the force horrible, stick to NF....

This might reveal what I think about the guns and force as well....

But hey, I think jk1 was funny as hell too, it's just that I believe jk2 is funnier...at least for sabercombat... And it's got the looks baby!

But I've got an idea: Why don't those mod-makers make a multiplayer mod that returns the jk1 weapons to their former glory in this game? Or maybe it's already in the works...

Originally posted by cjais

Chill brina! You okay? Just chill, aight?

But I've got an idea: Why don't those mod-makers make a multiplayer mod that returns the jk1 weapons to their former glory in this game? Or maybe it's already in the works...

If nobody else does, I will! I swear it! I'll even try to make Pull work like it used to... No more pulling people, just disarming them and taking their weapon from them from 500 meters away! But only working on a single person! Might even make the the force power alocation work like it did on the original... Damn I miss that one rank (forget it's name heh) that let you use the first two lightside and first two darkside powers at once... Blind/Choke combo ruled!

About going back to 1.03 or quitting JK2 and switching to Warkcraft3? How about going back to the original JK? The force on that was much more balanced, and more powerful in the same respect... Lightning could seriously hurt, but it sapped the users force pool so fast it was rediculous! Also, if you used Force Speed and ran too fast into a wall... Well, lets just say your insurance company doesn't cover self inflicted wounds! Force Jump also had to be charged up before it would work... If you charged too much and hit the ceiling you could break your neck.

why don't i go back to jk1?

because

a) the graphics suck

b) saber combat sucked

i never said i HATED jk2, i just said that i think that the 1.04 patch had some problems in game types other than duel....

i still play it, but warcraft iii is a much better game IMO

Archived