Home

WIP - Bothan Jedi Master

BradFu

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update :) Refined the head, added hair, which makes it look way different. The idea for this hair is that I will be using alphas like Major Clod did for his Wookiee. I'm far from knowing how to do that, but I'll figure it out (hopefully with a little help :)

http://windu.cjb.net/bothan3.jpg

http://windu.cjb.net/bothan4.jpg

http://windu.cjb.net/bothan5.jpg

VHD: This one probably won't be part of that particular project, I want to take this one in a slightly different direction than that :)

Kinja: I'm not! :D Seriously, I've just been toying with modelling for a couple weeks. I'm picking it up fairly quickly, though. For this fellow to get in-game, I'm going to need help since I don't know the more complex aspects of JKII modelling, but I think I've got that covered for now.

bliv: Possibly. I don't know that I've ever seen a pic of Borrsk, what kind of clothes do we think he might wear? The focus for this Jedi Master will be a fully robed look. I'm still undecided whether he'll have an actual body under the robes or not. If I decide to go with a regular body with robes over it, then theres all kinds of possibilities. If any other modeller wants to build off the basic head for other Bothans, they're welcome to get in touch with me at bradfu@msn.com. I intend to make an attempt at the body (robed or otherwise) on my own, but I may not be skilled enough to pull that off properly, so I'm open to offers of collaberation from anyone with more modelling skill than me :) I may draw on VHD for a lot of assistance, though I have some other stuff going with him that may keep his attention away from this guy for a while. I find that I really enjoy modelling heads more than bodies, so if there's someone who is the opposite, then feel free to e-mail me and we can chat :)

I really like how this fellow is turning out so far, so I think I'll keep working hard on him until he's done :) Hopefully I'll have his head completed to my satisfaction tomorrow, and get started on the body. I'll post some updates soon :)

great work Bradfu. already it's shaping up nicely especially as i have not seen any models from u before.

A point i would also like to make is that the Bothan, from pics i have seen are quite small so please take this into consideration to get it looking even better.

keep up da good work.

I think Bothans generally run on similar heights to humans. Some tall, some short, whatever. Borsk himself I thought was supposed to be somewhat moderate-to-short, and he was drawn in some comics to be slightly taller than Leia. Other Bothans I've seen are quite a bit taller than that though.

The plus is, for those who want to be able to kill Fey'lya, that he looks very similar to the model BradFu is designing. And personally, I can't wait to see a Bothan Jedi; my friend and I were just discussing different races we're missing, and Bothans came up. It's really great that you're correcting this.

Pretty high, unfortunately. It's around 1400 right now. I've been trying to optomize without loosing much quality, and having limited success. Often when I do Optimize, it triples the polys in the object for some reason :( I've been doing a lot of by-hand optimization, ie welding extraneous vertexes, and I'll keep that up as much as possible, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to get it much slimmer. This might be counterbalanced enough by the use of a full-robed body rather than legs and all. Anybody who's done robes (Toonces maybe?), can you tell me what the robes, feet, and hands take up?

Archived