Home

1.04, thank god

BigMexican

well, i disappeared a bit from the forums for a while, disgusted with the 1.03 spamming and backslash whoring. sure i whored it as much as everyone else for a while, then realised that the game was incredibly boring playing like that.

with 1.04 out, im back playing the game, back trying to nurture the pitiful aussie jk2 community (ehehe). i'll also be back at these forums throwing around my utterly irrelevant and useless drivvle for anyone depressed enough to read it :)

anyhooo, all i can say is thank god for 1.04, which will perhaps breathe life into what was a dying game until today/yesterday/whenever. the pull-while-throwing-saber bug still exists, but i noticed you can only pull/push once, then not again before saber returns to hand, so there must be an easy way to fix this? but still, it was only minor compared to backstab/yawspeed scripters. no throw/bacta in ffa duels also rocks.

I LOVE THIS GAME AGAIN! :)

Yes, I'm also pleased with the new patch.

I play NF SO Duels so it's nice to actually swing the sword again instead of competing about who can do most specials.

As for FFA FF etc. I don't really have a comment since I rarely play those gametypes :)

Originally posted by greedo626

there's a new patch? when did this happen?

Hell, I didn't know about it either! Why don't they put this kind of stuff on the frontpage or somethin'?!? I mean, the least they could do is make a few stickies about the damn thing!

j/k

anyhooo, all i can say is thank god for 1.04, which will perhaps breathe life into what was a dying game until today/yesterday/whenever. the pull-while-throwing-saber bug still exists

I have seen a lot of spammed combos, but what is the Pull/while throwing one?

I have seen the Pull/kick/throw combo . . which is very cool. is this the one you were talking about?

Wouldn't absorb take care of this?? Or maybe fighting on a NF server?

What is a Jedi's limitations?? . . has any body read this in a book or in an interview with Lucas, about Jedi's and their LIMITED use of the FORCE? I am wondering, because I have been able to counter just about every spam except the one where guy can spin like a BLENDER and do an instant kill . .

Wouldn't a Jedi's limitations be a direct result of his level of mastery?? Padawan-Jedi Master

I tend to agree, I actually was able to do some good dueling last night. I most always play on NF SO also and it was cool that it relied on actual skill as a dueler (is that a word? :D)

I am glad I learned how to fight with a saber as opposed to spamming moves all night long (never could do that anyway :p )

I just hope more servers start using it.

IMO, not that its relevant or anything LOL

Peace...:band:

Personally, I think the new patch sucks-ass. In FFA games, all ppl do is the red stance "fly forward" move and the yellow stance "death from above" with a spin on it.

The thing with making it impossible to spin while doing backstab/sweep was a good, but those moves should still be one-hit kills (which they aren't anymore).

patch 1.04 makes room for improvement...

Originally posted by Dark_ZONE

I have seen a lot of spammed combos, but what is the Pull/while throwing one?

I have seen the Pull/kick/throw combo . . which is very cool. is this the one you were talking about?

Wouldn't absorb take care of this?? Or maybe fighting on a NF server?

Basic idea is you launch your saber at someone, then while the saber is in midair, force pull them. This momentarily strips away their defenses and the thrown saber hits them, every time, for 30 easy damage.

Absorb doesn't help because you still get stunned when someone attempts to use push or pull against you.

The only reason it's not more popular is because it takes a lot of force to do it.. maybe 2-3 attacks before you're totally empty so you can't spam it.

But used as a lead-in for another attack it can create a serious advantage.

I'm happy with 1.04. Yellow finisher and DFA are easy to counter, side step and kick or saber throw. Personally I like to kick a DFA'r in the back of the head every time. My only complaint is that I am having a TON of lag on all of the 1.04 servers running right now :(

I see . . This is a pretty low thing to do . . I think I can fight someone who does this . . I'm pretty sure I can give them a fight to remember . . what gets me is that the throw requires an amount of FORCE to perform (or concentration). I think one FORCE at a time should only be allowed to be used . . another words . . you have to have the saber actually come back to your hand before you can use another FORCE . .

Originally posted by LoneJedi

Honestly, I didnt think there was anything wrong with 1.02. I hated 1.03. 1.04 is better than 1.03 but it still sucks much posterior.

no....

1.02 had major errors, somebody could hit you with heavy stance or a DFA if you weren't even close to them

1.03 i liked, backstab/sweep was easy to counter

1.04 i like for dueling, but in CTF all you gotta do is turn on absorb, grab the flag and then run off

Hell, twins dont bull**** us ! have you ever ever ever played against a good backsabber ? NOT these assfighters, good defensive kick backstabbers (NO THROW available) ... you cant do a thing ... if you survive it (IF and then you have 5 hp ...) or just play defensive they kick or air blue uppercut spamm you ... i guess that you havent played against good players so far in a nf nt duel .... else you would understand my point...

It wasnt that bad all the time but there where times where my favourite servers where crammed with these kickscript, blue uppercut script backstab whores ... it was ruined....

they could have left backstab a bit stronger but blockable ... but both deadly and unblockable was too much ... ok the unblockable - undeadly combination is not the best option for backstabbers, but it is one ... and HEY, we all learnt to say goodbye to the DFA and we will say goodbye to the backstab, and once again I want to make clear that saber dams werent altered ... at least the readme says nothing about it ...

ds

First of all if you getting hit with a blue upper-cut lunge, your fighting like a NOOB. No offense but it is easy to see them bait you for an attack ( I know cause I use it) . . it's your A$$ if you wanna follow them into the air for what will definitely be your demise. Second of all, if you getting kicked and bactstabbed, Your not getting up quick enough!! . . I have seen some truly fast get ups by double tapping your Jump once you hit the ground and even tossing your saber too!!

I have fought both really great backstabbers and Lungers . . watch them before dueling them . .

OMG yaou say i fight like a n00b ? idiot! they have a uppercut script ... you dont see them coming in air and with the script they do that move without crounching first ... if they hit you with one kick you have to try to rekick them or even hurt them because of the timelimit ... if you try it with saber you have to work down 45 dam points (25 shield and 20 dam) to equal ... so its easier to try a rekick but they have this badass scripts ... i dont think that you really know what a good fighter is but lets see what you would propose to do against them ... and before you post ... read ... and think first

ds

Jesus,

1.04 is a good patch. FINALY fix that stupid back attack move. Thanks gods.

Now 1.04 is out nothing changed my fightning style other then i know i cant die 1 hit kill from noob player who spawm backspin.

So fun to kick player ass before or after the patch. Actualy this game is to easy for me im leaving JK2 and going back to TrueCombat.

JK2 is a good game but now its rediculous how long its take to kill a player who all he do is ............................................ FLEEEEEEEE

Well.... Oh and i think a new bug appear with that patch.

I guy with lightning lvl 3 like me made a test with me. I burned all my mana on him and still alive with 50 hp ( from 100 - 25 shield ).

But him didnt burned all is mana and killed me with same 100 hp 25 shield WTF !!!!!!

Oh well peace ppls. Was fun playing JK2 but now its time to do other stuff.

bloodrayne_031802_299.jpg

"The blood on my hands is merely proof of my ambition"

[1MAN]BloodRayne Co-Leader of [1MAN]JK2

Hell, twins dont bull**** us ! have you ever ever ever played against a good backsabber ? NOT these assfighters, good defensive kick backstabbers (NO THROW available) ... you cant do a thing ... if you survive it (IF and then you have 5 hp ...) or just play defensive they kick or air blue uppercut spamm you ... i guess that you havent played against good players so far in a nf nt duel .... else you would understand my point...

i have played against some of the best push/pull + backstab/sweep players and have been told by them that i am actually one of the few people that actually can counter it, one of the best challenges they have played

i have been told by somebody that he knows better than to pull me because it just wastes his force pool

have you ever played leelink on a force server? if you can't counter it he will use pull + backstab, but the thing is....it is easy to counter

all you have to do is use absorb EFFECTIVELY!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

i have played against some of the best push/pull + backstab/sweep players and have been told by them that i am actually one of the few people that actually can counter it, one of the best challenges they have played

i have been told by somebody that he knows better than to pull me because it just wastes his force pool

have you ever played leelink on a force server? if you can't counter it he will use pull + backstab, but the thing is....it is easy to counter

all you have to do is use absorb EFFECTIVELY!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

that or kick when they get close enough, ASSUMING you can kick, which reminds me, i gotta visit your server.

Originally posted by LoneJedi

that or kick when they get close enough, ASSUMING you can kick, which reminds me, i gotta visit your server.

ya, i'm not sure if leelink has gotten them to 1.04 yet, but they should be soon...i hope

EDIT: just checked my ICQ JHQ SERVERS ARE ALL ON 1.04!:)

I have to say that twins is really good about avoiding push/pull and backstab tactics. I consider myself one of the best backstaber around, only I might be a little deadlier because I use push just as much as pull to backstab. I havent played the 1.04 patch yet, but I doubt it will have little effect on me as I change my tactics about a month ago to use saber throw and lunge combos which are much more effective. if you would like to test yourself and see the combos, just visit the servers. I have taught some of the other clan members the combos that are on the force servers often. so if im not there, they can probably give you a good run for your money.

Originally posted by leelink

I have to say that twins is really good about avoiding push/pull and backstab tactics. I consider myself one of the best backstaber around only, I might be a little deadlier because I use push just as much as pull to backstab. I havent played the 1.04 patch yet, but I doubt it will have little effect on me as I change my tactics about a month ago to use saber throw and lunge combos which are much more effective. if you would like to test yourself and see the combos, just visit the servers. I have taught some of the other clan members the combos that are on the force servers often. so if im not there, they can probably give you a good run for your money.

well...thank you...i guess;):cool:

if your doing saber throw then lunge, as long as the lunge is in the air it won't change a thing...as far as i've seen so far

i'll have to figure out what exactly this tactic is and how i can counter it;)

*thinks about heading over to the FF server*

Hope you didn't teach the people on the jhq servers who were on last night. :p I stopped by the NF one for a bit, first time I've ever had a ping to jhq under 100.

Not saying I won every fight, but because of the 2 out of 3 rule you had up I ended up going undefeated for a full round. Didn't stay longer cuz the gf was dragging me to a movie. ;)

Was a lot of fun though. 1.04 is great because fights don't have a 99% chance of being finished with a backstab. Won a few fights with normal swings, a few with kicks, didn't need to use a single special attack to ensure my victory.

who were you playing?

*hopes to god that it wasn't any of the jedi masters or jedi knights*

they really shouldn't have gotten worked if they were;)

i can see some of the padawan's or jedi's...but the jedi knights and masters are good;)

what colours were the names?

Archived