Home

Music

LivingSacrifice

Just curious about what eveyone listens to when playing JO? DO you do the ingame music for your listening pleasure, or do you do like me and turn the ingame music off and crank up some good Rock & Roll (something hard) music to kill to, I like to call it :D

Usually I will turn on Winamp in the background and "killing time is here" LOL

Peace...:band:

both wrong :p

I like all types of music: rock, pop, jazz, r&p, rap, soul, funk, hip hop, dance etc etc etc. Just depends what kinda mood I'm in.

When playing JKII, It's gotta be The Matrix soundtrack. :D

Hey Dath Maximus, you following me? ;)

no music.

Not only does it give an FPS hit, most of the in-game music is way too repetitive (play on ffa_bespin for a while and that climax part of the music really really gets on my nerves).

It also makes it easier to hear important soune cues in game.

Doesn't improve my survival rate any but at least when I'm busy respawning I can figure out how the guy killed me. :p

Originally posted by Xzzy

no music.

Not only does it give an FPS hit, most of the in-game music is way too repetitive (play on ffa_bespin for a while and that climax part of the music really really gets on my nerves).

It also makes it easier to hear important soune cues in game.

Doesn't improve my survival rate any but at least when I'm busy respawning I can figure out how the guy killed me. :p

all i do is play my music...then get the effects volume cranked:)

Well, when me dad isn't home (truck driver) I get to use two computers, so I'll set aside the lousy sh*tpc I have for winamp and rock on with jk2 on the good one....

-Type 0 Negative

-Rammstein (no flames, PLZ!)

-Some asorted metal music you'd all find as crazy listening to...

-Sound tracks from different movies (starwars, ghost in the shell, black hawk down, gladiator etc)

-Korn

-Some danish bands only druid would know...

-Some early 90's dance music (retro trip!)

-Some old classics which I can't name....

-Infected mushroom (israeli techno-music, very good)

-Tricky

-Incubus

-U2

-Assorted techno crap

....And a whole lot of other stuff.

I've added tracks from Movie scores such as The Rock, Gladiator, Speed etc...I also love listening to Bob Marley when playing, nothing like Choping someone up while "One Love" is playing in the background.

Infected Mushroom? Tee hee! What a great name!

Hmmm I do different things when I'm playing. Most of the time I don't have any music on so that I can hear what's going on in the game. Here's a question: Is there any way to turn off the music from the game? I've gone to the slider in the options menu and turned it all the way down so that you can't hear it, but is the music still taking up resources that way? I didn't actually turn it off, just turned the volume down or something. It's sorta a paraniod question.

Anyways, I find that the most effective way to get into a dark rage (hehe) is to watch episodes of "7th Heaven" while playing. That has to be the most horribly written, sexist, trite, stereotypical, and biased show on television today. I think there was only one black family in the whole neighborhood, but they moved out or ceased to exist because the writers forgot about them. Single women are depicted as man-crazed, irresponsible, and misguided, who need a man to show them how to do things right. The grandfather even told his granddaughter's boyfriend that it was a husband's duty to "control" his wife. The reverend character practically stalks people left and right. ARG! I can't keep talking about it!! The worst part is, everything on the show is supposed to represent a "healthy" and "family-friendly" attitude. :barf:

Music-wise, I listen to whatever weird crap I can find.

Theme from Sponge Bob SquarePants (only lasts for a minute)

Barbie Girl - Aqua

California - Phantom Planet (local band. Not a very weird song, but the chorus line consists of one word drawn out for about five seconds. Can you guess what that word might be?)

etc.

slacker

P.S. Please help someone who doesn't know or remember what that "Links" song, by Rammstein, was about. I don't even remember what language it was in.

No need to run winamp or use a seperate computer, stereo system, etc. Well actually I might prefer my 6-speaker surround sound stereo here in my room if I didn't have my computer tied into it so I take that back. But since all my computer sound plays over my stereo it's a moot point for me. But anyhow, just zip up some of your favorite mp3s and rename the zip extension to a .pk3 and slap that thing in your base directory. If you didn't add any folders inside your pk3 file then all you gotta type in is music LordsOfAcid-OutComesTheEvil.mp3 or whatever your song is named. I have quite a few keys binded to various songs of mine. The most popular ones I run are:

Bella Morte - Soma

Bella Morte - Winter

Cradle of Filth - Her Ghost in the Fog

Disturbed - Down With the Sickness

Marilyn Manson - Rock Is Dead

Children of Bodom - Children of Decadence

Lords of Acid - Out Comes the Evil

EDIT:

Here's a question: Is there any way to turn off the music from the game?

I'm not sure of any stop command, but if I'm tired of the music I just open up the console and type some gibberish like music dksfjsdfafhjklasdf. It'll pop up with some message saying it can't find dksfjsdfafhjklasdf.mp3 and the music will stop and it won't be playing any music in the background nor be expending the resources to do so.

Archived