Home

New Empire bonus mission????????

Hi... I'm not sure if this belongs in this section, but here goes.

This might be a spoiler, if the mission exists.....

I've been looking through the sound/scenario folder, in the hopes of locating appropriate sound files to use in the campaign I'm making, and I came accross a bunch of sound files that didn't correspond with any mission in the game (that I've played, and I've played all that's there!)

They're for the empire and seem concern a mission in which General Tal Ashen pays Boba Fett to destroy the Talor family, who seem to have set up a base on the planet Sarapin. Ashen captures Kath Talor, but Rand escapes.

Sooo..... if anybody knows whether this mission exists or not, and if so, how to achieve it, please post here!!!

There actually is such a mission. It was released on a promotional cd (which contained a few other goodies) along with a miniture strat guide (also promotional) put out by Prima. My wife saw them distributing it at an anime convention and picked up one of the packages for me. Not sure if there is a way to get it otherwise, though I imagine it's possible. If it turns out that you can no longer get the guide/cd promotion, I'll see about whether I can (legally, which I should be able to do since it was a promotion) upload it to galacticbattles.com or the heaven games site... might be at either one of these already though.

BTW, I have seen these up for auction on ebay as well (for which I think the sellers should be busted since they weren't meant to be sold).

Kryllith

Hmm.. I think I got my around the last week of May, and I personally have not seen it any place so I imagine that unless you went to one of the various conventions that you probably wouldn't be able to find it. Sadly, I've no idea how long it was being distributed (or whether it still is).

As for the mission itself? Actually it's pretty much a find-a-good-spot-to-build-a-base-and-go-destroy-the-enemy-base mission. I wouldn't rank it up there among the good missions, but then I prefer the missions where you start out with a little band of individuals and have to go through a lot of things to complete the mission (which may then include building a base to wipe out the enemy). In this one you only start out with Boba, and the base you'd need to build is already partially there, you just need to find it.

Kryllith

Well I went ahead and zipped up the mission (and a readme file I wrote) but when I tried to upload it to galacticbattles.com, I got an error (unloadable page) when I tried to get to the upload page. The Heavengames page stated specifically that the downloadable scenarios were for non-LucasArts created scenarios only, so I didn't upload it there. If anyone can think of another place I can upload it, let me know. Otherwise I'll check back with galacticbattles a few times daily to see if the upload option is functioning.

Kryllith

• 3 weeks later...

I got one of those CDs as a crap shoot along with the PRIMA guide for CC. Totally for free at a Game Spot in NYC... dumb luck I guess as they just happened to have one and gave it to me. But I haven't played the scenario yet. I actually wasnt able to find it!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey,

Sorry, I could never get it to upload on heavengames and it's been a while since I tried uploading it to galacticbattles.com. I stopped playing it for a while since I got a new puter and have been playing games that I couldn't run on my old one (like AOM). I recently started playing GB again, though. I'll have to scrounch around my stuff a bit and see if I can track it down (at the moment, I'm having problems finding my CC case with the game code, so I'm stuck playing the old GB). If I can find it, the Prima disk, I'll see about getting it up here or putting it SOMEPLACE so that people can grab it.

Kryllith

Archived